Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Black Temple scenario and the Codex of Xerrath

Is the quest on the beta yet? Can anyone post screenshots or confirm that green fire is rewarded from it?

Getting conflicting information from others saying the quest was removed entirely. What the hell is going on now that Xelnath left?!

It is indeed strange, the PTR has progressed and there are no signs of the questline. I for one, have noticed that there used to be a rune on the Black Temple door as part of the questline but it appears to have been removed for some reason or the time being. There have also been some annoying changes like removing Cataclysm and Supernova from the latest build.
    To be more objective, there are no signs or facts on what is going to happen with it. We can only hope that things won't get worse and have the questline removed completely. As for the green fire, the quest appeared to be continued in 5.2, so there is a serious possibility that we will be trolled and wait for a lot of patches till we see an actual reward. That is my opinion and I hope to see news or feedback from other users about what they think.

Monks and Mages have also had significant changes added and then removed again (possibly some other classes but I don't follow them as closely), it's not because your developer left it's just that Blizzard is doing something weird with its development cycles in general this time around for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Monks and Mages have also had significant changes added and then removed again (possibly some other classes but I don't follow them as closely), it's not because your developer left it's just that Blizzard is doing something weird with its development cycles in general this time around for some reason.
    No denying it, however the questline is a big thing and is associated with progressing important lore and could have been involved with the main story as well. Removing those spells could be one thing, but a major implementation like a lore questline is a whole other subject.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    No denying it, however the questline is a big thing and is associated with progressing important lore and could have been involved with the main story as well. Removing those spells could be one thing, but a major implementation like a lore questline is a whole other subject.
    As there weren't actually any notes saying it was removed, PTR is likely to last for at least another month yet and the only reason anyone is suspicious that it's been removed is "I can't access it yet" I wouldn't start complaining too soon, they just might not have added enough that they want it to be trialled yet.
    Nobody can confirm or deny that it has been removed except Blizzard and you know that they won't until the patch is released.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it doesn't come in 5.1 after all the teasing, I'm done with this class. I'd rather have nothing at all on my rogue than be teased like this on my lock.

Quest is being removed. I used to work for Blizzard, and I can tell you this much. The Mage lead is a Jackass of the same cut of cloth as Greg Street. Locks will never get Green Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    Quest is being removed. I used to work for Blizzard, and I can tell you this much. The Mage lead is a Jackass of the same cut of cloth as Greg Street. Locks will never get Green Fire.
    Oh, okay.

I'm remaining optimistic. Why add a 489 ring if the questline wasn't still progressing in some magnitude?

@LichslayerX

I'm a neurosurgeon who works at Riot and I can tell you green fire is coming in 5.2.
    Last edited by Tya; 2012-11-03 at 05:20 AM.

I think the best thing to say would be "don't get your hopes up."

Beyond that, I guess we'll just wait and see.

useless ring, why add something that will "force" people to do the questline? just gimme the damn green fire and leave me alone. (also, nerf warriors)

5.2 is comming in 4months~~

the quest was asked about on ghost crawlers twitter page.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...18706070179840

although it was asked before these new ptr patch notes hit. so who knows if they did actually get rid of the quest all together. i wouldn't be shocked.

its funny because even though xelnath tried so hard to get warlocks better things and improve their gameplay he(well more blizz's dev team) actually made it worse. I knew they would get rid of everything he was trying to get pushed through, either out of spite or for valid gameplay reasons. It seems like instead of making the warlock as good of a class as they can to win back some of the players who thought xelnath was the only one who could design them, they instead are trying to make us hate him by making the class worse and getting rid of all the stuff he worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    I'm the world's strongest millionaire and I can tell you, locks will eventually get green fire.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulu View Post
    Why add a 489 ring if the questline wasn't still progressing in some magnitude?
    This is a good point too. Topic is pointless, baseless speculation.
    All evidence that exists (there's admittedly not a lot, but it outweighs the evidence in opposition) points to "no it's not removed".

10+ Year Old Account

A person can dream.

Any updates on whether or not we're actually going to see any of this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Any updates on whether or not we're actually going to see any of this?
    Nothing in the patchnotes, and we're allready seeing release clients on the PTR. Don't think we'll be seeing much in 5.1, at the moment, but GC's tweet earlier on this page makes me believe it's still in the works at least, so 5.2 maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Nothing in the patchnotes, and we're allready seeing release clients on the PTR. Don't think we'll be seeing much in 5.1, at the moment, but GC's tweet earlier on this page makes me believe it's still in the works at least, so 5.2 maybe?
    can you provide a link with the tweet?

Blizz just likes to fuck stuff up probably to make you reroll another class

It was mostly Xelnath worrking on this and he was fired. Blizzard doesnt want to be sued over intellectual property so they just scrapped it all.