Poll: Which one you prefer?

Thread: Go'el VS Thrall

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall.
    But I kinda think for them to do a U-turn and make him into "Thrall" again would just be rectifying his development during Cataclysm because of the fanbase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Newaccountforthiscontest View Post
    Green jesus

Put a big smile on my face, thank you

Deleted
    Thrall.

Hell even most of the horde faction leaders (even Garrosh) still call him by his old name.

Thrall: much more diverse character. Flawed, trying his best, balanced.

Go'el: Green jesus/mary sue with VERY poorly written "flaws"
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I would rather like trhall, it just a reminder of what could happen and it remind him of his past. Go'el reminds me of superman>.>
    Go'el always has me thinking of Superman as well. It also reminds me of Aggra. And now I'm thinking of her saying it in the same tone of voice in a very inappropriate situation... eeeew. Dangit.

I prefer Thrall. Continuing to use the designation as a name as he struggled to help and enrich his people, he turned the word into something else. It made the word one that implied strength, wisdom, and a lack of shame over his past. He was a thrall. He became Thrall.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall.

/tenchars

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall, the kickass Orc who raised down Durnhole keep but in same time asked them for peace first, he want peace but he will slay anyone who is stupid
    Goel on other hand... picked Garrosh as next warchief, enough said

And also I'm horde, I won't cry a tear over the death of Aggra, she can rest in peace(ces) and I won't care, I care for Garrosh more than her (feel free to guess why :3)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall, and these quotes explain why.

"Blackmoore gave me the name so I would never forget that I was something he owned, that I belonged to him. I never will. I will keep the name, and one day, when I see him again, he will be the one who remembers what he did to me, and regret it with all his heart."
    "Blackmoore! Tonight you sleep in hell!"
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Go'el concept has been the most disliked by the community, and even I understand why.

Before, even around the time of TBC and wrath, the fact his name Go'el was discovered, it was nothing more then a curious interest, that Thrall had a birth name, but it didn't determine who he was and what he was doing, and that gave him even more depth as a character.

But to suddenly change everything that he would sooner embrace this birthname he was given, and try to become this role he assumed he should be following, it made for some poor storytelling, one that I would have hoped would lead to him waking up one day and realizing this was a mistake, he is Thrall, he was raised and grew up as Thrall, thats who he is, not this Go'el guy.
    #boycottchina

Thrall from WC3 without a shadow of a doubt

He was so badass in that game and set up one of the greatest characters in warcraft history

Go'el, Kal'el, I think Thrall is a green superman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Thrall.

Hell even most of the horde faction leaders (even Garrosh) still call him by his old name.
    Exactly. When Vol'jin is badly injured, he asks you to go find 'Thrall', not Go'el.

Honestly, this force notion of them trying to instill up into calling him go'el failed miserably, people want to think of him as Thrall, even the lore figures and his friends call him Thrall.

Why did they try so dam hard to push this onto everyone?

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 11:25 AM ----------

I want him back in the horde, but I want him back as Thrall. He can keep the burlap costume and hood, but I will never call him Go'el seriously.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    No but it changes the symbolism. Rising from servitude to lead a nation, one he forged and sacrificed to bring together vs. "Go'el" a name that, so far has no meaning.
    for once we agree on something. Thrall has meaning to it, and even those close to him call him this with an affection to the name. Go'el is meaningless, the child go'el who's parents died when he was a baby never got to make his name known to there people, so it has little meaning.

anyway, an orc who is named needs to go though some kind of ritual by his parents where they rest them in a river as they are named. Thrall never had this, so his 'real name' isn't even official.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Exactly. When Vol'jin is badly injured, he asks you to go find 'Thrall', not Go'el.

Honestly, this force notion of them trying to instill up into calling him go'el failed miserably, people want to think of him as Thrall, even the lore figures and his friends call him Thrall.

Why did they try so dam hard to push this onto everyone?

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 11:25 AM ----------

I want him back in the horde, but I want him back as Thrall. He can keep the burlap costume and hood, but I will never call him Go'el seriously.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 11:28 AM ----------

for once we agree on something. Thrall has meaning to it, and even those close to him call him this with an affection to the name. Go'el is meaningless, the child go'el who's parents died when he was a baby never got to make his name known to there people, so it has little meaning.

anyway, an orc who is named needs to go though some kind of ritual by his parents where they rest them in a river as they are named. Thrall never had this, so his 'real name' isn't even official.
    ..I can't begin to describe how much I agree with you .
    Howay the lads!

Deleted
    Thrall was sympathetic, he had allegiances and imperfections. Go'el is everybody's pal and has incomprehensible power. To me, that's just not interesting.

Thrall certainly wasn't perfect before he hung Doomhammer up on the mantle, I think his policies to do with Ashenvale and the Warsong clan were appalling and he was far too trusting when it came to his laissez-faire attitude with his subordinates (eg. Undercity becoming a cesspool of corruption and biohazardous W.M.D's), but at least he had some fire in him and had the whole divided soul thing going on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Failmuffins View Post
    Every time I see the name Go'el, I hear Aggra screaming it over and over again in my head. X.x;

Thrall has much more meaning and back story behind it anyways: a name he was given in mockery, but which he embraces and continues to use as a reminder of his past. Go'el is just something Metzen and Co. made up for Cata.
    Basically this. Especially Aggra. Gods, I've never seen such a two-dimensional character in all my life. I much preferred Thrall when he didn't have that Mag'har ball and chain around his neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall for sure. That new model with his old Doomhammer gear would (will?) be a sight to behold.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what this reminds me of, and why I think metzen made a mistake in the approach to this.

In X-men, for years, people called Wolverine by either his code name or his 'real' name Logan, thats how people thought of him as, Logan, the hard ass Canadian mutant.

In recent years however, we discover Logan isn't his birthname, his birthname is infact James Howlett, and he discovers this himself.

Does the character of wolverine then go into having everyone calling him James? Feck no, that would be ridiculous, his name is logan, thats how every other character knows him as, and it was never enforced on the fanbase that suddenly everyone needed to start calling him James, infact it was prompted that this was who he use to be, its not who he is now.

So, if the devs had any sense, they would never have tried to enforce this notion that because his parents wanted to call him go'el, he should thus be called it. That was a mistake on there part, and one the fanbase never took on board.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Thrall for sure. That new model with his old Doomhammer gear would (will?) be a sight to behold.
    Itaanis made quite the bitchin' adaptation a while ago:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Itaanis made quite the bitchin' adaptation a while ago:

Yeah, that's insane. The fans would rejoice if that guy took back Grommash Hold from his... ill-fated successor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Yeah, that's insane. The fans would rejoice if that guy took back Grommash Hold from his... ill-fated successor.
    Indeed. Hopefully he'll hang up the potato-sack now that the time for necessary neutrality has passed and don some gear worthy of a Warchief.