Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    stampede fix/nerf. MM viable? (PVP)

    Hello. so stampede now does 75% less damage in Arenas & RBGs and no longer ignores resilience. this means that after the 75% nerf/fix they are doing 25% damage, and then 60% (if thats how much resil the target has) less, which is 15%.

    So basically stampede now does 90% less damage, and it seems nearly useless to me against most classes, since its easily CCed.

    So, is MM now viable, or how much more is needed?
    I'm considering to just roll MM now to get used to the playstyle in 5.1 again, but is it just impossible to play in arena at these times?

    I would ask on skillcapped through my friends account, but he says he's unable to post, so i hope i can find some PvP'ers on these forums aswell

  2. #2
    It's supposed to make every spec approximately equally viable. Play what you feel like playing.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    It's supposed to make every spec approximately equally viable. Play what you feel like playing.
    That's not exactly how the game is right now, however MM/BM will be on par after 5.1 where BM receives nerfs and MM receives buffs, i just wanted to ask people who have tried it

    also, high five on 221 posts for both of us ;>

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    415
    Blizzard fucked it up. Hunters are doing abosolutely no dmg in arena or in any pvp environment anymore.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Intoxicated View Post
    Blizzard fucked it up. Hunters are doing abosolutely no dmg in arena or in any pvp environment anymore.
    Honestly, this response was enough for me to go MM. not even kidding, thank you

  6. #6
    I've seen some MM hunters already at/around 2k.. After the "buffs" coming with 5.1 I'd think MM would be quite nice... Being able to move and cast Aimed Shot + CA being 80% again = GG

    MM is just very gear dependent, at least that's what most hunters are saying.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    Hello. so stampede now does 75% less damage in Arenas & RBGs and no longer ignores resilience. this means that after the 75% nerf/fix they are doing 25% damage, and then 60% (if thats how much resil the target has) less, which is 15%.

    So basically stampede now does 90% less damage, and it seems nearly useless to me against most classes, since its easily CCed.

    So, is MM now viable, or how much more is needed?
    I'm considering to just roll MM now to get used to the playstyle in 5.1 again, but is it just impossible to play in arena at these times?


    I would ask on skillcapped through my friends account, but he says he's unable to post, so i hope i can find some PvP'ers on these forums aswell
    It's my opinion that, if you have to ask questions like this, you will never arena at a level high enough for this issue to matter. The only conclusion I can come to after reading this is that you rely solely on being over-powered to play, rather than on any skill.
    Get used to playing what you're good at. Period.

  8. #8
    How do hunters compare to the likes of Warlocks with the double 150k crits?

  9. #9
    Until Steady Shot stops tickling people for 2k damage, and until Chimera Shot actually hits respectably/gets a decent utility/affect added to it then I don't see how MM will be viable.

    BM has Intimidation, Survival has Entrapment. Marksmanship has absolutely nothing. Choosing the spec just gives you nothing but Chimera Shot, Steady Shot and Aimed Shot. It's hardly considered a spec. It needs its old disarm back, or something useful on top of the damage boost.

  10. #10
    MM has not been viable for quite some time. The spec has no real damage and the steady focus/shot mechanic is outdated. Surv is a little bit better, but barely. There's a reason why everyone is playing BM (besides it being kind of brainless) and it's because it is the only spec that does any damage and/or has any burst. Blizz needs to fix the other two specs (or at least MM) so hunters will have a choice.

  11. #11
    High Overlord Ihazpaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Here... NO NOT THERE! I am HERE!1! >.<
    Posts
    115
    Well in 5.1 wrath no longer makes your pet immune to CC. Just works as a trinket. And if your opponents know anything about hunters they will hard CC your pet during wrath. specially since there is alot CC abilities in game atm that cannot be removed with mending glyph. So you lose your wrath and it becomes almost useless, ofc its still really nice extra trinket.

    MM is getting alot buff but as some ppl here already said it lacks burst and CC. Ofc MM have extra daze but its hardly CC compared to the BMs stun.
    I am just wondering why survi is shadow priest? Why they wanted dot instant caster instead of something nice like true trap master and survivalist...
    As I would like to see survi spec:

    Shorter CD on Camo and removes all dots.
    Healing herbs or Bandages that can be used in combat short CD heals % amount channeled.
    Maybe melee abilities are mainskills ranged just to add traps and long range dots like serpent sting and slow/root (conclusive shot transfers to the venomlike shot that roots or paralyzes target for a 1sec and slows down but is nature magic spell so can be removed with certain skills for sake of balance).
    No retarded skills like shadow arrow or whatever that horrible crap is. Instead lacerate back or something similar close range bleed or melee auto attack adds powerfull bleed that stacks liek 3-5 times and lasts 20-30sec so you basically hit in melee for few times and run away to use some ranged skills.
    Traps have really short CD and flametrap back thx with no CD and much higher dmg.
    And maybe something special for the tracking system.

    And so on.

    So it would feel like survivalist who uses traps and venoms to hunt its prey.
    Not retarded shadowpriest whos all skills can be dispelled every 6sec and thats it.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Until Steady Shot stops tickling people for 2k damage, and until Chimera Shot actually hits respectably/gets a decent utility/affect added to it then I don't see how MM will be viable.

    BM has Intimidation, Survival has Entrapment. Marksmanship has absolutely nothing. Choosing the spec just gives you nothing but Chimera Shot, Steady Shot and Aimed Shot. It's hardly considered a spec. It needs its old disarm back, or something useful on top of the damage boost.
    Was winning @ 2k mmr, as marks hunter, top damage.
    It's viable.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Demios View Post
    Was winning @ 2k mmr, as marks hunter, top damage.
    It's viable.
    Is winning at 2k MMR as a gimp spec supposed to be an accomplishment? Not to doubt your skills or anything (I don't even know you) but your anecdotal evidence/victory is not the measuring stick and is quite insignificant. The fact that you were topping damage as MM when you have a warrior on your team is laughable (really it is) and really isn't all that important. As it has been stated, the burst damage and the damage of the chimera/steady shots are the serious problems with the spec.

  14. #14
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dutch
    Posts
    164
    Played with it, does not seem to be viable for me. with BM i do more damage and have more utility, stun, second "trinket"
    We are in this game together, make it work.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    Is winning at 2k MMR as a gimp spec supposed to be an accomplishment? Not to doubt your skills or anything (I don't even know you) but your anecdotal evidence/victory is not the measuring stick and is quite insignificant. The fact that you were topping damage as MM when you have a warrior on your team is laughable (really it is) and really isn't all that important. As it has been stated, the burst damage and the damage of the chimera/steady shots are the serious problems with the spec.
    Aye it doesn't really do burst or sustained particularly well, but it's definately 2.2 viable that's for sure, probably glad if your playing with a good rdruid + warrior, but an increase on chim shot + steady shot would help thing's out for sure, and a look @ the 75 talent's, because none of them lend themselves to marks in pvp.

  16. #16
    What is viable though? You outskill your opponent 10-1 and grind out a win as MM. Is that viable? Call me crazy but I want an even playing field not to be gimped because I'd rather play a spec that doesn't rely so much on an NPC. I play MM and do fine with it but that doesn't make it viable in my eyes.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

    Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

    -Huainy

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    What is viable though? You outskill your opponent 10-1 and grind out a win as MM. Is that viable? Call me crazy but I want an even playing field not to be gimped because I'd rather play a spec that doesn't rely so much on an NPC. I play MM and do fine with it but that doesn't make it viable in my eyes.
    TBH depending on what pvp you do.
    If you do RBG's sustained aoe cleave + single target pressure is best.
    In 2v2 BM is still king unless you play with a healer then imo marks is better.
    In 3v3 marks is best imo, bm brings better burst but marks is better overall, good for hard swaps everytime you get instant aimed shot, shit like that + extra CC from crane pet.
    In random bgs just go bm, its best for solo play.
    This is what i've felt anyways, been @ 1.9 in 2s and 2k mmr in 3s playing kfc.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    And if your opponents know anything about hunters they will hard CC your pet during wrath. specially since there is alot CC abilities in game atm that cannot be removed with mending glyph. So you lose your wrath and it becomes almost useless, ofc its still really nice extra trinket.
    really? i dought that is very intelligent. I guess the pet will be passive CCd, slows /imobilizes etc
    whats the point in e.g. sheeping the pet? you still have the hunter spamming arcane shots at you. if you CC the hunter, you have a pet autoattacking you, thats it...

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral Imbashiethz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,164
    I hope MM or Surv becomes really good specs in 5.1, I really hate relying on a pet this much. I want to do damage, I dont want my pet do do 90% of my damage.

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,915
    MM Damage is way too low.

    Aimed Shot hits for nothing, Watching Zumio's video about MM changes you can see that Aimed shot crits for a measly 30k on Plate+Resi with CDs up... 30k crit for 50 Focus, Hunters are fine™ as usual...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •