Rhonin - Tides of War Spoilers

Ok, am I the only one really pissed off that rhonin is dead?!? I am honestly suprised that no one has said anything (or I haven't heard anyone say anything) about it. He was one of my absolute favorite characters of warcraft, he

-destroyed the dragon soul
    -travel back in time to the first invasion of the burning legion, nozdormu returned him to the present afterwards to be there when his children were born and offered the children the friendship of the bronze flight.
    -became leader of the kirin tor
    -etc etc

I mean understand the need to add to the games story, but why him

I hope you horde are happy, you killed another awesome character of wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Rhonin wasn't alliance, he was Kirin Tor, which was neutral at the time. Also, Rhonin was a filthy mary sue. I hated him and am glad he's gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny part is so many people hated Rhonin for being one of Knaak Mary sue in his novels WotA series but somehow this Rhonin in the Tides of War novel is so likeable and somehow redeemed his character overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    The funny part is so many people hated Rhonin for being one of Knaak Mary sue in his novels WotA series but somehow this Rhonin in the Tides of War novel is so likeable and somehow redeemed his character overall.
    Because it was written by Christie Golden.

Rhonin has been a favorite charecter of mine for a long time. Im pissed that he was killed. I havent read the book yet but if what i read was a direct quote of the book he doesnt have to dead, he may have ported somwhere else to draw most of the explosion with him maybe to a new planet or where ever turulyon has been hiding all these years thats what i hope atleast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    Rhonin has been a favorite charecter of mine for a long time. Im pissed that he was killed. I havent read the book yet but if what i read was a direct quote of the book he doesnt have to dead, he may have ported somwhere else to draw most of the explosion with him maybe to a new planet or where ever turulyon has been hiding all these years thats what i hope atleast
    "Just before the portal closed, Jaina caught a glimpse of Rhonin exploding in a cloud of lavender ash as the mana bomb detonated in front of him."

thats what i read maybe that explosion was not his body. probably was but maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Rhonin wasn't alliance, he was Kirin Tor, which was neutral at the time. Also, Rhonin was a filthy mary sue. I hated him and am glad he's gone.
    im sorry you cannot read, as I never said he was alliance, but he still had strong ties with them

ya hes a bit one-dimensional, but still I liked him, no real reason to be all hateful about him

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 03:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    thats what i read maybe that explosion was not his body. probably was but maybe not.
    nah, the next patch already has Jaina as the new kirin tor leader, so hes gone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caboosefanatic View Post
    nah, the next patch already has Jaina as the new kirin tor leader, so hes gone
    Theramore was merely a setback!

I now she is taking over i dont expect if there is a return for it to happen any time soon. Not this xpac atleast.

Well, I am sorry that you are disappointed by him being killed off, because, hey, that's never fun when a favorite character gets killed off. But I do think Rhonin was a pretty limited character and really, really far too aggrandized by his creator. Killing him off was a very smart way to advance Jaina's story and will also allow for development of Vereesa and their children as standalone characters who can make other contributions to the lore than being, well, Rhonin's family. And the manner of his death was at least a Crowning Moment of Awesome for him, since he not only saved Jaina personally, his whole gambit was first and foremost to save his own wife, but in practical terms also probably saved the lives of most if not all friendlies in Dustwallow that weren't within the city itself.

Deleted
    The general consensus from WoW fans were highly negative towards Rhonin and his fiery red hair of ridiculousness

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    highly negative towards Rhonin and his fiery red hair
    I lol'd because its true

I am glad he is gone, ever since he became a time traveler and taught Illidan how to be a proper mage I really started to dislike the character, but his raptor army was just too much. Unfortunately his trophy wife escaped the blast, well you can't have everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm certain if rhonin was a character brought into the series by Golden people would have felt better about it.

It seems Christie managed to make most of knaaks characters into more likable ones such as the aspects in Thrall: Twilight of the aspects.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The general consensus from WoW fans were highly negative towards Rhonin and his fiery red hair of ridiculousness
    Again this was generally down to a poor writer.
    #boycottchina

He is neat and I will miss him.

P.S. Maybe he'll show up as a ghost-type thing later. That might be neat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm certain if rhonin was a character brought into the series by Golden people would have felt better about it.

It seems Christie managed to make most of knaaks characters into more likable ones such as the aspects in Thrall: Twilight of the aspects.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 04:36 PM ----------

Again this was generally down to a poor writer.
    True, unfortunately it wasn't and instead we got Knacks homoerotic imba literature lover...

10+ Year Old Account
    I got up and /danced when I read that Rhonin was dead, and may he remain so for as long as the franchise continues. He was so color-by-numbers that it was painful, and the only reason I open his 'Grats on 80!' mail anymore is for the free potions, despite the restraining order I've filed against him with every notable form of law enforcement up to and including the Scourge.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!