Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Never had a lock manage to cast a CB against me. Then again I am an Enhance shaman, and am usually dead before they finish channeling

All kidding aside the locks dead before I manage to get off my first windfury. Locks are fine.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that as an enhance shaman you can interrupt Chaos Bolt, right?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

You do know that Warlocks can fake cast, have multiple fears that even after diminished returns net you enough time to cast Chaos Bolt, and have pets that silence you enough to get the cast off against casters?

No one seems to be owning up to their classes imbalance this season. Warrs saying they're easily controlled, BM Hunters saying their damage is healable and Warlocks now saying a 3s cast that does almost 50% of your HP isn't OP.

sighl...

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    However having said that it is easy to counter Chaos Bolt because you first need to build embers (which in pvp is kind of slow) and more important the cast takes 3 secs unbuffed.
    destro has 1 ember at all times no ramp up try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Axola View Post
    Gotta love all those people "OMG I GOT HIT THAT MUCH, AND I HAVE SO MUCH RESILIENCE!()%(#%#"%!!!oneone1"
    Pvp power would like to say hello.
    Yes! Yes! Yes! All the crying over gettin hit with 150k chaos bolts when Destro lock damage sucks otherwise. Plus the time to ramp up the C.bolt takes much also. Oh wait here it is: "I went into a bg and couldn't kill a holy pally 1v1". There is one post I know of about this from a BM hunter and hopefully this one or other gets closed for multiple posts.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    You do know that Warlocks can fake cast, have multiple fears that even after diminished returns net you enough time to cast Chaos Bolt, and have pets that silence you enough to get the cast off against casters?

No one seems to be owning up to their classes imbalance this season. Warrs saying they're easily controlled, BM Hunters saying their damage is healable and Warlocks now saying a 3s cast that does almost 50% of your HP isn't OP.

sighl...
    Eh...a mage and/or warrior can controll a Warlock easily, even if you fake cast they can just keep on controlling you while they kick your ass, so what if we can fake-cast? all casters can fake cast, doesnt really help when there are multiple silence/stun/interrupts.

And in a legitimate PvP enviroment i dont se how you would be able to se the big numbers OP posted (181k). In Arenas everyone has enough PvP stats and there is no +damage taken, so dont se how anoyne can legitimatly say they got hit for 181k. Besides, as i posted before, any decent team just stops a Warlocks CB cast in one way or another its not hard when its a 3sec cast.
    Last edited by Miothan; 2012-11-04 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    so many bads.

i'd trade CB for frostbomb equivalent spell mechanics any day of the week.

you guys pick odd things to whine about.

ps; locks are NOT the droids you're looking for.
    Agree. Give me the mobiltiy and cc of say a fire mage and you can have my damn Chaos Bolt crit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post

sighl...
    I know right!!! God forbid a player actually used a cc/stun ability to set up his big damage ability. So basically you want when you are feared and a warlock "thinks" about casting a chaos bolt for the fear to break automatically so you can interrupt..huh??

Deleted
    How many people are playing pvp casually? How many people are playing BGs and arenas only for cap? I'll tell you how many, A LOT. Stop thinking that if you play above 2k rating you are the special snowflake and Blizzard will only cater to you. Newsflash - you are the minority and the minority doesn't bring as much money as the majority duh... Arguments of the type - you haven't played serious pvp, so you don't know anything are total bull. Chaos Bolt hits waaaay too hard and deserves a nerf, that's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneith View Post
    Ok so a lot of you have blown this way out of proportion. I don't claim to be an elitist , I don't have loads of addons that do everything for me, I'm just an average player. A lot of you have commented on things that are way off topic. This isn't about how I should have stopped it or any of that. It is about the one spell by one class and how much it hits for. I could have been any other class taking the hit and it would have been irrelevant. For all of you to go on like it is going to be stopped every time is just ridiculous.

I'm going to continue to PvP and try and build my skills and gear over time. Sadly average players will be left behind. But as long as I keep topping the healing tables I think I am doing my job.

That's the thing though, it doesn't matter what class or spec you are. You have tools that you should be using for abilities that hit that hard, just like if you get deeped in the open. You have the tools you just NEED to use them. Pvp is balanced around that. You should not be able to just stand there and simply heal through this type of burst. Which is dependent on set up time or cds and in this case both.. You counter them with other abilities.

You're complaining about a single ability but you have to look at the bigger picture. I could say bubble is over powered. But there are abilities that counter that. What if you're that warlock that got cc'd for 20 seconds straight while you had cds up? How about the fact that a mage can use 1 gcd and remove the warlocks ability to burst.(at least until 5.1) What about that rogue or dk that was immune? That warrior that spell reflected it? How about you simply let it go through on you and just divine protectioned + devo'd. Now he has nothing left to burst with and you can full heal and still have bubble. NOW add you doing this while he's on another target. If he gets a hit that people did not mitigate either for themselves or their teammate the warlock deserves to see that damage.

All that being said, I'd be happy if they reduced CB dmg and increased incinerate/immolate dmg. I'd like them to do the same for all classes, especially ret. Reduce burst and buff sustained.

Also for the guy who said stacking crit for cb was pointless, the more crit you have the harder it hits for.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-11-04 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Agree. Give me the mobiltiy and cc of say a fire mage and you can have my damn Chaos Bolt crit.
    You mean a 10 second cd 8 second CC that can put someone in a terrible position?

Honestly you're not helping. Yes, Chaos bolt in the current style of game just hits too hard. When going vs Warlock Rdruid Mage, you simply can't do ANYTHING when they decide to burst if they're anything beyond suck. It's not hard to coordinate Sheep+Fear+Clone>Pyropyropyropyropyro with Chaos bolt, or Dfreeze+Fbomb>Fbolt+FFB. The counter to this, of course, is warriors just randomly tossing around 200k crit heroic strikes, but I digress.

Pvp is fucked in its current state. Warlocks aren't bad, they aren't OP, just chaos bolt is. Comps are built ENTIRELY around 1 spell are bad game design. Buff sustained damage of Lock, Nerf chaos bolt by like 50% and relocate that damage in Incinerate, Immolate, and Conflag. 90k Crit with heavy setup and easily counterable is fine. 400k, is not.
    (Taken from Arena Junkies) I don't really care teh scenario, no ability should EVER under ANY situation one-shot an equal leveled character. To be fair, Hunters, Warriors, Mages, Warlocks, Spriests, Ret pallys are all pretty fucked up right now. Hybrid healing is FAR too powerful(ret pallies are often mistaken as real healers when looking at the score board lol), Warriors can outright 1shot anyone regardless of gear with very little setup and even less of a warning, Mages Frost bomb and Warlocks Chaos bolt are fine in themselves - if these spells were on Ele shammy I'd call it fair - but with all of the other things they bring..are just too powerful. Fire mage..well fuck them - seriously who thought Shatter on a FIRE MAGE was a good idea? And Deep freeze too? WAT?!

Either they need to buff roughly half the classes to be up with the other half, or they need to nerf half of the specs to be down with the rest. The current system has very VERY clear tiers of pvpers, and they're so painful that you know whether you win or lose if you're not playing FOTM, before the game even starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't let the lock cast the bolt? I've won a good amount of my arena games when paired with my lock buddy and the targets of the CB don't do anything to stop my friend or help themselves avoid it, thus letting the CB go off and causing a good amount of damage (if not securing a kill). LoS, stuns, interrupts, disorients, silences, fears. Almost every class is capable of performing several of those ways of stopping a warlock from casting CB, it basically comes down to targets or their teammates being lazy and not paying attention.

Wanna know the perfect secret to stopping CB? Sit the lock. Easy as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems the only people disagreeing with the OP on this forum, are Destro locks themselves. And they seem pretty upset about it too, I think they know they'll likely be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    How many people are playing pvp casually? How many people are playing BGs and arenas only for cap? I'll tell you how many, A LOT. Stop thinking that if you play above 2k rating you are the special snowflake and Blizzard will only cater to you. Newsflash - you are the minority and the minority doesn't bring as much money as the majority duh... Arguments of the type - you haven't played serious pvp, so you don't know anything are total bull. Chaos Bolt hits waaaay too hard and deserves a nerf, that's the truth.
    I find it strange that there is so much crying about CB, then Mages do more damage with their burst, just spread over 3 GCD's, and they can do way more than a Warlock O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Don't let the lock cast the bolt? I've won a good amount of my arena games when paired with my lock buddy and the targets of the CB don't do anything to stop my friend or help themselves avoid it, thus letting the CB go off and causing a good amount of damage (if not securing a kill). LoS, stuns, interrupts, disorients, silences, fears. Almost every class is capable of performing several of those ways of stopping a warlock from casting CB, it basically comes down to targets or their teammates being lazy and not paying attention.

Wanna know the perfect secret to stopping CB? Sit the lock. Easy as that.
    Fights 6 minutes in, All trinkets rae on CD both sides. Druid NS clones your healer - Warlock insta-fears dps 1, Mage PoM Polys your other dps. Frost bombs on the poly target, Deepfreeze + frost bomb goes off with a frost bolt+ffb incomming, Chaos boltgoing to hit at the same time. Easy win. Practically impossible to counter. All instant cast CCs, Over 600k damage in 1 gcd on 60% resil target. Totally fair.

This is just one situation. They can do this every 30 seconds just with hardcast clone & poly. You can't really call this 'fair'.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Fights 6 minutes in, All trinkets rae on CD both sides. Druid NS clones your healer - Warlock insta-fears dps 1, Mage PoM Polys your other dps. Frost bombs on the poly target, Deepfreeze + frost bomb goes off with a frost bolt+ffb incomming, Chaos boltgoing to hit at the same time. Easy win. Practically impossible to counter. All instant cast CCs, Over 600k damage in 1 gcd on 60% resil target. Totally fair.

This is just one situation. They can do this every 30 seconds just with hardcast clone & poly. You can't really call this 'fair'.
    LOL!! Your are giving an example of a well coordinated, well played team of mage/lock/druid. If they set you up for that than its GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    LOL!! Your are giving an example of a well coordinated, well played team of mage/lock/druid. If they set you up for that than its GG.
    ...That's well played & well coordinated? Landing 3 ccs at the same time = Glad level playstyle..? Literally that's juts saying "Okay CC in 3..2....1.." BOOm entire teams CCed, and you win. Even ignoring how little coordination this takes, assuming this was best gamers in the world ONLY, the fact that they can setup basically for a free kill every 30 seconds vs any team is stupid. You only have 1 trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    You do know that as an enhance shaman you can interrupt Chaos Bolt, right?
    You do know you can read my entire post, right?
    RETH

As a frost dk, I regularly obliterate in excess of 100k. Can't be interrupted and has no setup time. Been killed by warriors with good gear in about 5 seconds too :/

It may be annoying to bg with these damage #'s, but just say 'i presently struggle with...' and look for ways to counter those things. Always remember that classes were designed with strengths and weaknesses and are not meant to be balanced in 1 vs 1 situations

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait until you get crit for over 350k with heroic strike, or over 200k star surges (when a moonkin just enters eclipse with all CDs up). These games were in an arena and my partner was a shaman with 57% resilience.

People always complain about Warlocks doing "too much damage" but they only notice that because it's a single, large hit that does alot of damage; they seem unable to comprehend that the rest of the warlock's damage is pretty meager and they talk as if Warlocks can spam Chaos Bolts alligned with half a dozen procs 24/7. Other classes can do equal or MORE overall damage in the same amount of time but nobody bitches about that because it's in smaller and more numerous seperate attacks.

People only perceive Warlock's damage as being high because of that single large hit, when other classes can do the same amount of damage in 3-4 seperate hits over the same amount of time. If anything Warlocks have it harder with lengthy build-up and cast times and being focused into a single attack it's easy to nullify, which utterly gimps the warlock - If you time a Cloak of Shadows, Deterrence, Spell Reflect, Grounding Totem, Anti-magic Shield, Divine Shield, Ice Block or whatever well and block a single Mage spell it means nothing. If you use it on a Chaos Bolt the Warlock is fucked and virtually helpless.

No other class has such an immense ramp up time followed by such harsh potental punishments.

Most of the Time Chaos Bolt does less than 70k anyway.