Deleted

Looking for a new PC build

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone on the forum could help me spec / source a new PC build for myself

The only games I currently play are SWTOR and WOW, I currently build the odd games in Unity3D and model in 3DS Max

The basic specs I would like to achieve are :

6 / 8 core processor

8GB Ram

1 or 2 GB GFX Card - I was previously looking at the 7770 card

I would like to keep it under a budget of £500 quid and preferably off UK providers but if any aspects need to be changed then that's not a problem.

I was looking at the following build off Cyber Power Systems for £449:

• AMD FX-8120 CPU
    • 8GB PC12800 DDR3/1600mhz RAM
    • NVIDIA GT610 1GB Video
    • Asus M5A78L-M USB3 SATA3 MB
    • 1TB SATA-III Hard Drive
    • 24X Double DVD±R/±RW
    • CoolerMaster HAF 912 Case

But I wasn't sure if it could be sourced any cheaper

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

That AMD processor is pretty bad for games, but might have use if you spend a lot of time in 3DS.

Do you often spend hours waiting for the computer to do something? If not, you would do better with Intel processor that has fewer but more powerful cores.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Hi Vesse,

Not Hours No - Might spend 15 minutes or so waiting for things but that's about it really.

My current build is a core 2 duo 2.53ghz , 3gb ram and a 8500GT 512MB so anything is an upgrade at the moment.

Could look into intel - Never really done much with pcs rather than picking one out of the store haha and that was about 5 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by manafreak View Post
    Not Hours No - Might spend 15 minutes or so waiting for things but that's about it really.
    The difference between 6-8 core AMD and 4 core Intel is about 20% in rendering jobs, so out of 15 minutes spent waiting you could save maybe 3 minutes of your time. Depends really on how valuable you count that time and where the priorities lie because that same AMD processor which gains you 3 minutes in 3DS can cost you 10-20fps in 25man raids when playing WoW.

Also are you willing or interested in overclocking? That might also sway the decision one way or another.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Hmm well I play more games than I spend rendering so my heart would go with the more FPS haha , Overclocking I wouldn't mind but its not a need, If it can be done then i'm all for it