Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Not about warlocks in general, but if all you do is look at raidframes in pvp, you really need to change that. You're gimping yourself. Furthermore, stacking crit for CB is pointless, CB always crits anyway.

I agree CB is over the top in random bgs, cause realistically it's hard to interrupt every single lock there. Nonetheless, it's really not hard to walk along with that lock as holydin and rebuke it.
    Additional Crit increases damage of CB, /facepalm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    People always complain about Warlocks doing "too much damage" but they only notice that because it's a single, large hit that does alot of damage; they seem unable to comprehend that the rest of the warlock's damage is pretty meager and they talk as if Warlocks can spam Chaos Bolts alligned with half a dozen procs 24/7. Other classes can do equal or MORE overall damage in the same amount of time but nobody bitches about that because it's in smaller and more numerous seperate attacks.

People only perceive Warlock's damage as being high because of that single large hit, when other classes can do the same amount of damage in 3-4 seperate hits over the same amount of time. If anything Warlocks have it harder with lengthy build-up and cast times and being focused into a single attack it's easy to nullify, which utterly gimps the warlock - If you time a Cloak of Shadows, Deterrence, Spell Reflect, Grounding Totem, Anti-magic Shield, Divine Shield, Ice Block or whatever well and block a single Mage spell it means nothing. If you use it on a Chaos Bolt the Warlock is fucked and virtually helpless.

No other class has such an immense ramp up time followed by such harsh potental punishments.

Most of the Time Chaos Bolt does less than 70k anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I wanna see the warlock defensive comment on this pic.
    "If you didnt interuptz it you dezerve to die!!!11!

I'd like to see someone avoid Chaos Bolts when theres double warlock on the enemy RBG team and you're struggling to keep your FC alive as frost bomb/double Chaos Bolt brings your FC from 100-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneith View Post
    I've pretty much worked my butt off to get every piece of PvP gear available for honor minus my neck piece, and still using 4 of the crafted pieces (they're next for replacement). I have 58.39% resilience and 25.99% power. I'm a holy paladin.

This evening while PvPing, I was hit for a 181k crit chaos bolt [...Chaos Bolt hit You 125549 Shadow. (56448 Overkill) (Critical)]. How does this happen? Seems a little unfair to me and I'm sure its happened to others. I have a good screenshot of my character window and combat log together if anyone wants to see it. Was I unlucky? Has my gear grind been pointless? Or is there an exploit for chaos bolt?

It seems to be the same story every season, the melee can wail on me 'till the cows come home but casters tear you apart.

Anyhow, I want to keep this as whine free as possible. Any suggestions, helpful feedback and constructive opinions are welcome.
    first of all no you dont have 58% resi assuming decent gear warlock with 25% pvp power that leave you with 33% resi

all cds popped 3sec cast before haste only 181k crit aka 90.5k hit isnt that much at all
    you can stop being bad and either interupt it if you blood elf stun him with hammer,bubble,los,repentence,blind

aka stopbeing bad and crying for nerfs when warrior and hunters hit much more with instants and lets add dk as well
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Temple of Kotmogu?

Again people don't understand and think Warlocks can spam Chaos Bolts combined with 5 procs together all the time without buildup. Again some random link of a number without context (I expect you left the rest of the log out on purpose), from people who think that kind of number is the norm.. as if every Warlock is putting out 400k Chaos Bolts all the time as easy as spamming Fel Flame... It isn't the norm. Chaos Bolt hits on AVERAGE for 60-70k, at best. Chaos Bolt does NOT hit for 400k unless you have no resilience and all damage taken debuffs, the Warlock has immense amounts of PVP power, Dark Soul, trinkets and potions combined with some extra damage buff. Either that or it has been staged.

Chaos Bolt NEVER hits for that much in normal situation. NEVER. Chaos Bolt doesn't even hit that high in PVE under Dark Soul.

How would that even be any different to a Warrior killing you in 7 seconds? The Warrior doesn't even need to spend 25 seconds building it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    I'd like to see someone avoid Chaos Bolts when theres double warlock on the enemy RBG team and you're struggling to keep your FC alive as frost bomb/double Chaos Bolt brings your FC from 100-0.
    And what's the difference between a Warlock casting a single Chaos Bolt and a Warror hitting you 5 times? The damage is around the same. You only complain because of the single large hit but in actual fact the overall DPS is the same as any other class.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-11-04 at 11:05 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Temple of Kotmogu?
    Very likely the sky effects even there LOL

Wow HAHAHAHAHA the guy posted him getting obliterated HOLDING an orb, My CB has ripped through 300k+++ with people holding the orb

Why do you people complain the most ridiculous things when It's right on your nose for god sakes of course that's taken in the temple with the guy holding the orb. There's no possible way it can hit that hard sorry and my gear is pvp power hardcore and I've never hit that hard unless It's that orb wielder which I will 1 shot

Then that person will likely go to the forums and be like OMG I GOT 1 SHOT like this

God this reminds me of people blaming rogues with legendary daggers when in reality it WAS VIAL OF SHADOWS LMAO yes I remember that of course.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-11-04 at 11:07 PM.

These numbers are getting a little bit too big. I can hit my "oh shit button" during raids and heal the tank I'm on for around 400k.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    These numbers are getting a little bit too big. I can hit my "oh shit button" during raids and heal the tank I'm on for around 400k.
    Healing is reduced by 15(?) % in PvP instances.

tbf if you get hit by a 3 second cast, its your own fault
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Healing is reduced by 15(?) % in PvP instances.

Oh is it? I'm not the most informed on the PvP scene, even so we shouldn't be casting 6 digit numbers :b

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    tbf if you get hit by a 3 second cast, its your own fault
    You cant get 30% off cast with buff? No warlock casts it without the buff. Also getting isnta feared/stunned makes it really hard to interupt

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    Oh is it? I'm not the most informed on the PvP scene, even so we shouldn't be casting 6 digit numbers :b
    I even think they've been talking about upping it to 30% in the future.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I even think they've been talking about upping it to 30% in the future.
    Stacking with MS effects as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    You cant get 30% off cast with buff? No warlock casts it without the buff. Also getting isnta feared/stunned makes it really hard to interupt
    And spending the buff with the CB is putting all your eggs in one basket since your Incinerates will be painfully slow to cast afterwards.

Deleted
    And spending the buff with the CB is putting all your eggs in one basket since your Incinerates will be painfully slow to cast afterwards.
    I know. I think doing so much damage with one spell is overpowered. Imo better solution would be lower damage of chaosbolt and increase the others. Who wants to have one op spell and bunch spells that hit like wet noodles

People aren't smart enough to figure out that a mages flurry of 50-70k hits add up to much more than a single chaos bolt in the same amount of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    I know. I think doing so much damage with one spell is overpowered. Imo better solution would be lower damage of chaosbolt and increase the others. Who wants to have one op spell and bunch spells that hit like wet noodles
    I'd be fine with that. And from what I've heard from other warlocks, most of them would be fine with it too.

Deleted
    Temple of Kotmogu?
    That is nothing for that BG. The lock here hits for 750k:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgDNvjB5o1k&t=9m28s