So... I just did my first chronicle.

That was awesome.

I think that it being a sort of rewardy cheese screen for hitting 50 (and now a type of end game I guess?) was epic. It's something you felt like you worked for and it FELT REWARDING.

Whereas wow lacked it, and the closest it came was like... some orc wedding that pissed me off so hard. (You are the only person who can fix the world. You almost die. You get brought back to life... And you decided to have a wedding instead of fixing THE PLANET. Not to mention the people who killed you seem to have no issue CCing gods and could fly back over the mountain ridge at anytime. I WILL CUT YOU)
    And swtor had so much that by the end of doing the planet quests 6 times you were wearing out your space bar.

This was a really nice change of pace. Not so much you've been numbed to it, not so little that you buy a thrall plushy and throw it into a grill. (it wasn't my grill. So my burgers don't taste like plushy flesh)

Good work trion.

Also, thanks for letting me play your game for free RAF rocks!

Anyone else feel like the first chronicle rocked their world? Also, what do I have to look forward too? Do I have to do the greenscale blight to finish my frosty ring quest? How do I get the life and death essence? Is it through the chronicles?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Yes, to get your ring you just need to do the GSB and RoS Chronicles, not the actual raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    That was awesome.

I think that it being a sort of rewardy cheese screen for hitting 50 (and now a type of end game I guess?) was epic. It's something you felt like you worked for and it FELT REWARDING.

Whereas wow lacked it, and the closest it came was like... some orc wedding that pissed me off so hard. (You are the only person who can fix the world. You almost die. You get brought back to life... And you decided to have a wedding instead of fixing THE PLANET. Not to mention the people who killed you seem to have no issue CCing gods and could fly back over the mountain ridge at anytime. I WILL CUT YOU)
    And swtor had so much that by the end of doing the planet quests 6 times you were wearing out your space bar.

This was a really nice change of pace. Not so much you've been numbed to it, not so little that you buy a thrall plushy and throw it into a grill. (it wasn't my grill. So my burgers don't taste like plushy flesh)

Good work trion.

Also, thanks for letting me play your game for free RAF rocks!

Anyone else feel like the first chronicle rocked their world? Also, what do I have to look forward too? Do I have to do the greenscale blight to finish my frosty ring quest? How do I get the life and death essence? Is it through the chronicles?

I've been so absorbed in the world events going on in the new zones I've neglected coming here for several hours. I wouldn't be overly concerned about death/fire/earth/water w/e resistance essences at this time. Once SL drops they are all resist all.

Chronicles are nice to get you started after hitting max level but you'll soon be moving on to other things (real soon) so enjoy them get some gear/consumables and then just go with the flow. It's been so long I forget the earlier quest lines if any for the entry level content.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-11-03 at 05:42 AM.

Chronicles are way fun for a while. Seriously, they were implemented just before my friend and I hit 50 and we had an absolute blast running them.

Totally forgot about them for a bit on my mage/rogue I just leveled and that was a big mistake. The rewards are so good for fresh 50's with no AH gear and little to no 48+ dungeon gear.

I like how the RoS and HK chronicles tie into the raid, and the Ceremony of Attunement was awesome period. The GSB chronicle I didn't really like because it was basically the story of the raid but for one person (since you "kill" Greenscale at the end of it) and it seems Trion figured out it wasn't good because the other two revolve around the story, not letting you experience the actual raid but giving a taste of what's there. It felt similar to how Molten Front was pitched in 4.2: Those who weren't going to be raiding Firelands could still experience some of the "cool" factor and feel like they were doing things to help in pushing Raggy's forces back. It didn't really feel like that, mostly due to the feeling of a forced grind (something WoW has always been behind for whatever reason) but in Rift the HK/RoS chronicles give you that feeling that you're experiencing a cool part of the story but not diminishing from the raid itself.

aside from chronicles, you should get started on the epic life and the water saga quest chains. they represent how much effort really went into the game from the developer's side and are an excellent way to get PA, Plat and even epic gear.

U may need to get help for a few of the quests, though.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }