Poll: would you do dailys if you didn't have to unlock your valor gear?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I love Tillers and Anglers dailies and their rewards.
    Only did Lotus to revered for their Valor items and to unlock the others.
    Did Cloud Serp for the mount riding.
    I'm doing Klaxxi for the Wakener title.
    Not sure about Shado and Celest, only had them for a couple of days so far.
    I'll probably get them all to Revered, and just not bother unless I need easy Valor caps/gold. And in 5.1 just do it when I can be bothered.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they have mounts?

Yes?

Then I'd do them. Not every day perhaps, but multiple times a week. Look at the tourney dailies, people STILL do those for mounts and pets. I still have to go back and do those for some mounts and pets! Hell, I'll be back in Tol Barad once MoP dies down a bit to finish off a mount there.

The valor gear just makes me feel obligated to do them every day so I can be geared and ready for raid ASAP.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Agreed on the Klaxxi island, always hated getting that. Those rock worms and shackled Tauren guys always seem to fuck me with their quest drops, takes like 30 kills to get the items lol.
    That, I think, is fucking stupid. Drop rates for daily quests should NEVER be that low. Why the fuck would shackles be rare on shackled yaungol? THEY'RE ALL FREAKING SHACKLED! And why do so many mushan lack tongues? And why are there so many turtles without meat?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I still do them because I'm not exalted with every faction yet, but I'm nearing exalted with Shado-pan (2-3 days left), but August Celestials is still a little ways down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    That, I think, is fucking stupid. Drop rates for daily quests should NEVER be that low. Why the fuck would shackles be rare on shackled yaungol? THEY'RE ALL FREAKING SHACKLED! And why do so many mushan lack tongues? And why are there so many turtles without meat?
    Indeed, if they want to make the quests artificially longer they should just increase the amount of bear asses we need to gather so we still feel like we're progressing instead of relying on rng to drop said asses. I can understand using that system when you need to get a pristine bear ass (not every bear wipes like a champ) but shackled yaungols shouldn't be allowed to melt their shackles while I'm furiously beating on them. I mean it's supposed to be shackles, how else are they disposing of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpy1091 View Post
    Indeed, if they want to make the quests artificially longer they should just increase the amount of bear asses we need to gather so we still feel like we're progressing instead of relying on rng to drop said asses. I can understand using that system when you need to get a pristine bear ass (not every bear wipes like a champ) but shackled yaungols shouldn't be allowed to melt their shackles while I'm furiously beating on them. I mean it's supposed to be shackles, how else are they disposing of them?
    Perhaps the character is accidentally destroying them in the process of killing them. But yeah, it is a stupid system.

Dailies suck and I never even do them.

I hit golden lotus friendly(for rings) and never even touched them

Nope. I don't even do them now. I have no intentions of progression raiding and therefore could not care less about having top-of-the-line gear, so I currently don't do dailies, and I sure as hell wouldn't waste my time doing them if there was just rep and gold. I firmly believe Blizzard will cave eventually and put in rep tabards or something, and only then will I bother with the occasional daily, and even then just for the mounts.

Deleted
    keeps me busy, so i do ones of factions wih which im exalted

Went partially into Golden Lotus, maybe.. 2 days? Gave up cause I got the Ruby Panther and was only going to do dailies for the mounts.

I'm fine with just full heroic gear. I only solo old shit and (did) pvp anyway!
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would do dailies if they weren't so boring and if questing up to 90 wasn't also so boring. The questing up to 90 is like 95% kill and collect quests, their so little variety. By the time I hit 90 having to do that on a daily basis is like pulling teeth. They also need to be more rewarding. Cloud flying faction has the best dailies imho. They grant so much rep per quest turn in.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    No I wouldn't. I hadn't done any daillies up till now and I've played since before they were introduced to the game.

I'm curious whether the next tier will simply hand out gear through the current vendors (thus still making those reps important), or if it will be a new rep grind.

Either way, dailies are just like any other quest. They have no real replay value, and fall into 'chore' status extremely quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Would you have done dailys if you didn't have to unlock your valor gear?

I was just kind of curious what people thought. I would do them anyway expecially if I like the end reward. What about you.
    Yes... cause I'm a rep and mount fanatic... and I want the kite mount.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few of the dailies I don't mind doing, but I am struggling to get Klaxxi and Lotus to exalted. They just seem to be taking such a long time. Celestials, Tillers and Anglers are still fun to me and Shao Pan is still new but Klaxxi and Lotus I have been doing since I reached 90 and it is getting to a point where I am burning out on them.

Would I do them if they didn't give me valor gear? Yes. Klaxxi gave me BS plans and the mount seems cool. Lotus unlocks other reps and also has a mount. The dailies are also a ton more fun than they were and they all give valor points and tokens to get three re-rolling coins a week. Those are worth the grind alone.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

10+ Year Old Account
    after the beginning of expan when i'm in get all the achievements mode. i didn't even do the dailys to unlock the valor gear, i didn't agree to play in mists to have a job. so i only did/do the tillers and anglers screw the others till i feel like doing them. though i do wish i did them for patterns and such. /shrug to late now.
    I'd torture a thousand souls just to see her smile.

If they only gave their vanity rewards I'd probably do them but only work on 1-2 at a time. But I guess that's what I'm doing now anyways. Essentially I just do Golden Lotus and Tillers and I don't even do them every day.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i voted no because i absolutely loathe dailies. i guess you could discredit my vote since im currently not playing but given my past experiences i only did them if there was something i really really wanted. for example i only ever bothered with netherwing dailies because i wanted the mount, other than that i avoided them like the plague.

i suspect it would be the same way in MoP since all i really care about is pvping. unless theres a decent weapon/trinket/ring from rep, then i would feel obliged to do them, kinda how the sword from tol'barad was decent for entry level pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I would slowly do them over several months, but the way it is now you feel forced to do them every day.
    pretty much this, and I thinki thats how dailys should be in the first place. Nothing that gives you power and feel mandatory to do it as fast as you can, but something you achieve in a long run.

If it wasn't necessary for valor gear and charms of fortune, no I never would bother. (other than cloud serpent/tillers)

Deleted
    add a mount section plz