Recruit-a-Friend not giving XP Bonus

So I decided to try out Recruit-a-Friend Dual-boxing with ISboxer. However, it looks like the XP bonus is not going through for me. I'm not using keymapping, I just have two warriors and they are grouped and doing quests together and one is following the other. I haven't yet reached level 10, but the rested XP bonus isn't going away and the RaF bonus is not showing in my chat log like it says it's supposed to. I've been getting standard XP for quest turn-ins. One of the accounts is a starter (trial) account, so I'm unsure if it has to be upgraded before I get the XP bonus. Please let me know if you have any insight of what I'm doing wrong or if it simply isn't working and needs to be ticketed.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot to add that the accounts show as properly linked, and they can summon one another. Just no XP bonus so far.

I recruited my buddy to wow recently, and we're having the same issue.

Youve definatly did it wrong make sure to go to battlenet account and check if the link is there
    also i believe it requires the first upgrade for it to get working

Blademaster
    Quote Originally Posted by brutalfira View Post
    Youve definatly did it wrong make sure to go to battlenet account and check if the link is there
    also i believe it requires the first upgrade for it to get working
    He said the accounts are properly linked, and he can summon his friend so we know this is true.

Blizz's FaQ on RaF says that it will work with Starter Edition (free) accounts up to the level cap (20 I believe).

So unless their FaQ is outdated, it seems like a bug that I would open a ticket for.

Leave group, kill a mob, see xp.
    Join group, kill a mob, see xp.
    ??
    armory
    free url shortener
    6/6 BWD HC 5/5 BoT HC 2/2 TOT4W HC 6/6 FL HC 8/8 DS HC

6/6 Mogu'shan Vaults N
    5/6 Heart of Fear N

Blademaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroi View Post
    Leave group, kill a mob, see xp.
    Join group, kill a mob, see xp.
    ??
    I would try this tbh.
    It should show it in your combat log as you mentioned as: "Player gains 'X' experience ('Y' exp Refer-A-Friend bonus)".
    Maybe you are getting triple and the log is just bugged?

Although, triple exp vs regular exp is extremely noticeable so I'm sure you're leveling slow and this isn't the case.

So I called in to Blizzard and my accounts were in fact bugged. What was happening was that the rested XP bonus was frozen on both and not being overriden by the RAF bonus like it was supposed to. I wasn't getting the rested XP either. They had to refresh and relink both accounts to fix it, but it's now working. They said that this particular bug was new whatever it was, so we'll see if other people have similar issues.

Tripple XP broken

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    So I called in to Blizzard and my accounts were in fact bugged. What was happening was that the rested XP bonus was frozen on both and not being overriden by the RAF bonus like it was supposed to. I wasn't getting the rested XP either. They had to refresh and relink both accounts to fix it, but it's now working. They said that this particular bug was new whatever it was, so we'll see if other people have similar issues.
    I started a char with my wife 3 weeks ago, but now when we log in neither of us have the triple xp, I have logged both accounts on my pc to multi box and still no xp...
    1 We both level 15
    2 Both in the same group
    3 char on follow so 100 yards does not count
    and i am using rested Xp and not game triple xp, I have checked the xp without grouping up and its 720, while in group its still 720, and still 50xp a kill per mob so something is wrong and Blizz needs to open a blue post to help people sort this shit