Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    20,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post
    1. I just spent my 10 minutes and tried it out. Tried it on Tremor, click-demolished them by hand. Two times, cooldown wasn't reduced. Definantly bugged.
    If it's not working consistently, get some feedback on the forums to help it get fixed. Either way, a bug does not translate to a spec flaw.

    3. During Ascendance, we do autoattacks. Unleashed Fury during Ascendance should proc Static Shock. Bug.
    Still not a bug. Those aren't autoattacks. They're Windlashes. And again; Enhancement DPS is just fine as it is. It's fairly strong, in fact.

    7. Exactly my point, I should be changing my choices. And furthermore, all three options should be close enough, so I will be forced to make a call. Instead of Stone Bulwark (less but longer) or Astral Shift (more but shorter). Nature's Guardian can't compete with two and not interesting enough to force me into a decision between three of them.
    You not liking NG doesn't mean it's flawed. Plenty of Shaman use it, because it's just fine as-is.

    Heck, I use it for most raiding myself, though I swap it out depending on the fight.

    If you have read my original post's last paragraph instead of tunneling the list that I've made, you would have understood that there is no excuse to be left-over for so long without changes, improvements or fixes while we do have certain issues. There is no point to defend Blizzard, because it's frustrating when you see all the attention they are giving to other classes.
    Oh, man, if you thought I was rude before . . .

    This comment right here demonstrates unadulterated bias. We have received a ton of attention and fixes. We haven't been "left-over for so long", unless your time frame is the last month or so. We got a ton of solid feedback and constructive, beneficial changes during the beta, overhauling almost every issue we had during Cataclysm.

    The idea that we aren't getting attention is absolutely, demonstrably wrong. As any perusal of patch notes will show.

    First things first, if it doesn't fit your logic; it's not rubbish, you can't disproof it by saying "facts" all the time and showing none, and you can't simply criticize it in a mordant, degrading manner. If my style of arguement doesn't fit you or if I'm simply wrong, tell me why I'm wrong. Prove it with solid arguements.
    Oranges are worse than apples because you have to peel them first.
    Oranges are worse than bananas because they often have seed you have to spit out.
    Therefore, Oranges are a bad fruit and should be improved.

    That's your argument's logical structure. It doesn't work. If you can replace the terms like this and it doesn't make sense, that's because the underlying logic doesn't make sense.

    So yes, it's rubbish.

    And back to the topic, if you also think Ele PvP could use some love, how come you are aight with Shaman's disappearance for many patch notes?
    Because we haven't been missing. We've gotten a host of hotfixes since launch.


    • Capacitor Totem should benefit from the shaman's +hit bonuses, as expected.
    • Lightning Bolt damage has been increased by approximately 8%. This also applies to Overload Lightning Bolt and Echo of the Elements Lightning Bolt.
    • Players with Elemtental or Restoration specializations no longer suffer pushback when casting Elemental Blast.
    • Unleash Earth no longer generates a taunt effect against enemies that are immune.
    • Shaman Searing Totems will no longer break on Heroic Elegon due to the line of sight restrictions while the energy vortex is active.

    The idea that we haven't been getting any attention or fixes is just flat-out, provably false. We've been getting fixes as issues have come up, and solutions can be put in place.

  2. #22
    Totemic Restoration is indeed bugged - it randomly does not work.
    There does not seem to be a pattern to it.
    Most of the time it works, sometimes it does not.
    Use it, and spend time questing and cancel (right-click totem, use totemic recall, or replace with searing totem) your fire elemental totem 50 times , and you'll see it happen more than a few times.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post
    4. I would like to meet a shaman who loves Capacitor Totem as the way it is now. Blizzard knows many people don't like how it works now, but aight with the idea. I'm not asking for a buff, I'm asking for QoL improvement, which -I think- should be defended by a Shaman community.
    What exactly is the issue with the Capacitor Totem?

    I know a few people don't like the charge time it has before stunning, but it's kind of necessary. Without it, it becomes a renamed Shadowfury, which is dull and wouldn't work as a totem. Having the charge time allows it to be a more "dynamic" spell. You can for instance use Totemic Projection to port it under a target as it explodes, giving you the same effect as a Shadowfury. Or if you like doing big aoe pulls as elemental, you can pull the mobs, summon your totem, elemental blast and what ever else you might need to increase your aoe damage, and by the time your first chain lighting or lava beam lands, your totem will stun, saving you a global when it actually matters.

    Tbh, Capacitor Totem is awesome.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Still not a bug. Those aren't autoattacks. They're Windlashes. And again; Enhancement DPS is just fine as it is. It's fairly strong, in fact.
    As supporting evidence for Endus' claim that it's not a bug, here's GC talking about Wind Lash's classification in the beta class balance analysis thread:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...37?page=18#350

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Wind Lash hits should not count as normal auto attacks, but they should count as melee attacks for the purposes of procs. i.e., if Stormstrike or Lava Lash can proc something, Wind Lash should also be able to.
    With that said...

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    3. Unleash Fury: Windfury lets your autoattacks trigger Static Shock. Windfury attacks are not autoattacks. This is not a bug, it's working as intended, and as the ability is written. Nor is Enhancement DPS suffering, even.
    Windfury attacks actually can trigger static shock during unleashed fury on live, and this behavior is apparently intended (despite not appearing on the tooltip).
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2012-11-04 at 05:38 AM.

  5. #25
    I just wish our sustained damage wasn't so bad(elemental). After ascedance ends it's so terrible, and it feels slow =/

  6. #26
    Mechagnome Aurokk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisia View Post
    What exactly is the issue with the Capacitor Totem?

    Tbh, Capacitor Totem is awesome.

    lol even Remorseless Winter is 10x better than capacitor.

  7. #27
    I'm agree we're fine at the moment and if blizz announces changes it will more likely be nerfs.

    But there are also a few changes i would like to see on enh shaman.
    1. More love for elemental blast. Our 90 talents sim very close to each others. Elemental blast is a bit weaker for enhance and will be less interesting with better gear (static proc). I think it deserves to be on par with other talents. It 's a great improvement to our gameplay and I would like to take it without saying myself i'm less competitive on a dps point of view.

    2. The 4part pvp bonus seems to work better with unleashed fury.

    (sorry for my crap english, if you don't understand my post don't worry it's not because that you're drunk)

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The paladin 4-piece just reduces the cooldown on one spell by 2 seconds. The Shaman 4-piece improves the uptime on a significant buff to our healing, giving us less need to roll Riptides to maintain it. If you're glyphing Riptide, it's likely useless, but otherwise, it's at least as good if not better than the Paladin 4-piece.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they change the resto 4 piece to increase haste by 5% for (G)HW/ crit for HS while tidal waves is up? I vaguely remember it being mentioned in one set of ptr notes/hotfixes.

    If so, it's just a solid throughput increase bonus.
    Last edited by Blindlad; 2012-11-04 at 10:34 AM.
    Healing with different classes since Vanilla
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Higgs/advanced

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisia View Post
    I know a few people don't like the charge time it has before stunning, but it's kind of necessary. Without it, it becomes a renamed Shadowfury, which is dull and wouldn't work as a totem. Having the charge time allows it to be a more "dynamic" spell. You can for instance use Totemic Projection to port it under a target as it explodes, giving you the same effect as a Shadowfury. Or if you like doing big aoe pulls as elemental, you can pull the mobs, summon your totem, elemental blast and what ever else you might need to increase your aoe damage, and by the time your first chain lighting or lava beam lands, your totem will stun, saving you a global when it actually matters.
    -Sooo CPT needs a charging time, because it would be like Shadowfury otherwise (a 100% flawless spell btw), which apparently is bad. W/O TP though, CPT would be more like a tauren's Thunderstomp, just without the short cast time (so fail @ comparison).
    -It would be dull and not working as a totem? Who said our stun had to be a stun to begin with? Why does a stun have to be tied to a totem? Dull as in competitive maybe?
    -It is dynamic because you can use it with TP, giving it the same effect as Shadowfury, which you yourself said would be dull? Kinda contradictory on your part, isn't it?
    -So instead of instantly throwing an aoe stun into apporaching enemies, or instantly aoe stunning them as they have reached you (similar effect to a frost nova), you need to set it up? Not seeing that as a big advantage.

    Tbh, CPT to me looks like the weakest stun, only rivaled by the new warlock's spell Cataclysm (because failing at designing one ability encourages making another just as dumb, right?), though warlocks have Felguard stuns and Shadowfury at least. And I guess Remorseless Winter could be better, though I still think it is easier to make it work then CPT.

    From what people say, I doesn't appear that shamans are in need of immiment changes pve-wise (except for enh specifically maybe a more comfortable way of aoe-ing maybe), but pvp-wise there's much that could be better (imo). I am kinda underwhelmed to see not a single patch change for enh at this part. Apparantly enh/shaman pvp isn't on blizzard's radar at all.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2012-11-04 at 11:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    About RNG & ele shamans, Bink shines his light on it in this blog post.
    The guy is good at DPS'ing, but he has got some weird views on what he wants changed. Like I remember a blog where he wanted the CD on shock removed for ele.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisia View Post
    What exactly is the issue with the Capacitor Totem?

    I know a few people don't like the charge time it has before stunning, but it's kind of necessary. Without it, it becomes a renamed Shadowfury, which is dull and wouldn't work as a totem. Having the charge time allows it to be a more "dynamic" spell. You can for instance use Totemic Projection to port it under a target as it explodes, giving you the same effect as a Shadowfury. Or if you like doing big aoe pulls as elemental, you can pull the mobs, summon your totem, elemental blast and what ever else you might need to increase your aoe damage, and by the time your first chain lighting or lava beam lands, your totem will stun, saving you a global when it actually matters.

    Tbh, Capacitor Totem is awesome.
    Capacitor Totem needs a Major Glyph, A talent (Projection) and perfect timing to become an Inferior Shadowfury

    Tbh, Capacitor Totem is Garbage
    (Talking about PvP and not mindless "Mobs")

  12. #32
    I'm actually very happy with enh pve atm. I don't mind some complexity in my aoe but I think there is just one or two few gcds. Maybe if they just buffed the damage of fire nova and removed magma totem that would solve some of the issues with enhance aoe.

  13. #33
    capacitor totem needs a glyph like this:

    Glyph of Capacitor totem, major glyph
    After placing Capacitor totem, activate the skill again to trigger its stun. The stun duration mirrors the amount of time the totem has charged for.
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

    RETH RETH RETH!

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Glyph of Capacitor totem, major glyph
    After placing Capacitor totem, activate the skill again to trigger its stun. The stun duration mirrors the amount of time the totem has charged for.
    That, sir, would be awesome.

  15. #35
    Remote controlled, that'd be awesome. Maybe make it invisible also, like a hunter's trap.
    Capacitor Totem needs two Major Glyphs, A talent (Projection) and perfect timing to become an Inferior Shadowfury
    5% hp glyph plus reduced charge time glyph. But yeah, that's CPT in a nutshell.

    Well, if they changed TP to "after used, your next used totem can be placed at the designated location", they could reduce the base charging time down to 2-3 seconds, makind it instant-1 seconds with the glyph added. It'd still need both a glyph AND a talent, as well as two gcds (one if TP didn't trigger one) to use it, and it would still have a higher cooldown, but at least "our Shadowfury" would be as comfortable to use like a warlocks, with longer stun duration.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2012-11-04 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

  16. #36
    Windfury weapon needs a buff, its weaker than ever

  17. #37
    What is frustrating with capacitor totem is that whenever you want to use it with totemic projection, you always tend to be stunned or something, making it explode without doing anything useful, and Ascendance, always get cced which is ok, but it feels like everyone else is unstoppable when they use their cds, since we really dont have any stuns exept Capacitor totem. our frost shock roots, but what good is that when you can never catch up to them because you are slowed 24/7.

  18. #38
    I noticed a silly bug in the last 2-3 days. Whenever I'm in Ghost Wolf and I want to mount up, the following happens: the mount cast starts, I exit Ghost Wolf form, then the cast cancels. I have to cast the mount again, to mount up. If I manually cancel the Ghost Wolf form before mounting, then of course this is not happening. Did anyone else notice this?

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by cenzor View Post
    I noticed a silly bug in the last 2-3 days. Whenever I'm in Ghost Wolf and I want to mount up, the following happens: the mount cast starts, I exit Ghost Wolf form, then the cast cancels. I have to cast the mount again, to mount up. If I manually cancel the Ghost Wolf form before mounting, then of course this is not happening. Did anyone else notice this?
    i got the same bug. didnt really try to find out what made it happen, but since i always run in ghostwolf where i cant mount, and it have happened when in bg when im going out at the start to mount, and the city in vale etc.

  20. #40
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by Adril View Post
    i got the same bug. didnt really try to find out what made it happen, but since i always run in ghostwolf where i cant mount, and it have happened when in bg when im going out at the start to mount, and the city in vale etc.
    This is a known bug; discussion here.

    In terms of PvE, I'd agree that shaman are in a decent spot.
    Elem has better survivability in PvP than it had in Cata, but I totally agree, we're in need of some defensive boost. Personally, I think a passive damage reduction or adapting Shamanistic Rage for Elem will be the way to go. For an Elem version of Shamanistic Rage, changing the "cost no mana" portion so that Thunderstorm and Rolling Thunder procs give 1.5x or 2x their normal mana returns for the duration would be reasonable, although removing the mana portion altogether is probably sufficient.

    If the patch notes simply said "Shaman: No changes." The same goes for all the other classes. When 3 or fewer classes are getting changes, the full list doesn't need to be there, but otherwise, I'd feel better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •