Deleted

Insane Combustion damage on Amber-Shaper Un'sok

Hey there,

I wonder how combustion did such high damage on this boss without apparently reason (at least for me).

I think it's a bug because it happen only in today's logs but i'm wondering why it is so.

If anybody have an idea ;-)

Thank you

Deleted
    Might wanna link your log for that raid so that we can look at it.

Deleted
    This was like this on the beta aswell , bugged afaik.

I think it has something to do with the recent changes for garalon but im not sure.

The thing is that casting combustion on the boss just before the big add comes out and before the boss gets the 99% damage reduction buff makes it hit hard as shit on everything. I've seen our mage do 70mio only from combustion on this fight.

probably going to be hotfixed soon

Deleted
    i can't link logs cause of my lack of post, but just look at the top ten on world of logs

?? amber strike from amber mutation leaves 10% damage increase to that target. you probably had like 50 stacks which means boss takes 500% more damage taken hence boss burns really quickly
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    ?? amber strike from amber mutation leaves 10% damage increase to that target. you probably had like 50 stacks which means boss takes 500% more damage taken hence boss burns really quickly
    It's not the amber strikes. We're talking about combustions that tick for 7+ million dmg. We're talking about that the p2 add instantly dies and any tank, that is transformed and stands to close, with it.

i've seen this alot on that fight with rogue blade flurry suddenly hitting for 2million or even more

guess its a bug of some sort :P

Deleted
    I thought a bit about it and i think what's happening has to do with the recent change, that if you do damage on a target that takes reduced damage, the cleave will do normal damage on cleave targets.

There seems to be a few seconds when the boss is flagged as "taking reduced damage" but does not have his dmg reduce shield up yet. So the cleave that is done from him, will be multiplied to offset his 99% reduction shield that has yet to come up.
    Last edited by mmocd6ec2cafc0; 2012-11-11 at 11:01 PM.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3073&e=3304

log I did tonight with this bug....yeaaaaa

There was a lot of wtf to be had.
    Last edited by usiris; 2012-11-12 at 04:21 AM.

Deleted
    so do i understand this right? Combust @ ~71% and then spread to monstrosity when it comes?

Oki so, I had a feeling of what is happening and that log just proves it, and its combustion bugging so it will ignore the 99% less damage debuff if it is cast on before mostrosity spawns, but when you copy it as 99% debuff being active, making the combustion 100 times as strong as it should be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Oki so, I had a feeling of what is happening and that log just proves it, and its combustion bugging so it will ignore the 99% less damage debuff if it is cast on before mostrosity spawns, but when you copy it as 99% debuff being active, making the combustion 100 times as strong as it should be
    Couldn't have someone said it this simply earlier? nice interpretation. And yeah, it seems that there's a serious glitch in blizzard's matrix.

Deleted
    I just hope they dont hotfix this before tonights raid

Ah man i hope they dont hotfix it until i have done this boss
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

Did this boss last night, frapsed it and got a 70m combust

can't link since I have too few posts.

/watch?v=xw6cQVHShEY&feature=g-upl

worldoflogs .com/reports/rt-jp37vi4f26458mfa/dashboard/?s=6401&e=6740

Yeah I've been looking all around as to how those mages are logged as doing 7 million ticks on that fight, just amazing!
    So you're saying we should simply apply a strong combustion before the monstrosity spawns (boss ~71%), and then IB spread it to monstrosity?
    Thanks

If they don't hotfix it, then blizzard is crazy, that is serious OP dmg there. Nice work on the vid tho.

Deleted
    I guess the bug was hotfixed today. Does not work any longer from what I've heard?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    I guess the bug was hotfixed today. Does not work any longer from what I've heard?!
    Yep. Yesterday in our 25man raid i was doing 60-80mill combustions, so i know how to do it. Today we went 10man to clear up 6/6 and it did not work any more.

Its hotfixed. Lock post mod =)