Blade Lord Ta'yak help

We are having some issues with this boss. We have cleared 6/6 MSV and first boss of HoF...so we have done pretty well. I do not have any logs to post due to errors with an addon. Just had two general questions though.

Unseen strike - how should you stand for this? We are trying to get into the cone but there are sometimes problem where we are all stacked on each other and some will die and some will not get hit at all.

2nd phase - How many stacks of intensify should you be looking at? We are hitting about 18 stacks when we get into P2 and it seems like it is unhealable. Healers are struggling to keep people up on the first run to him and it makes it hard to dodge at the same time while trying to get every up to a decent HP.

Tips appreciated.

Thank you.

The cone forms from a line going from the boss to the Unseen Strike target. So the best I can do in test is something like B----T< (with B being Boss and T being Target).

In regards to the Intensify stacks his enrage timer lines up with 25 stacks.

18 stacks at the beginning of phase 2 seems extremely high. I haven't seen this on 25 man yet, just tried it on 10-man (had people out for halloween - will see 25 next week), but on 10-man we're going into phase 2 with 6-8 stacks and hitting the enrage at roughly 20 stacks. With this in mind, it sounds like DPS needs to be picked up quite a bit, but again if you're on 25s and I'm on 10s then it could be a bit different.

As far as unseen strikes goes, positioning on it is a bit weird. We handled it by stacking slightly behind the person targeted, relative to where the boss should pop up if the boss were to travel in a straight line to that person. This was no 100% effective - occasionally the boss would pop up in a place where we didn't expect him to, but it was probably 98% effective (even with the occasional graphic wonkiness).

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    18 stacks at the beginning of phase 2 seems extremely high. I haven't seen this on 25 man yet, just tried it on 10-man (had people out for halloween - will see 25 next week), but on 10-man we're going into phase 2 with 6-8 stacks and hitting the enrage at roughly 20 stacks. With this in mind, it sounds like DPS needs to be picked up quite a bit, but again if you're on 25s and I'm on 10s then it could be a bit different.

As far as unseen strikes goes, positioning on it is a bit weird. We handled it by stacking slightly behind the person targeted, relative to where the boss should pop up if the boss were to travel in a straight line to that person. This was no 100% effective - occasionally the boss would pop up in a place where we didn't expect him to, but it was probably 98% effective (even with the occasional graphic wonkiness).
    This may help out a bit, finally got logs up.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d2ygbg7gs5xkc6q3/

The arms warrior and the lock at the bottom were our pugs from last night.

I'm personally having problems with seeing how this guy posistions himself after disappearing. Could anybody give any suggestion how to deal with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I'm personally having problems with seeing how this guy posistions himself after disappearing. Could anybody give any suggestion how to deal with it?
    Look at your tank. Your tank will pick the boss up asap and just make sure to keep an eye on him/her. If need be, mark the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtze View Post
    We are having some issues with this boss. We have cleared 6/6 MSV and first boss of HoF...so we have done pretty well. I do not have any logs to post due to errors with an addon. Just had two general questions though.

Unseen strike - how should you stand for this? We are trying to get into the cone but there are sometimes problem where we are all stacked on each other and some will die and some will not get hit at all.

2nd phase - How many stacks of intensify should you be looking at? We are hitting about 18 stacks when we get into P2 and it seems like it is unhealable. Healers are struggling to keep people up on the first run to him and it makes it hard to dodge at the same time while trying to get every up to a decent HP.

Tips appreciated.

Thank you.
    Here are our logs. We seem to be about at same skill lvl as your guild: (Log of kill).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12546&e=13025

Be aware you will lose ALOT of dps, in the last phase.

As you can see, our dps is not that great either.

We have tons, tons of wipe duo to not understanding Unseen strike.

We started just having every stack, and it works. Every "closes" in, when there is 5 secs to Unseen, then when he does it, everyone stacks on tank (We marked a tank we stack on). He dictates where we will be knocked, and where it is.

We had many wipes duo to us thinking that it was bugged/some strange thing, but the fact is that you just have to be stacked, and have to be it azap. You prob wiped many times duo to people "nearly" being stacked, or being to slow, and therefore not getting hit = people killed.

In terms of last phase we have the luxury of having 2 druids, which helps. Other than that, you just need to avoid tornados, and get there azap. Using cooldowns is lethal, in terms of surviving on the run. We have our ele shaman throwing out heals with hes "cast on the move", as well as our boomkin throwing hots ec.

You don't have 18 stacks when you get to last phase. That won't be possible to enrage. You will however, get tons of stacks (he stacks them faster) in second phase.
    Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l%C3%A8/simple
    Old Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Needle/simple
    LFR Hero/Alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...astasya/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    When he does unseen strike he will always hit his target from the side of the player that the boss was located when he turned invisible.

Ie if player X is facing the boss and the boss targets X for unseen strike, the boss will strike X from directly in front of X, knocking X and everyone with X backwards. The rest of the raid needs to stand slightly behind X from the perspective of the boss in order to be hit by it (similar to Qiang on spirit kings).

I'm not sure how to explain it any more clearly but its pretty much exactly what you would expect, as if he had run over or charged over to his target, except hes invisible.
    Many thanks for this reply. This should make it a lot easier for me. Cheers

Wow. Stack up on the person who is marked. That's all there is to it. There's no uber difficult magic concept. Either your people are standing on the marked person or they're tunneling dps too hard to run over.

You also can feel free to use different damage reduction and health increasing cooldowns. Regular healer cooldowns like Tranquility and Healing Tide are less important than abilities like Rallying Cry or Power Word Barrier.

As long as people run to stack this should be a very simple ability to deal with as damage pretty much stops after it happens giving you enough time to heal people up.

18 stacks going into phase 2 means you unfortunately don't have the DPS to take down the boss. At that rate, he'll enrage before you even hit 10%.