Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Thanks for the tip Azuri, that was priceless. There should have been a black screen saying "And Now For Something Completely Different..." because Gary just goes off on like, a rant about the giveaway and Dimensions.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's like the other week (I think 2 episodes back) when Gary when fucking crazy and put Justin back on his heels to defend some of the things SWTOR was doing. It was hilarious to see Gary so worked up and animated. It was hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like their doing the first Sanctum show in about 30 mins or so at the time of this post. 7:00pm EST / 4:00 PST - EU.....???? No idea who the hosts are other then Gary?

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/live/

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Looks like their doing the first Sanctum show in about 30 mins or so at the time of this post. 7:00pm EST / 4:00 PST - EU.....???? No idea who the hosts are other then Gary?

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/live/
    Gamebreaker usually feels too boring to me, a lot of lulls in the conversation, a general lack of cohesion, but I'll definitely check it out tonight and see how the time away from the subject matter (possibly) improves the discussion.

I think the cohosts should be Seatin, Edge and Puremallace.

Gary: So guys, is it just me or is Rift drawing attention away from the sinking ship MMOs like The Secret World, SWToR and GW2?
    Seatin: Hang on one minute Gary, editing my twelfth video of the day.
    Edgecrusher: Gary, this is The Sanctum, we're not here to discuss other games, let's get back on subject. Speakin of new hairstyles....
    Puremallace: Yeah, Rift is drawing the attention away from the those other games, just look at how Trion RAPES their warriors. Definitely newsworthy.

(Nothing but love for you guys)

Deleted
    I've had an interesting day to say the Least...

I somehow ended up in some EU Community round table podcast, with all the EU community managers, Simon and Nick from the Zone development team, long story short, There's going to be some Community Roundtable Podcast on a german RIFT fansite with me asking questions for an hour ^^

I got a load of people's skypes and they are sending me when its done...
    Things I found out:
    • Mount speeds are meant to be 130% and 150%, not 150% and 200%
    • Some Puzzles Award Exclusive Dimensions
    • The Dev's loved Skarjjs jumping puzzle on beta
    • Puzzles are 100% more Evil
    • There are going to be painful achivements for people like Deltrus ^^
    • There are a few achievements on Live that no one in the world has currently got (didn't specificy which)
    • Volan is the only "Super Collosi" encounter, If he goes down well, they will look at making more 'Volan' type encounters in upcoming patches, basically make loads of threads of the forums saying how much you love Volan!
    • Some of the Dev's never played WOW and didn't get my references
    • Zones are designed to have a specific feel to them, apprently there is some sort of underground temple in Cape Jule that you don't realise your on it... till your on it :O
    • Nick listened to my feedback and added lots more beer to the bar in tempest bay, I like him
    • Nick sounds like he's on a hill
    • German people love british accents

wow, most annoying login/signup ever for gamebreaker. No matter what/how I signup/load, it doesn't work and I keep having to sign up. Whatever. Didn't want to talk to anyone in the chat anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    wow, most annoying login/signup ever for gamebreaker. No matter what/how I signup/load, it doesn't work and I keep having to sign up. Whatever. Didn't want to talk to anyone in the chat anyway.
    You didn't watch it on twitch? :P
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    You didn't watch it on twitch? :P
    Nah, just used Azuri's link. Whether i registered for a new account, used my sham FB account, or tried to log in with my twitch credentials, I always got the sign in/sign up pop up.

Ended up watching about half the video. I'm glad Rift is gaining more coverage, but I can only listen to the casual-level convos for so long before I get bored. Seriously Gary, you tried swimming to Tempest Bay and never saw it? I did manage to see Azuri in chat bragging like a champ for being the healer in one of their first videos though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, just used Azuri's link. Whether i registered for a new account, used my sham FB account, or tried to log in with my twitch credentials, I always got the sign in/sign up pop up.

Ended up watching about half the video. I'm glad Rift is gaining more coverage, but I can only listen to the casual-level convos for so long before I get bored. Seriously Gary, you tried swimming to Tempest Bay and never saw it? I did manage to see Azuri in chat bragging like a champ for being the healer in one of their first videos though!
    I was nice though I didn't say how times I battle rezed them (Every time it was on CD) Then I was told to heal MOAR.

Who were the new hosts for this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I've had an interesting day to say the Least...

I somehow ended up in some EU Community round table podcast, with all the EU community managers, Simon and Nick from the Zone development team, long story short, There's going to be some Community Roundtable Podcast on a german RIFT fansite with me asking questions for an hour ^^

I got a load of people's skypes and they are sending me when its done...
    Things I found out:
    • Mount speeds are meant to be 130% and 150%, not 150% and 200%
    • Some Puzzles Award Exclusive Dimensions
    • The Dev's loved Skarjjs jumping puzzle on beta
    • Puzzles are 100% more Evil
    • There are going to be painful achivements for people like Deltrus ^^
    • There are a few achievements on Live that no one in the world has currently got (didn't specificy which)
    • Volan is the only "Super Collosi" encounter, If he goes down well, they will look at making more 'Volan' type encounters in upcoming patches, basically make loads of threads of the forums saying how much you love Volan!
    • Some of the Dev's never played WOW and didn't get my references
    • Zones are designed to have a specific feel to them, apprently there is some sort of underground temple in Cape Jule that you don't realise your on it... till your on it :O
    • Nick listened to my feedback and added lots more beer to the bar in tempest bay, I like him
    • Nick sounds like he's on a hill
    • German people love british accents
    some cool things
    thanks for info....loved that some puzzle will reward a dimension
    now only hope the rewards for achievements like complete all artifacts sets not to be just x5 xp crystals....lame
    give us dimension items ans pets

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Who were the new hosts for this?
    Jason Winters (who most GBTV fans know) and Quintlyn who is one of the mods, and monitors the phone lines for After Dark.

GBTV is awesome btw, why so much hate.

You gotta realize that GBTV shows are about the hosts and the personality more than the content. They cover alot of MMO's so their own experience with each title is generally super casual.

Anyone who has ever done a podcast (like I have) knows that running the show the way Gary does is an art form. Its not easy.

You do miss out on alot of the fun if you don't watch live. The preshow and aftershow are often hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    GBTV is awesome btw, why so much hate.
    I think hate is a bit strong. I enjoyed the show but if you are hosting for show you should have a decent amount of knowledge now granted (I don't expect Raid or Rift Guru) with Storm Legion I don't expect many people to know a ton about it since there was in fact only one open beta. Gary seemed to have the most insight into the game at this point. I'll cut people some slack I think many people are returning to the game so it's going to take some time for people to get back in the groove that tend to move around from game to game which you do in that type if industry.

It looks like Pokket will be playing she changed her Twitchtv page and added she is currently playing Storm Legion and IRLjasmine tweeted she we'll be playing to so we may still get some host swap ins/outs. It looks like their also doing a SL launch party I won't be around for it I'm still working on the 13th but off from the 14th going forward.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-11-10 at 10:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I think hate is a bit strong. I enjoyed the show but if you are hosting for show you should have a decent amount of knowledge now granted (I don't expect Raid or Rift Guru) with Storm Legion I don't expect many people to know a ton about it since there was in fact only one open beta. Gary seemed to have the most insight into the game at this point. I'll cut people some slack I think many people are returning to the game so it's going to take some time for people to get back in the groove that tend to move around from game to game which you do in that type if industry.

It looks like Pokket will be playing she changed her Twitchtv page and added she is currently playing Storm Legion and IRLjasmine tweeted she we'll be playing to so we may still get some host swap ins/outs. It looks like their also doing a SL launch party I won't be around for it I'm still working on the 13th but off from the 14th going forward.
    I watched the full episode and I must say, I went in with fairly moderate expectations, but none of them seemed to elaborate on anything or posses much knowledge about the game, for example when they are talking about the new soul Tempest, and the woman mentions she tried it with mainly beastmaster, but had it has a sub-soul and says it plays pretty much exactly the same, well to be honest with 0-15 Points in tempest you can't even get a decent feel for it, The rest of it just seemed a bit bland, they didn't really seem to enthusiastic about the game and it took them ages to get into the meat of things, just my opinion, but from that episode, I can see why it was cancelled :/

Oh I definitely watch all the GBTV shows except for Guildcast and Buildcast. Very entertaining shows and so well produced I don't think it's even fair to call them "podcasts".

I just think the Sanctum as a show doesn't have the legs of World of Warcraft based show nor did they ever find hosts both knowledgeable and engaging on the same level as Legendary or even Guildcast.

If Gamebreaker brought in people like Seebs, Anuhart or, going the other way, some of the big pain-in-the-ass raiders (reputation wise), I think it'd be an interesting show. Problem is, the die-hard fans of the game are a major minority and the things they could discuss might disenfranchise the casual viewer.

Finding a middle-ground with knowledgeable but down-to-earth players would be the best bet. That's why I'm banking on Seatin becoming a Youtube sensation

Deleted
    In my opinion, its like me doing a hour show on SWTOR, I know practically nothing about this game, I don't play it and I don't have any intention to. I don't care much for the game, but some people do and that's cool, whatever floats your boat etc etc.

You can tell just from the sound of Gary's voice at the beginning he doesn't have any motivation towards RIFT, when he is mentioning about how if we are lucky it may continue to December and even January. There just seems so little effort or anything in this show and to me it just comes across as appalling, there not up-to-date on anything and it just comes over to me as a massive letdown and I don't even want to think what all the people who watch GBTV and are thinking of coming back to RIFT are thinking after they see it "oh let's check out this" 10 minuites later... "wow this sounds dull and these guys don't seem to bothered"

If Gamebreaker brought in people like Seebs, Anuhart or, going the other way, some of the big pain-in-the-ass raiders (reputation wise), I think it'd be an interesting show.
    That's assuming those people are even personable, snappy w/ jokes & responses, insightful, good communicators, etc.

As already said, it's not just about knowing about Rift. Have to be "good" on camera too. And show up, of course.

I hope GBTV find great hosts if Sanctum sticks around though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That's assuming those people are even personable, snappy w/ jokes & responses, insightful, good communicators, etc.

As already said, it's not just about knowing about Rift. Have to be "good" on camera too. And show up, of course.

I hope GBTV find great hosts if Sanctum sticks around though.
    Well yeah, I thought that'd go without saying. My point was, you need hosts with some personal, semi-serious knowledge of the game, otherwise you're just an overly long advert.