Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Amber Shaper - Best way to handle P2 and P3

We are making progress and very close to a kill, but I'm wonder how your guild handled p2 and 3? We kept a person as construct during 2, and just spammed 1 on the monstrosity ignoring the AOE he did. This ran into an issue of not having enough pools in p3. I have heard of some guilds killing constructs in 2 and leaving people as them in 3. Or the other way around.

I think next time we go in, we will kill them in p2 to have plenty of puddles for p3, and just keep all constructs up in p3. Or is it better to leave maybe 1 person as a construct in 3 to maintain the buff, and kill the rest?

Also, how did you handle it if your healer was chosen in p3?

Thanks

Each construct in phase 2 takes ONE puddle, that way constructs almost overlap and the debuff on the monstrosity doesn't fall off.
    Each construct in phase 3 gets ignored by the raid and takes as many puddles as he needs.

Deleted
    For us the best way was to handle phase 2 just as 1, kill blobs, drop construct to 20%, don't leave it until you are about to run of willpower (don't consume any pools). Repeat the process until the boss enter phase 3. In phase 3 don't kill any construct, just zerg the boss with them and extend your willpower with all the pools (none should have been consumed in p1&2). The raid should intercept the bolts from the the walls.

Don't know if someone tried to keep construct under control in p3. Doesn't seem feasible.

In Phase 2, we freed the person in the construct (they didnt eat pools) until the monstrosity was low in health. Basically the last 1-2 people while the monstrosity was alive STAYED as constructs. In phase 3, anyone who got turned into a construct stayed a construct. Pools got low towards the end, but with all the stacks the boss died really quickly.

Reading the previous answers, it seems to be possible to do it many different ways
    Last edited by rayanne; 2012-11-03 at 08:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    2nd phase always keep first dps to get constuct as a construct, stack debuff on the boss while interrupting the monstrosity, the 2nd constructs in p2 are killed asap and they also stack debuff on boss.
    p3 pop hero and win

Deleted
    Intersting, we're starting on him tomorrow i figured you needed to take a pool in able to keep the stacks on the boss up all times?

Do people let the stacks drop During Phase 1 & Phase 2?

Our plan was to eat one pool per construct (in Phase 1 & 2). Building stacks in Phase 1 and then trying to build stacks on the Big Add in Phase 2 while keeping the stack rolling on the boss in aswell.

Phase 3 Burn seems the only option.

Deleted
    Stacks on the boss dont matter, its not a dps race and assuming the trasformed ppl interupt theres not much healing to do. Just make sure the ppl in the constructs interupt properly and leave all the pools up for phase 3 and its not a hard boss at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    We are making progress and very close to a kill, but I'm wonder how your guild handled p2 and 3? We kept a person as construct during 2, and just spammed 1 on the monstrosity ignoring the AOE he did. This ran into an issue of not having enough pools in p3. I have heard of some guilds killing constructs in 2 and leaving people as them in 3. Or the other way around.

I think next time we go in, we will kill them in p2 to have plenty of puddles for p3, and just keep all constructs up in p3. Or is it better to leave maybe 1 person as a construct in 3 to maintain the buff, and kill the rest?

Also, how did you handle it if your healer was chosen in p3?

Thanks
    Hello.

We continued killing constructs in both phase 1 and 2. Constructs from the end of phase 2 onwards cannot be killed because of the heals they receive.

During P1+2 if each construct eats 1 pool and gets dpsed below 20%, they can break out of construct right as another player gets reshaped (meaning the debuff never falls off the boss).

Someone posted that 'dps doesnt matter' but it is important because it determines the amount of puddles still up when you hit phase 3. The more puddles still up, the longer your constructs will stay alive and the more debuffs they will stack on the boss (decreasing the duration of phase 3).

Our healer was reshape lifed right at the very beginning of phase 3 and the other one just solo healed the entire phase. Was not that challenging - note that the more people get reshaped, the less targets left to heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Each construct in phase 2 takes ONE puddle, that way constructs almost overlap and the debuff on the monstrosity doesn't fall off.
    Each construct in phase 3 gets ignored by the raid and takes as many puddles as he needs.
    We didn't do it this way, but it's a very very good suggestion. Probably the best way to do it. I guess your P3 was very short?

We're trying a strat where the first DPS in p2 stays as a construct, eating pools as necessary, and we break any and all constructs afterwards. To do this, we have to have no pools eaten during p1, which pushes the phase out longer (but it's a joke phase really) and gets us another scalpel to collect more pools.

Our problem is people just missing things, like their own constructs explosion or the monstrosity's big one.. Ironically, the latter is much easier to heal thru, and the former happens more often and requires more thought since it requires willpower to cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    We didn't do it this way, but it's a very very good suggestion. Probably the best way to do it. I guess your P3 was very short?
    Only noticed this post now, sorry for the late reply.
    Standing to world of logs, our phase three lasted approximately two minutes.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of ways to do it really.

You can extend P1 a little bit and have your first construct in P2 keep rolling stacks on the boss and eating puddles (this means that when the boss hits P3 he will have like 30+ stacks immediately). Or you can push P1 fast, focus DPS on the monstrosity hard and then just do P3 as you normally would.

If you just continue to put stacks on the boss in P2 despite him having 99% damage reduction, he will take an absurd amount of damage when P3 starts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Only noticed this post now, sorry for the late reply.
    Standing to world of logs, our phase three lasted approximately two minutes.
    Yea I realised after making it your strategy will have no impact on P3 since the stacks are on the monstrosity xD Ah well, short P2 then I guess! Lol

Tried it as 10man on the off-day today. We always had the issue that we ran out of pools in p3. We used no pools in p1 and each construct took 2 pools in p2. I have no idea how some of you managed to only take 1 pool per construct, since they barely overlapped when we took 2.

p2 and p3 seem to counter eachother. The "better" you do p2, the more dps and the better you keep the debuff up on the Monstrosity, the less pools you get in p3. Our last tactic was to simply stop dps and get 3 extra Scalpels (12 extra pools) in p1. Basically the same as not soaking any pools in p2, except that we used more time in p1 with a really short p2, instead of short p1 and long p2 (less healing required). Considering that we had 2x 5% wipes with 12 less pools (simply because all of the constructs ran out of willpower), we would have killed him pretty easily, but had a Tank DC --> wipe, and then ppl had to go since the raid was already overtime. Really looking forward to the fight on 25man, will get interesting
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2012-11-07 at 01:04 AM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Went in and got it within 2 pulls. We took no pools during p1 and p2 and ignored the monstrosity explosion, which means we just spammed 1 and used 2 when we needed. We killed amber oozes as soon as they came up, usually before another spawned, thus no healing. First time we got to p3 doing this, we killed it with no issues. Doing it this way, we had a 7:30 kill which is pretty much what others are having. If we did it any faster, we would not have enough pools. I think we were over thinking the fight the first night and it seems a lot of others are too. We have some decent ideas for heroic, and generally base our normal strat off heroic.

Normal 10 Strategy:

P1 - Get around 3 scalps, 12 pools. You can even try and line up a push during the scalp to get the boss lower for p3. Do not drink puddles.
    P2 - Kill adds as soon as they spawn. Ignore big add explosion, interrupt if you want. Get people to 20% right away. Do not drink puddles.
    P3 - Lust at start so everyone can get lust. Tank boss near puddles. Keep everyone in construct and burn.

Empress is a joke.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2012-11-07 at 04:00 AM.

Deleted
    I'm curious, the big ass stomp the monstrosity does... I've avoided the knockback a few times (afaik i didnt resist anything) by jumping when it hit... How ever it seemed i needed to be in his actual hitbox in order to not get knocked away.

Is there a set way of making sure you don't get knocked about? (We had alot of movement in Phase 2 due to tanks getting knocked left and right sometimes.)

that way constructs almost overlap and the debuff on the monstrosity doesn't fall off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    I'm curious, the big ass stomp the monstrosity does... I've avoided the knockback a few times (afaik i didnt resist anything) by jumping when it hit... How ever it seemed i needed to be in his actual hitbox in order to not get knocked away.

Is there a set way of making sure you don't get knocked about? (We had alot of movement in Phase 2 due to tanks getting knocked left and right sometimes.)
    Just heard from a guildie that you can parry the stomp, so jumping isn't the solution. Just getting lucky on RNG made you dodge a few .

Deleted
    How many healers are you using?

i guess 3 if you are not interrupting the monstruosity cast?

Edit: Looks like 2-healing. Will try tonight
    Last edited by mmoc9d4b421740; 2012-11-08 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Normal 10 Strategy:

P1 - Get around 3 scalps, 12 pools. You can even try and line up a push during the scalp to get the boss lower for p3. Do not drink puddles.
    P2 - Kill adds as soon as they spawn. Ignore big add explosion, interrupt if you want. Get people to 20% right away. Do not drink puddles.
    P3 - Lust at start so everyone can get lust. Tank boss near puddles. Keep everyone in construct and burn.
    Have you covered the explosions of the big add by using cooldowns (paladin bubble ftw) or not? Our guild members yesterday struggled with countering both the big adds explosion as well as their own -.-
    In P3: do you cover the raid with the people that are reshape lifed? Since they will heal themselves instead of getting damage, it would be interesting to stack the whole raid at the boss and have the other people cover them by standing outside (but still being able to hit the boss). Is that okay or am I misjudging something?