Reassureance on GPU temps, got new screen etc.

Well dad recently got a new computer screen since his samsung syncmasrer 1920x1080p started to constantly flicker etc and the only way to fix it was with a bang on the back, it drastically got worse and he wouldn't return it, anyway he got a new screen, gave me the syncmaster and i managed to fix it, i am now using the screen in replace of my old 1440x900 resolution screen.

I'm running both screens through my computer now, running wow on 1080p ultra on the samsung 1920x1080 and the other screen 1440x900 for youtube and forums.

Anyway i expected temps to rise and such, however i just want some reassureance that everything is fine.

Comp specs;
    - Mobo pz877 lx (or something, this isnt as important however if needed i will get the full name)
    - CPU I5 3570k
    - PSU Corsair 750tx
    - GPU Xfx 6770 HD (ANYONE know the max temps of this?)
    - 8gb ddr3 1333 ram

----
    Was soloing stormscout on my 85 alt, and noticed where the 2nd boss is, my GPU was at 71C and 54% Fan speed (normally 50 max but ofc 2 screens) anyway i got worried and thought about what it would be like in a raid, i did a lfr and managed 40-60fps on 65C so i'm assuming it was just the outdoor environment, however 71C still worrys me, as it could raise a little more and reach something like 75C?

What is the safe temp / max temp of my GPU? (i tried googling it)
    Also a bit of a different question, i'm thinking of buying 16/32gb 1600 ram, i run 8gb 1333 atm, is the 1600 a big difference? BEFORE ANYONE says how i will not need as much ram, i know, i'm simply doing it because my mobo supports 32gb and ram is fairly cheap, i also do a bit of rendering etc, and i know i still will not need 32gb, but please just answer the question regarding the difference between the 1333 and 1600 ^^ cheers.

80*c is when you really need to take action, or the card will start to cut performance because it's too hot.

I believe the chips have a max thermal temperature of around 100-110*c but you still wouldn't really want to trash your chips by going to 80 or more.

Not knowing anything about your setup but you could try adding fans to your case, opening a window for some airflow, instead of kicking the air up in the room.

You might see 1-2% difference in 1333MHz and 1600MHz RAM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    I had similar concerns when moving from a duel screen display to a 3+1 surround. I was getting around 55 degrees at idle after installing the new set up after having 40 degrees previously. I'm not a massive expert but i am guessing the card is just running hotter due to the extra rendering on the extra screens.

As Yohassakura says anything above 80 is where it becomes a bit of a concern and what i did was adjust my fans speed curve using EVGA precision (Nvidia card)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrina View Post
    I had similar concerns when moving from a duel screen display to a 3+1 surround. I was getting around 55 degrees at idle after installing the new set up after having 40 degrees previously. I'm not a massive expert but i am guessing the card is just running hotter due to the extra rendering on the extra screens.

As Yohassakura says anything above 80 is where it becomes a bit of a concern and what i did was adjust my fans speed curve using EVGA precision (Nvidia card)

iirc when using multiple monitors, GPU clock speed doesnt throttle, even though they dont have load, they run 100% all teh time, increasing temps significantly, the way around this is to run a single GPU per monitor, but that has the effect of increasing case temps, which drives gpu temp up anyway

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Easy OP, I run that card, I use 3 screens in eyefinity setup, it's NO SWEAT for that card. As long as you use a can of compressed air to blow dust out of shit once in a while and have somewhat decent airflow in the computer (read as no you don't need 10 fans, just a couple, and to make sure your wires are bundled to not restrict airflow)
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.