Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Epic! Dave131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pasadena, Ca.
    Posts
    1,573

    It's almost Xmas already, ugh.... I need HELP

    You may not think so, but as far as I'm concerned, it's almost Christmas already.

    Now here's the problem. I do not have ONE single clue what to get my girlfriend this year and I need some suggestions.

    So here's some back story on her and the gifts I've gotten her:

    I commissioned a painting for her, a massage chair, a Razer Mouse and Keyboard combo(oh yeah, she's a total gamer nerd like me), trip to Cambria, Ca., some really nice plants and flowers, a Nintendo 3DS, several 3DS games, and a Scottish Fold Kitten.

    I can't buy her jewelry because she works at a shop that her family owns and they sell tons of REALLY high end jewelry and she has a ton of it at home. I refuse to buy her clothes because God forbid any of it be too big(lol). She has an iPad, she has an Xbox, and she has a really nice computer so I can't think of any gadgets she'd want.

    Only idea I have so far is a weekend getaway and a Hot Air Balloon ride, I think that'd be nice and romantic but I don't know....

    SO yeah, thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas? Anyone that can just relate and wanna vent like I am?
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

  2. #2
    This wasn't exactly a 'Christmas' gift.. But for my Birthday, my ex hired us an incredibly hot escort.. 3 hours of pure 'fun'.

    Best $3500 she ever spent.

  3. #3
    Take her to a Lakers game. The Knicks are gonna be there Christmas day at Staples Center.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome beneholio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Graz, Austria
    Posts
    736
    You don't have a clue what your girlfriend likes and so asked the MMO-Champion community for advice? What a great move!

    On a serious note: Why don't you ask her what she likes? Worked out fine for me until this day. If you don't want to ask her: get her something that reminds her of some great experience you both share!
    Take A Walk On The Wild Side

  5. #5
    Just get her a giftcard.

  6. #6
    If you can draw, paint, sculpt or craft, do something yourself that has personal meaning to her or both of you.

    Do something with her instead of buying a gift, since you're saying she has everything.
    Romantic getaway, spa for two, holiday tickets.

    I'm a girl myself. Just sayin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    Just get her a giftcard.
    Do NOT get her a gift card.


  7. #7
    Old God
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,652
    Tickets to a band/artist she really like?
    Books, not everyone enjoys reading though.
    Bodyshop(or similiar shops) always have a lot of good stuff, last year I bought my girlfriend a calander from there, 1st-24th dec, each day she could open up a new box and there was a new product. She loved it. You could make one yourself and put in things you know she likes.

    Just a few things on top of my mind.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk lokithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    1,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    Just get her a giftcard.
    Giftcards are for the lazy people who don't even try. Honestly I'd rather get socks and underwear than a giftcard lol.

    As to the topic at hand. The lakers tickets would only be good if A) she likes sports or B) you can actually afford them. Or you could always propose to her

  9. #9
    By the way, don't be scared to buy clothes! Just don't be boring, get her a beautiful evening dress, real sexy underwear with corsets and the whole package. Also, better to buy too big a size than too small. Believe me, there's nothing worse for a gal than realising you can't cram into a clothing gift. Just save the receipt and trade it for a smaller one if it's a bit loose! She can NOT be that sensitive that it will turn ugly.

  10. #10
    Brewmaster Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,489
    Coupons for sex. Win win imo.

  11. #11
    Epic! Dave131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pasadena, Ca.
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by beneholio View Post
    You don't have a clue what your girlfriend likes and so asked the MMO-Champion community for advice? What a great move!

    On a serious note: Why don't you ask her what she likes? Worked out fine for me until this day. If you don't want to ask her: get her something that reminds her of some great experience you both share!
    I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who's ever felt stumped about what to get their significant other. Really, this post is just to hear the various random ideas from anyone who feels so inclined to share something.

    As for your suggestion of getting her something that reminds her of a time she and I shared together, for her birthday this year I had a really gorgeous portrait of the two of us made, using a picture we took together when I took her to Cambria for Valentines Day.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Giftcards are for the lazy people who don't even try. Honestly I'd rather get socks and underwear than a giftcard lol.

    As to the topic at hand. The lakers tickets would only be good if A) she likes sports or B) you can actually afford them. Or you could always propose to her
    Giftcards are an indirect way of getting money.

    Gifts are an indirect way of getting money as well in most situations.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Arodithe View Post
    By the way, don't be scared to buy clothes! Just don't be boring, get her a beautiful evening dress, real sexy underwear with corsets and the whole package. Also, better to buy too big a size than too small. Believe me, there's nothing worse for a gal than realising you can't cram into a clothing gift. Just save the receipt and trade it for a smaller one if it's a bit loose! She can NOT be that sensitive that it will turn ugly.
    The flip side however is if you buy her some clothes that are too big.. She's going to assume you think she's fat.

  14. #14
    Epic! Dave131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pasadena, Ca.
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Arodithe View Post
    By the way, don't be scared to buy clothes! Just don't be boring, get her a beautiful evening dress, real sexy underwear with corsets and the whole package. Also, better to buy too big a size than too small. Believe me, there's nothing worse for a gal than realising you can't cram into a clothing gift. Just save the receipt and trade it for a smaller one if it's a bit loose! She can NOT be that sensitive that it will turn ugly.
    Clothing is just so freaking scary!

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 04:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Arodithe View Post
    If you can draw, paint, sculpt or craft, do something yourself that has personal meaning to her or both of you.

    Do something with her instead of buying a gift, since you're saying she has everything.
    Romantic getaway, spa for two, holiday tickets.

    I'm a girl myself. Just sayin.
    The getaway idea is pretty much top of the list at the moment. I think a Hot Air Balloon ride would be fun, unique, and romantic. You're a girl, what do you think of the idea?
    Last edited by Dave131; 2012-10-31 at 11:54 PM.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    Clothing is just so freaking scary! She's a doll, but
    I can almost guarantee you (unless she's a wierd one) that she will be amazed by an evening dress; it also reflects your taste What do you want her to wear to look stunning? If you're abit lost stick to dark colours and simple design.

    Then you can use this dress to take her out to dinner

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans starkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Planet Caravan
    Posts
    2,995
    Just ask her its xmas not a surprise birthday party
    You are lying! I never hit you! YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

  17. #17
    Epic! Dave131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pasadena, Ca.
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Nixon View Post
    This wasn't exactly a 'Christmas' gift.. But for my Birthday, my ex hired us an incredibly hot escort.. 3 hours of pure 'fun'.

    Best $3500 she ever spent.
    Don't think that'd work out so well, but thanks :-P
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,216
    Cards where you clumsily wrote upon:

    Free sexy time, unlimited use.

  19. #19
    Get her a microwave, bitches love microwaves.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  20. #20
    Tickets to go to a gaming event or convention? Comic-con maybe? Sports? Disney? Universal? One of the coolest things I ever got someone was the ride-a-long at drivepetty.com where you ride in a Nascar style car. Looks like there's even one near you in Fontana. Books? Movies? A trip somewhere?

    That's all I got. Hopefully one of those gives you an idea. Good luck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •