Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadow Ravens 2.0

I saw some tweet of GC saying the orbs and the ravens should persist for 60 sec. How come the ravens still dissapear afther 3 seconds?
    I was realy happy when i saw this glyph but now i dont even use cus i dont even see them.. well hardly ( settings on full btw)

Any one knows more on this?
    If not any one able to let GC know about this?

thanks

They most likely just scrapped the idea.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okey well thats dissapointing!

15+ Year Old Account
    Very disappointing indeed. I hardly ever notice the ravens
    Shadowpriest & Warlock

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzky View Post
    Very disappointing indeed. I hardly ever notice the ravens
    Yea, the orbs are ten times cooler! They pop out of the ground with shadow effect, while the ravens just fly around u for 2.5 sec.. lol

A GM told me a couple of days ago that "the fix is almost ready" as they should be visible for 60 seconds like the orbs.

Obviously that kind of answer can be also read as a 'standard excuse' or something...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    A GM told me a couple of days ago that "the fix is almost ready" as they should be visible for 60 seconds like the orbs.

Obviously that kind of answer can be also read as a 'standard excuse' or something...
    Lets assume ur not trolling i think thats kinda intresting. I dearly hope they will fix this and makes these ravens also look cooler then they are right now..

Quote Originally Posted by Appel
    Lets assume ur not trolling i think thats kinda intresting. I dearly hope they will fix this and makes these ravens also look cooler then they are right now..
    Why sould I be trolling? Sure, I have no proof because I didn't do a screenshot of the conversation, but I have no interest in giving false informations. :P

That said, I don't expect an imminent fix even if that GM told me so. It apperead like a routine answer, but let's hope for a solution...

OT - During the Relic of Yu'Lon proc, not only our dark archangel wings become white, but our shadow ravens also become holy doves.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why sould I be trolling? Sure, I have no proof because I didn't do a screenshot of the conversation, but I have no interest in giving false informations. :P

That said, I don't expect an imminent fix even if that GM told me so. It apperead like a routine answer, but let's hope for a solution...

OT - During the Relic of Yu'Lon proc, not only our dark archangel wings become white, but our shadow ravens also become holy doves.
    ehe np sorry if it came out wrong! Somehow this news feels exciting and ur right about just a routine answer i just hope we will get a clear answer from blizz soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to seem them fix this. I was very excited at the introduction of this glyph and I was severely underwhelmed when I actually saw what it did.

I had to contact a GM for another reason, but I used that opportunity to ask again about the Shadow Ravens. Here's the screenshot of the conversation – it's italian, but I rewrote that in english (or use google translate if you don't trust me :P).

TL;DR – GM confirms that the short duration is not intended, it's a bug and they are working on it.

Me - “I wanted to know, is it intentional that the ravens only last a couple of seconds? As far as I know it's a bug that sould be fixed, but on the forums it's said that it may be intentional or that it will not be fixed for various reasons”
    GM - “I can confirm that it's not intentional.”
    GM - “The bug department is investigating the problem currently.”
    Me - “So we can expect that it will soon be fixed?”
    GM - “Hopefully yes.”

As I suspected, this time there were no 'promises' about an imminent fix. But at least he confirmed that it's being worked on.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had to contact a GM for another reason, but I used that opportunity to ask again about the Shadow Ravens. Here's the screenshot of the conversation – it's italian, but I rewrote that in english (or use google translate if you don't trust me :P).

TL;DR – GM confirms that the short duration is not intended, it's a bug and they are working on it.

Me - “I wanted to know, is it intentional that the ravens only last a couple of seconds? As far as I know it's a bug that sould be fixed, but on the forums it's said that it may be intentional or that it will not be fixed for various reasons”
    GM - “I can confirm that it's not intentional.”
    GM - “The bug department is investigating the problem currently.”
    Me - “So we can expect that it will soon be fixed?”
    GM - “Hopefully yes.”

As I suspected, this time there were no 'promises' about an imminent fix. But at least he confirmed that it's being worked on.
    I want to thank you (and i think loads a players who play a priest) for this message, i have been looking for this type of anwser from a source we can trust since beta!

cheers

Nice to hear, I always wanted shadow ravens in wrath and was excited to see it in pandaria...my excitement quickly slipped away almost as quick as their duration lol.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Nice to hear, I always wanted shadow ravens in wrath and was excited to see it in pandaria...my excitement quickly slipped away almost as quick as their duration lol.
    haha, i lol'd

But yea, hope we will see it as a hotfix but probably we will either see a fix in 5.1(hopefully) or later on.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have send a message to ghostcrawlers twitter on a friends account i dont have twitter myself. Hope he will awnser it.

I dont understand why they don't make shadow orbs work like lightning orb charges on Lightning Shield, showing the proper amount of orbs and all. When they put this mechanic in it was always two orbs, for 3 seconds, it irritated me a ton.

This was fixed in 5.1 and now properly works.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Yeah I noticed it in LFR last night and put my glyph back.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    This was fixed in 5.1 and now properly works.
    OH HAPPY FREAKING DAY

Though I find lately I don't notice the animation at all anymore

Deleted
    Is it me or are the ravens higher up then the b4 patch when i mind blast i get 2 sets of ravens 1 set where they allways were that disapear then another set up higher that dont disapear for a minute