1. #1

    Heroics or Finish HoF?

    We finally finished clearing all of Mogu'shan Vaults normal by killing Elegon in three pulls, one shotting Will of the Emperor's (way too easy) and got 1 boss down in Heart of Fear before raid time expired. We are on a pretty tight schedule due to only raiding 2 days a week. Should we try clearing all of Heart of Fear on Normal first or should we jump into MSV Heroics next week? Torn on what we should do with our limited time and looking for advice. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by skmage; 2012-11-03 at 04:29 PM.

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Romulan1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Doncaster, SY
    Posts
    489
    MSV Heroics? Don't they give better ilvl?
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

  3. #3
    That is completely up to what your guild feels more comfortable with, MSV heroics are yes higher ilvl than HoF reg but you can get tier gear from HoF which in the long term is better than a 6 ilvl boost on gear for fights that are the same difficulty as reg HoF

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconess View Post
    which in the long term is better than a 6 ilvl boost on gear for fights that are the same difficulty as reg HoF
    So Heroic MGV is equal to Normal HoF as far as difficulty goes?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by skmage View Post
    So Heroic MGV is equal to Normal HoF as far as difficulty goes?
    Did you honestly interrupt what he said that way? Read it again. Actually screw it, just do normal modes. They are made for you.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Did you honestly interrupt what he said that way? Read it again. Actually screw it, just do normal modes. They are made for you.
    little crabby are we? also learn to spell *interpret

  7. #7
    Likely you'll spend a day at least wiping to Stone Guards, where as the rest of HoF isn't really that difficult.

  8. #8
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    181
    HoF normals are easier then MSV heroics so go for it first take some tier pieces and then go for msv heroics later

  9. #9
    My guild is in a similar situation but we raid 4 days for 3.5 hours instead of 2 days, and we have failed on Vizier, multiple 3% wipes and 27 overall attempts, and our mage officer who could not make our Monday raid managed to PUG it after raid and downed him. My GM has already decided to try H Stoneguard/Feng/Elegon but I am curious if you think we'd be banging our heads on a wall - the mage said healers being undergeared for Vizier or just not used to the fight may be the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    My guild is in a similar situation but we raid 4 days for 3.5 hours instead of 2 days, and we have failed on Vizier, multiple 3% wipes and 27 overall attempts, and our mage officer who could not make our Monday raid managed to PUG it after raid and downed him. My GM has already decided to try H Stoneguard/Feng/Elegon but I am curious if you think we'd be banging our heads on a wall - the mage said healers being undergeared for Vizier or just not used to the fight may be the issue.
    We downed Vizier in 9 attempts. Healing wasn't so much of an issue....and none of our Healers are "super geared". More like people had to learn to dodge rings. After everyone managed that, we easily downed him. Make sure you are doubling up your Healing CD's every time you stand under the cones for Force and Verve. Hopefully you guys get it soon!

    Edit - Oh and we 3 Healed it and still beat the enrage by a good 20-30sec.
    Last edited by skmage; 2012-11-03 at 07:33 PM.

  11. #11
    I think very few people in my raid did Atramedes when he was new/relevant, so that could be part of the issue. Any gear from HoF LFR and experience on the fight should help too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  12. #12
    There is a thread where people have been voting in a survey on the difficulty of bosses here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...10m-(11-01-12)


    To answer your question directly, working on Blade Lord is definitely your next best option. People agree he's no harder than Vizier. After that though it becomes more of a judgement call based on the strength of your raid.

    If your raid feels like they really have the normal mode Stone Guard strat down (especially the tanks), then heroic Stone Guard is probably your next best bet after Blade Lord. Heroic Stone Guard just has a lot more damage on the tanks and things like cobalt mines can one shot dps if they trigger them, other than that it's basically the same as normal from what I remember. Furthermore, it's not a dps check boss at all; if you are lighting up a ton of floor tiles (like you should be) then you can have like 2 dps die and still kill it.

    Garalon may or may not be a dps check boss now... I'm not even sure what the current enrage timer is. The main thing on that boss will probably just be learning how to handle it. If you have a monk healer and a rogue on your team, then this boss will probably not be that bad. If you lack cleaves then the dps check might be a little bit harder, and if you lack a mistweaver monk the healers might have a slightly harder time (there's a lot of moving around in this fight, melee running around attacking legs, etc).

    Heroic Feng is easier than heroic Stone Guard according to people in the survey and I can't really say they're wrong. He's pretty dang easy as far as heroics go. The only possible tricky part is you need decent AoE to deal with the shadow spirits.

  13. #13
    What I imagine my guild is going to do is clear HoF normal first, then if we clear it before the next raid is released we'll start working on MSV Heroic. If the 3rd raid comes out before we clear HoF normal we'll clear the new one first on Normal too and proceed doing heroic in the same order. I feel that we should have already been halfway through heroic in MSV if only we didn't have such a unstable healer setup.

  14. #14
    Garalon is actually a major pain if you don't have the right comp. Other than that, it's not that bad.

    Also, bragging about downing Elegon in three attempts and one shotting Will in normal mode is...kind of lame.

  15. #15
    I'd say heart of fear/terrace is the next step, after you clear everything, mogushan should be what you do next... heart of fear has better loot than reg mogushan, has tier, and sha-touched weapons for the very-soon-to-come legendary gems

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •