Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

All healing spells which cost mana have had their mana cost increased by 10%

so its gonna cost us more to heal now? if i read that right

That's how I'm reading it as well. In all honesty, I didn't feel that Mistweavers needed as much nerfing as it looks like we may be getting. I little here and there seemed like it would be good to me. The 10% hit to mana cost and the Reduction to Renewing Mists Charges as well as 25% healing reduction to all lvl 30 healing talents seems like an "OMG We need to nerf....something.....just hit it all and see what works" kind of thing. I think they'll work things out but as it stands, I think these changes are a little bit heavy handed.

15+ Year Old Account
    The idea of a PTR, especially in the case of a brand new class, is to try out a bunch of things that may or may not make it to live servers. Don't take the changing patch notes as being set in stone. If the nerfs end up with monks really struggling to heal, there's nothing stopping them being cushioned a bit before it goes live.

Monks are extremely potent AND efficient right now. If this ends up bringing us more in line with other classes, then nerfs are justified.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    The idea of a PTR, especially in the case of a brand new class, is to try out a bunch of things that may or may not make it to live servers. Don't take the changing patch notes as being set in stone. If the nerfs end up with monks really struggling to heal, there's nothing stopping them being cushioned a bit before it goes live.

Monks are extremely potent AND efficient right now. If this ends up bringing us more in line with other classes, then nerfs are justified.

Except the issue there, is our lack of raid cool downs. Compare this to Druids, which use leather int, our cooldowns seem like a joke to them. The only one reason why you should have ever brought a monk to a raid, was the massive amount of healing a monk could do. Now if they nerf that to make it in line with the other classes, why the fuck should you even bother bring a monk to a raid?

That being said, it's not even the mana cost increase that I'm upset about. It's the change to rewnewing mist that I feel is 100% totally unjustified. Absolutely NO reasoning for this. Oh it's top our healing spell? Yeah let's go ahead and nerf Healing Rain/ Healing Stream Totem for ya. Let's go ahead and make bubbles totally worthless. That's a great idea. Stupid change is horribly stupid.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

The mana nerf might not be an entirely bad idea. The 25% nerf to pretty much all our AoE heals seems extremely excessive, especially in combination with the other nerfs, but I don't expect those will hit live. If they do, mistweavers will probably be pretty dead this tier. We still have no decent burst-on-demand cooldowns, no raid mitigation cooldowns, still fairly poor tank healing, and with the proposed nerfs we won't have the AoE healing power to make up for it. Our mana is probably too good right now, as is our AoE healing, but other issues need to be fixed before that can be nerfed.

PTR is PTR, though. Not much point in getting upset about it.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Our mana is probably too good right now, as is our AoE healing, but other issues need to be fixed before that can be nerfed.

PTR is PTR, though. Not much point in getting upset about it.
    Our mana is too good mainly because all we do is aoe healing really. Once you kick in SMs for tank healing our mana goes to hell very fast. Sadly, SM is pretty much the primary skill used in PvP and we are just as starved, if not more, than disc priests in PvP atm. I'm fine with an increase in mana cost...to right about everything but SMs.

The sad thing is that this mana increase will hardly solve the problem in that it will just even further promote meleeweaving hybrids where you get all your chi through jab and aoe heal a fuck ton with it. So unless they increase jabs' cost as well it won't reach it's intented goal.

The real point where they need to increase the mana cost to nerf our aoe healing and overall mana is in SCK. I mean I've been seeing MW running full haste builds in 25m heroic because they need the increased chi generation from shortened duration SCK spam.

I only heal in 10man, and Its like my off-off-offspec, so saying my gear was comparable to say, our main pally healer... would be a horrible dirty lie. I was easily pumping out more HPS and sitting @ 90% mana halfway through the fight, pally was sitting @ 30% and we had already had one of the Spriests use Hymn.

Also, this is probably tied to Ascension giving us 15% more mana. (which of course has cascading effects on other things like mana tea.)

All is not lost they did nerf soothing mists mana cost by a ton aka:

The mana cost of Soothing Mist has been reduced by 33%.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    All is not lost they did nerf soothing mists mana cost by a ton aka:

The mana cost of Soothing Mist has been reduced by 33%.
    Well yeah but that's just to allow them to nerf Soothing in a different way, in this case taking away a jump.

Guys, Crit increases Mana Tea returns now, it's still a net mana regeneration increase...

Deleted
    Okay Im not gonna say whether or not the nerf is done right(Thats what the PTR is for), but one thing I can tell you is that nerfing Mistweaver is one of the most justified nerfs in the history of wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're just cancelling out our buffs to mana regen. With crit proccing extra stacks of mana tea and ascension giving 15% more mana return through mana tea, we are going to be getting a lot more mana back.

I'd be extremely surprised if monks, like they are on the ptr right now, makes it to live. The mana increase isn't that big of a problem, you have to be pretty bad to have mana troubles as a monk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syladia View Post
    Well yeah but that's just to allow them to nerf Soothing in a different way, in this case taking away a jump.
    Soothing is the channeled heal..you're confusing it with Renewing

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    They're just cancelling out our buffs to mana regen. With crit proccing extra stacks of mana tea and ascension giving 15% more mana return through mana tea, we are going to be getting a lot more mana back.
    Time for today's edition of this question: "On Live, am I the only one that has excess stacks of mana tea left by the end of a boss fight or are we implying dropping the glyph and chugging normally again?"
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    I only heal in 10man, and Its like my off-off-offspec, so saying my gear was comparable to say, our main pally healer... would be a horrible dirty lie. I was easily pumping out more HPS and sitting @ 90% mana halfway through the fight, pally was sitting @ 30% and we had already had one of the Spriests use Hymn.

Also, this is probably tied to Ascension giving us 15% more mana. (which of course has cascading effects on other things like mana tea.)
    Yah, maybe your pally sucks. In 10 mans, pallys are right behind us in HPS, like inches.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Time for today's edition of this question: "On Live, am I the only one that has excess stacks of mana tea left by the end of a boss fight or are we implying dropping the glyph and chugging normally again?"
    If you have extra stacks left, you're either not managing your drinking cooldown properly or have too much Spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    If you have extra stacks left, you're either not managing your drinking cooldown properly or have too much Spirit.
    That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. If I drink on CD, stay above 85% mana even after using Revival and don't go OoM, then I'm managing my stacks just fine. Or are you referring to the non-glyphed version? Call me crazy, but you can't drink faster than the 10s cooldown allows.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. If I drink on CD, stay above 85% mana even after using Revival and don't go OoM, then I'm managing my stacks just fine. Or are you referring to the non-glyphed version? Call me crazy, but you can't drink faster than the 10s cooldown allows.
    Then you have too much Spirit, exactly like I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Then you have too much Spirit, exactly like I said.
    It is IMPOSSIBLE to have too much spirit as a mistweaver. The more spirit I have the more mana I will be regenerating, allowing me to cast more heals. This principle is especially true, and important, for monks.