Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    People aren't smart enough to figure out that a mages flurry of 50-70k hits add up to much more than a single chaos bolt in the same amount of time...
    Sad thing is that it's only because the fact that CB is one single number, opposite of the combo of stuff other classes throw at you in the same amount of time.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 12:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    That is nothing for that arena. The lock here hits for 750k:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgDNvjB5o1k&t=9m28s
    Oh, I know. I'm just questioning the background for these cries for nerfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  2. #102
    Turns out I can do that much damage in the same amount of time on a windwalker monk, just takes me multiple attacks. Harder to stop though.

    My strat for dealing with Chaos Bolts in arena is keep preventing the cast from finishing until he either has to use that ember for healing or dies, or I have a cooldown ready to deal with it. Most warlocks just keep getting off 3/4 of the cast between cc over and over till its way too late and thats how you can tell they are super good players.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Sad thing is that it's only because the fact that CB is one single number, opposite of the combo of stuff other classes throw at you in the same amount of time.[COLOR="red"]
    Finish the CB cast with a Fel Flame, and then a Conflag and all 3 will hit at the same time. Berserker in RBGs = I just run around globaling people at 2k rating with 250k chaos bolts on 60% resi + 90k conflags + 40k fel flames, all in the same GCD. 2k isn't much, but you can hopefully see why this is retarded.

  4. #104
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Finish the CB cast with a Fel Flame, and then a Conflag and all 3 will hit at the same time. Berserker in RBGs = I just run around globaling people at 2k rating with 250k chaos bolts on 60% resi + 90k conflags + 40k fel flames, all in the same GCD. 2k isn't much, but you can hopefully see why this is retarded.
    I don't see how this is different from hunters/warriors/mages with Berserker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Easy way to deal with CB is to interrupt the cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    Line of Sight is difficult
    Not saying CB is super imba or anything, but saying you can interrupt or LoS or whatever is pretty silly. The lock doesn't lose their embers, they just wait until the interrupt wears off or they can get you out of LoS and fire it off. Or fear or stun you or get their friends to lock you down so they can get a CB off. Maybe some classes can keep a caster unable to get a cast off indefinitely, but even then that's only if you're basically paying attention to them 100% of the time. In Arena they have partners, and in BGs well there's a whole other team out there...
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-11-05 at 12:07 AM.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I don't see how this is different from hunters/warriors/mages with Berserker.
    You've never been globaled by a warrior, hunter or mage. 60% resi. Globaled. 1 GCD. 1.5 seconds. Never.

  7. #107
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    You've never been globaled by a warrior, hunter or mage. 60% resi. Globaled. 1 GCD. 1.5 seconds. Never.
    Neither have you by a warlock. 3 sec cast? And if it's buffed, it means that at least one Conflag has come before. There's plenty of time to get your stuff in order to take that hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    You've never been globaled by a warrior, hunter or mage. 60% resi. Globaled. 1 GCD. 1.5 seconds. Never.
    I think you take the definition too literally and need to look at metaphorically and conceptually. Globaled hasn't been relevant for years in that case but people still like to use it to classify extremely fast kills because of it's relation to the definition it once had.
    Last edited by RaZDaZ; 2012-11-05 at 12:13 AM.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    I think you take the definition too literally and need to look at metaphorically and conceptually. Globaled hasn't been relevant for years in that case but people still like to use it to classify extremely fast kills because of it's relation to the definition it once had.
    I just played rbgs at 2k and globaled 3 people in 1 match. We're not talking "steadily killed over 3 sec", we're talking "instant death". 250k cb, 90k conflag, 40k fel flame. 380k damage on 60% resi, all hitting at the same time. If that's not globaling someone, what is?

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    It has a 3s cast and so does aimed shot. Aimed shot hits for 60k while chaos bolt hits for 150k. Something is wrong here.
    You also need a burning ember to cast chaos bolt. aimed shot is spammable.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 12:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    I just played rbgs at 2k and globaled 3 people in 1 match. We're not talking "steadily killed over 3 sec", we're talking "instant death". 250k cb, 90k conflag, 40k fel flame. 380k damage on 60% resi, all hitting at the same time. If that's not globaling someone, what is?
    Chaosbolt casts using 1 global CD then conflag which is instant cast but still uses a global CD finally fel flame once again using a global cd.
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    NON SINE DIIS ANIMOSUS INFANS
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Easy way to deal with CB is to interrupt the cast.
    Do you know what every enemy on the screen is casting during the middle of a BG?

  12. #112
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    Do you know what every enemy on the screen is casting during the middle of a BG?
    When you know there's something you really should keep an eye on it, you keep an eye on it. Or do you let healers free-cast too without doing anything against it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Chaosbolt casts using 1 global CD then conflag which is instant cast but still uses a global CD finally fel flame once again using a global cd.
    They all hit at the same time. How many times does it need to be said? Are you slow?

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    I wanna see the warlock defensive comment on this pic.
    "If you didnt interuptz it you dezerve to die!!!11!
    Random BG with +damage on the person like in temple, yea...not like ANYTHINg would do lots of damage vs. that person, right?

    You should take a look at what happened before you scream "NERF NERF NERF", it just makes you look silly if you take any picture for clean truth, sure it happend, but why was the damage so high? ask yourself that question and try to research the matter instad of crying "OMG LOOK AT HIGH NUMBAHS! NERF NERF NERF"

  15. #115
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your air conditioning
    Posts
    305
    Chaos Bolt will get nerfed in PvP, Its only a matter of time and everyone knows it. Wether they will belive it or not, Its great how most people fail to know that not all pvp 1 on 1 deal, Its very easy for you to get lost trying to burn someone down to noctice that warlock sneaking up with you. People are calling 3 secs set-up time? For real LOL? 3 seconds is quite OP for a skill that can 2 shot people.

    I know this, My alt is Desto and loving it intill the nerf happens. So easy to roll healers in 2/3 casts.
    GC : Reclaimer, Everything you say is real and I respect you because you tell it.
    Reclaimer : When you say " Plz " instead of please, I say " No " because its shorter than Yes.
    Relliks : Dude, Reclaimer's fucking epic. He's got the right to quote himself.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    I just played rbgs at 2k and globaled 3 people in 1 match. We're not talking "steadily killed over 3 sec", we're talking "instant death". 250k cb, 90k conflag, 40k fel flame. 380k damage on 60% resi, all hitting at the same time. If that's not globaling someone, what is?
    Having fun vs. the 1200 rating scrubbs with PvE gear i see continue with that.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 07:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Chaos Bolt will get nerfed in PvP, Its only a matter of time and everyone knows it. Wether they will belive it or not, Its great how most people fail to know that not all pvp 1 on 1 deal, Its very easy for you to get lost trying to burn someone down to noctice that warlock sneaking up with you. People are calling 3 secs set-up time? For real LOL? 3 seconds is quite OP for a skill that can 2 shot people.

    I know this, My alt is Desto and loving it intill the nerf happens. So easy to roll healers in 2/3 casts.
    You seem like one of the many bad casuals crying for nerfs due to not playing very good and/or organised pvp.

  17. #117
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Chaos Bolt will get nerfed in PvP, Its only a matter of time and everyone knows it. Wether they will belive it or not, Its great how most people fail to know that not all pvp 1 on 1 deal, Its very easy for you to get lost trying to burn someone down to noctice that warlock sneaking up with you. People are calling 3 secs set-up time? For real LOL? 3 seconds is quite OP for a skill that can 2 shot people.

    I know this, My alt is Desto and loving it intill the nerf happens. So easy to roll healers in 2/3 casts.
    It's already nerfed on 5.1 crying and crying getting 1 shot in temple crying for nerfs O M GGGGGGGG I GOT HIT FOR 700K oh wait... I'm holding an orb

    FORUM FORUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I demand nerfs I got hit so hard even though I'm stacked with resilience ._. ( I forgot to tell you I linked an SS of the guy having an Orb that makes the person take an increased amount of damage ) BUT I'M GOING TO WHINEEEEEEEE

    I'm even more entertained that people ARE CRYING about an execute as well like it gets so much better ahahaha!!

  18. #118
    a lot of damage is avoidable, but that's not the point here
    I can spam 100k regrowth crits (bugged glyph + tree, with the +spellpower talent even higher) on my druid, but imagine I sit in a full hoj with my partner coiled (while stunned you cant heal yourself excluding hots) (also remember not all rdruids use the barkskin glyph anymore)
    it's almost like back when you had to anticipate to swd a blind vs rogue/mage or a win would be VERY tough with certain comps (ie disc/warrior; but even there you still outplay them and possibly win)

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 10:36 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    [...]
    I'm even more entertained that people ARE CRYING about an execute as well like it gets so much better ahahaha!!
    that really depends on what blizzard wants execute to be. if they want it to be a finishing move with a good chance to kill then high damage is totally fine. if they just want it to be a small damage increase while the target has low health it's an entirely different scenario
    Last edited by xindralol; 2012-11-05 at 09:34 AM.

  19. #119
    Epic! Nyxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    They all hit at the same time. How many times does it need to be said? Are you slow?
    How does conflag and fel flame hit at the same time?
    Chaosbolt might as well not have a GCD as the GCD is over by the end of the cast, then you can instantly conflag which both hit at the same time, but since conflag is instant and has a GCD and fel flame has a travel time (albeit a very fast travel time) fel flame can not hit at the same time as Chaosbolt + conflag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Spoiler: The reason Garrosh is defeated is because, just when he's being attacked, Malchezaar pops out of a portal, yells "yoink!", and takes his weapon away.
    Armory

  20. #120
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    They all hit at the same time. How many times does it need to be said? Are you slow?
    You're still using at least 4 GCDs to set it up (CB takes about the time of 2 to cast, then Fel Flame, then Conflag (and you may have used another Conflag first to get Backdraft, which puts the grand total at 5 GCDs)). If 5 GCDs is too fast for people to react, then perhaps those people need to stop doing PVP if it bothers them so much.

    Edit: And if Berserker is that much of a problem, perhaps you should petition for that to be removed instead of "fixing" warlocks.
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2012-11-05 at 11:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •