Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    On another note, pures have insane healing nowadays as well. The main difference is that pures can only heal themselves as opposed to hybrids healing anyone.
    The sad thing is: with enh requiring MSW charges to not go oom/have noticable heals, the amount of heals we can throw out on others is so little that our heals are 90% selfheal also. We dont benefit from the ability to heal others all that much really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    The sad thing is: with enh requiring MSW charges to not go oom/have noticable heals, the amount of heals we can throw out on others is so little that our heals are 90% selfheal also. We dont benefit from the ability to heal others all that much really.
    Pretty much this.

Most my heals come from MSW healing and a Glyphed Feral Spirit with Ancestral Guidance and HTT bringing up the rear. If I have to use MSW for damage, healing and CC. I rarely use it on someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    Not really. Many classes have other tools for survivability that Shaman don't have. Shamans (mainly Elemental PoV) defenses mainly come from LHW and water totems.
    That's a separate issue, and I've been saying (particularly in the threads about the totem change) that Elemental is going to be hosed and was already lagging behind on this front.

The healing thing becomes particularly important because it's targetable; if a hybrid can provide near-healer-level healing for a short period (and they basically can right now), then you can run a 3 DPS team in 3s, and if you don't think you can outburst the enemy team, one of your hybrids can off-heal until you get a kill. It gives you a great deal of flexibility. Same thing for 1 heal 2 DPS teams; you can effectively act as a 2 healer team briefly, survive massive burst from cooldowns, and then shift back to "normal" gameplay and secure the win.

Part of that is tactical and should exist, but it's a little TOO strong. To make up values to prove a point, hybrids are currently something like 0.8 of a healer and 1.0 of a DPS, and they want hybrids to be more like 0.5 of a healer.

The issue with Elemental is that if you roll in survivability and such, it's 0.8 of a DPS. So we needed that hybrid flexibility to be competitive, which is why it hurts so much to lose it. But that's a separate issue; Elemental needs buffs in entirely other areas.

If we need better survivability, we need better survivability, not better off-healing. They aren't the same thing, especially as all our off-healing has a cast time and if we're getting focused by anyone with a brain, it's not gonna be usable.

On another note, pures have insane healing nowadays as well. The main difference is that pures can only heal themselves as opposed to hybrids healing anyone.
    And that's the difference; their healing is personal survivability only. Ours is group survivability. It's making hybrids too strong in small comps, which is why it's being nerfed.