Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I too love to solo old content, and i agree that they probably made bosses like Razorgore easier to solo due to new pets dropping there.
    On the other hand, i believe it's safe to assume that this won't extend to every soloable bosses, just to those who drop a new vanity pet.

For example, i cannot think of a way to solo Thorim without bugging the encounter. After all, it's soloable content, why haven't they nerfed it yet?
    Or again, think of Azgalor in the Hyjal Past raid and his 20 seconds instakill debuff. Not to mention Reliquary of Souls.

(As of raid requirements, it is a known bug working just for MC/BWL, maybe related to the fact you get in there via an item/person. If you were to try to enter them from the "original" portal, it'd tell you you need a raid group.)
    As a hunter, and 100% DK(cata and now) you can solo reliquary just for reference. Hunter should be able to do it during stampede duration with a pet. Interrupt 2 spirit shocks (silencing shot, and ???)

Deleted
    Killed him on the ptr after 3 or 4 attempts as moonkin. My idea was to get naked before the pull and then to equipp all my gear so I would be at like 30% hp through the fight. Hp regen seemed to aggro most of the mobs. After 1 channeling was over i just bombed some adds around me, hotted myself thus giving me even more aggro. I guess after 3 MC casts all the eggs were gone and I just killed the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Now if only blizz will remove the immunity to magic damage on the trash mobs, and i'll have a lot of fun in the instance.
    Yeah they kinda suck, nice thing i can go feral. Even auto attacks make like 15-20k
    But a a priest or lets say warlock you can still equip some melee dagger/mace or sword and just melee hit them. I mean even MOP 5man hc weapons have like 2k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I suppose Emps don't heal for nearly as much now then? Even at 85 we needed a raid of no less than five and if they got together they'd heal for 20% of their health in a matter of seconds.
    Heal Brother wasn't changed since classic. It heals for 30k/s, or actually 60k/s if you consider the shared health pool (about 4m), a little less since they take small breaks after each teleport. You simply have to outdps that, which still is not possible for every class and every spec, but for some classes with enough burst damage it is no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post
    As a hunter, and 100% DK(cata and now) you can solo reliquary just for reference. Hunter should be able to do it during stampede duration with a pet. Interrupt 2 spirit shocks (silencing shot, and ???)
    Keep snake trap always on CD so boss has multiple targets to hit, use Dire Beast as much as you can, Stampede to catch your breath, Murder of Crows doesn't retaliate damage, keep Sting up with Chimera Shot, Feign Death makes the boss change target, dispel shield when needed, use Silencing shot to stop the Spirit Shock for a couple seconds, hide behind a pillar at the side of the room to get out of LoS when needed.

Been there done that, but i meant, if they wanted everyone to solo every bosses, they'd have removed such mechanics. I've personally seen a warrior trying to solo the encounter. That, + Second Wind, and it turned into an endless fight with the boss hitting him and him recovering HP while stunned. He had to alt+f4 to get out of there.

10+ Year Old Account
    wtb Cache of Souls

As an enhance shaman I don't think I will be able to kill the twin emps for a while, since my damage is almost half and half magic/physical :< Maybe when I can start doing 60K+ sustained.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    As an enhance shaman I don't think I will be able to kill the twin emps for a while, since my damage is almost half and half magic/physical :< Maybe when I can start doing 60K+ sustained.
    Definately but with a warrior or a caster its a faceroll
    i know cause ive tried it you just blow all your cds at the start and hit the guy that is better for your class like caster against the one that takes magic damage etc

I suppose Emps don't heal for nearly as much now then? Even at 85 we needed a raid of no less than five
    Not even close, I was soloing Emps at 85. You only needed I think 40k DPS to outdo their healing. Not hard at all in the short term with cooldowns.

Razorgore has been soloable for a long time. I solo'd him on my warrior as prot at lvl 85; so have a lot of other warriors and paladins also. check youtube

10+ Year Old Account
    Just before they announced nerfing Razorgore I got the last piece of my judgement set.

I still want to check it to see just how "solo-able" it really will be when the patch hits. Should make things easier for my friend and myself who run Tmog runs weeky across most of the old world raids.

It is soloable with some creativity. For casters, use any pets you can summon (Shadowfiend, Earth Elemental Totem, a second demon for warlocks) and also use two trinkets that summon creatures that do melee attacks. Also, be sure to use a fast attack speed melee weapon.

For anyone that does not have any frost damage abilities, as previously stated, use a lower level weapon with Deathfrost enchanted and a Frost Oil. Neither should be incredibly expensive to get.
    I can freeze him easy enough on my mage (takes a grand total of 2 blizzards, exactly 10 hits as far as I can tell), but I can't do enough hits to shatter. Any tips on what trinkets I can use?

Deleted
    Has anyone attempted C'thun with these changes? Would be nice to know

Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    Has anyone attempted C'thun with these changes? Would be nice to know
    Dont think they changed c'thun.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    After the patch, the first things I'll be attempting is full clears of all these original raids. I attempted C'thun this week and unfortunately he still instakilled me in his stomach.
    You could pull ouro into c'thun's room but that way takes quite a long time.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Dont think they changed c'thun.
    Well thats fairly disappointing...

This thread, from start to finish, is full of rumors and misinformation. Folks, please point yourself to the nearest 5.1 patch notes for the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    This thread, from start to finish, is full of rumors and misinformation. Folks, please point yourself to the nearest 5.1 patch notes for the facts.
    This thread started during the PTR, so yes things change.

Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    What does that mean?

I started this thread when it was first announced that razorgore and viscidus could be soloed

I tried it out on the ptr and came to the conclusion that it was indeed now possible to solo with most classes

The changes have made it to live

Deleted
    So funny that you can now solo Viscidus but not Cthun due to mechanics, what were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    So funny that you can now solo Viscidus but not Cthun due to mechanics, what were they thinking?
    If c'thun dropped a pet im certain that boss wouldve gotten nerfed too