Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Baine Bloodhoof Fearbreaker

So at least in the PTR, Baine still is holding Fearbreaker at his side, even though in Lore Anduin is given it back by Jaina. I feel like Baine's character model should be changed so he doesn't hold Fearbreaker anymore and instead holds another weapon. If anyone here is still playing WoW please post a forum to Blizzard and then post it here. Thanks very much!

Let me rephrase since some people don't seem to understand-Fearbreaker was given to Baine in The Shattering. In cata he has it rightfully. In MoP since he just gave it back to Anduin in Tides of War, he should no longer carry it since he no longer has it.

The weapon Baine is currently using in Thunderbluff, the mace, IS FEARBREAKER. The art for Fearbreaker is incorrect, there are other drawings done with him carrying the actual model of Fearbreaker
    Even if this is just a placeholder for Fearbreaker I believe it should STILL be removed since Fearbreaker does not currently belong to Baine.
    Last edited by zanzan28; 2012-11-03 at 10:16 PM.

Deleted
    I think a more important issue would be is Fearbreaker ever going to have any plot significance beyond being passed back and forth between different characters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't be the first time the quest designers and world team and the lore team got their wires crossed--for much of Wrath, Varian dual-wielded Quel'Serrar and later his SUPERSPECIALWESOME elven greatsword thingy whose name I never cared enough to learn 'til the devs realized that they goofed and he was only supposed to have one of them.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Re-forge the spear of Mulgore as a fuck you to Garrosh is surely the only answer.

In Tides of War novel, Fearbreaker was given back to Baine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he's ever held fear breaker in-game. If he's holding it now then it's new, which is stupid -_-
    Can you provide me with a screenshot of him on the PTR?

This is what it's looked like in art - http://www.wowpedia.org/images/0/04/...rsBeforeUs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I don't think he's ever held fear breaker in-game. If he's holding it now then it's new, which is stupid -_-
    Initially he didn't, but it was patched in sometime later, they should give him his spear back ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Initially he didn't, but it was patched in sometime later, they should give him his spear back ;P
    I'm confused . He still doesn't have Fearbreaker in Live, so are you referring to the PTR?

As an off note I'm always a little peeved that all of the greatest Dwarven weapons have yet to really be used by the Alliance, let alone the Dwarves. I want Muradin with a bad ass hammer on Pandaria!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually believe he has it in both.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 06:00 PM ----------

This is Baine in Thunderbluff currently. He is also using this same model in the PTR, I believe they should change it so he is no longer carrying fear breaker.

I'm confused . He still doesn't have Fearbreaker in Live, so are you referring to the PTR?

As an off note I'm always a little peeved that all of the greatest Dwarven weapons have yet to really be used by the Alliance, let alone the Dwarves. I want Muradin with a bad ass hammer on Pandaria!
    I have been in thunderbluff just yesterday and i am quite certain he has fearbreaker, I'll go take a look.

Yep he has fearbreaker.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    In Tides of War novel, Fearbreaker was given back to Baine.
    This is wrong. The opposite happened. Baine gave BACK Fearbreaker in Tides of War.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I have been in thunderbluff just yesterday and i am quite certain he has fearbreaker, I'll go take a look.
    I was in Thunder Bluff 5 mins ago and he didn't have it .

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    He DOES have it. People just don't understand that the mace he is carrying IS FEARBREAKER

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    I actually believe he has it in both.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 06:00 PM ----------

This is Baine in Thunderbluff currently. He is also using this same model in the PTR, I believe they should change it so he is no longer carrying fear breaker. --Picture Snip--
    That's not Fearbreaker.

These are examples of Fearbreaker

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...1&d=1346518149
    http://www.wowpedia.org/images/0/04/...rsBeforeUs.jpg
    http://www.wow4newbies.com.br/wp-con...odhoof_TCG.jpg

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 10:07 PM ----------

He DOES have it. People just don't understand that the mace he is carrying IS FEARBREAKER
    Unless it transforms then it's not Fearbreaker on live.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not Fearbreaker.

These are examples of Fearbreaker

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...1&d=1346518149
    http://www.wowpedia.org/images/0/04/...rsBeforeUs.jpg
    http://www.wow4newbies.com.br/wp-con...odhoof_TCG.jpg

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 10:07 PM ----------

Unless it transforms then it's not Fearbreaker on live.
    That is not Blizzards interpretation of Fearbreaker. Their's is the one he is currently using.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is not Blizzards interpretation of Fearbreaker. Their's is the one he is currently using.
    Eh? The one's in the art are Fear breaker. The live one is obviously not it because it looks so different and doesn't look Dwarven made and doesn't look like a Dwarf could hold it.

Those pictures are all Blizzard's btw. Two of them are even on the damn official site, the other one being from the official TCG.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-03 at 10:11 PM.

The second one's the art they used for Baine's short story on their website, drawn by the same artist that did the rest of the art for them, and Vol'jin's concept art for his novel. Sure, you could say that that does not make it canon (and frankly, I don't know if the art is just random fan-art, or if the artist was commissioned), but the mace he wields in-game looks more like a place-holder weapon, seeing as it bears no resemblance to adwarven weapon whatsoever.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then please ask Blizzard if he is using Fearbreaker or not. Cause they added that mace with him for a reason, he was using giant sticks like his father during the cata events. If it's not significant why add it?

10+ Year Old Account
    The generic weapon that his model wields? Totally. Personally I think the current mace he is wielding is a placeholder for when they get around to making a model for Baine, when the time comes to have him take a very involved role in the expansion's story.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-11-03 at 10:14 PM.

Then please ask Blizzard if he is using Fearbreaker or not. Cause they added that mace with him for a reason, he was using giant sticks like his father during the cata events. If it's not significant why add it?
    It's probably a placeholder. There's plenty of them around, especially if they're intending to update a model and simply haven't gotten around to it yet. If it's not a placeholder, it could just be some random mace. If it IS Fearbreaker, then I still don't understand why you're asking that it be removed. It'd be like asking Blizzard to remove Arthas from Northrend because he's dead. Most of World of Warcraft is stuck in the past.