Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I'm sick and tired of "plastic junk".
    I've had this arguement about keyboards especially. Most of the "gaming" keyboards are internally no better than a $12 keyboard. Even some of the gaming mechanical keyboards are falling short.

It's just an overall trend with consumer level electronics.

G600 Milkeshake Review hands on etc First off Ill begin this entire review by using Marest's guidelines, I will give my own opinion on it and an unbias opinion as well.

Ergonomics - While I do feel the design is made to be comfortable for your hand, it still feels too big for a 1 size fits all mouse. The extra button layout is by far better than any of the competitors around simply by deviding 2 rows of 3 buttons and making them V in toward each other respectively, giving you a valley and peak kind of muscle memory, now I can agree the Naga/G600 have a ton of buttons on them but how many can you possible use? Imo if the layout is proper every button can be used, but again not every MMO has a bloated spell book like WoW, so this is up to personal preference completely, while I love the mouse I'd say the Naga hex is another well designed mouse for people who want more buttons but not 20~ . In all design wise its a bit bulky and stands nearly 2 inches tall on the left side or numberpad.

Tracking

Resolution: 200 - 8200 dots per inch (dpi)
    Image processing: 11.25 megapixels/second
    Max. acceleration: 30G*
    Max. speed: up to 160 inches (4.06 m)/second*

Responsiveness

USB data format: 16 bits/axis
    USB report rate: Up to 1000 reports/second
    Sleep mode: disabled

Glide

Dynamic coefficient of friction: .09 µ (k)**
    Static coefficient of friction: .14 µ (s)**
    Total weight: 133 grams
    Cord: 15 grams

Durability

Buttons (Left / Right / Third): 20 million clicks
    Feet: 250 kilometers

Measurements

Weight: 133 grams (without cable)
    Dimensions: 118mm x 75mm x 41mm
    Cable length: 6.5 feet (2 meters)

Overall Component quality - Currently I feel like the g600 has a solid build physically speaking sensor seems responsive @ 4000 DPI, which is what I use normally, I've attempted 5000 at most, sensor can move mouse accurately around 1 inch above the surface, i.e floating. This could be considered good and bad, I do not pick my mouse up when gaming or really ever so to me its not an issue, if you were to pick it up I could see disorientation coming quickly as the mouse will move. As I have mentioned before the packaged software and firmware are not amazing but I wouldn't expect them to be this soon. Setup is fairly easy with the software and a lot of possible functions and such are available making the mouse have an edge on a lot of the competition. The LED buttons and color changing is lovely, match my entire black/red build and setup.

Sensor - 200-8200 DPI, Polling rates of 125-250-500-1000, Advanced options include - Enable per profile pointer settings - seperate dpi x and y axis - Acceleration (enhanced pointer precision) @ 1000hz and Acceleration enabled I dont noticed too many things but at any settings ive seen a few lil hiccups here and there but nothing absurd. Im not as familliar w/ sensors as marest or some others but the mouse in use seems fairly decent and w/o the buttons and such I feel it could be accurate enough for FPS gaming.