Poll: would you do dailys if you didn't have to unlock your valor gear?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Would you do Dailys...

Would you have done dailys if you didn't have to unlock your valor gear?

I was just kind of curious what people thought. I would do them anyway expecially if I like the end reward. What about you.

Probably, but not everyday. If there was any vanity/transmog gear (like the straw hat i spent 2 days getting from Old Hillpaw) then it would depend on the item where I focused my efforts.

Occasionally, but not every day.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    exactly my thoughts
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

I would slowly do them over several months, but the way it is now you feel forced to do them every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I don't do them now so I would have to go with a big resounding no.

I would still do them as I like seeing rep bars fill up and 'completing' the reps. However, I would not feel as bad with missing a day or two of various groups.

Deleted
    They should've give us rep points at start instead of grinding at 90. But every rep grind to exalted, for me, is just for the mounts. I get gear by heroics and lfr/normal mode raids. Only rep I focus on atm is the serpent riders. Rest is for when I don't have to /afk in cities...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    this entirely, which is pretty much how I do it now.

I have always been a fan of dailies, but not to this extent.

Before this expansion, is was not uncommon for me to do 25 dailies a day. But that was just for pets or vanity gear. I suppose when you tie dailies into faction rep and BiS pre-raid gear, it sort of takes the fun out of doing them for your own pleasure.

I did it for the rep, the Pandaren Abassador achieve and the kite that went with it (realm first too). Now that I'm done I'll be farming my VP off dungeons and raids, especially with the additional lfr raids and the ~33% boost blizzard have now given to VP rewards.

I've done many reputation grinds that had no viable gear reward such as the Netherwing. I would do them all, for sure. Hell, not all the reps give you valor gear and I'm still working on finishing all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate dailies, but at least they are getting better (as in different everyday).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a rep junkie, so unfortunately I do them despite.

I think it's all about rewards. It doesn't necessarily need to be gear at all, I for one raise every Pandaria faction to exalted for their mounts (182 and counting...), since I raid in a guild valor gear is a rather unrelevant reward.

But, if you'd rephrase the question into "would you do dailies if there were absolutely null rewards" ... hell no I wouldn't. And not because I "hate" them. Just because they provide no substance, no real replay value. It simply wouldn't be worth the time. So much more enjoyable things to do out there.

Deleted
    Even with the gear being unlocked by dailies, I waited with them until I had lore walker of pandaria. I still skip occasionally, but ok. Too bad they didn't wait a week or 3-4 before unlocking dailies.

Im still doing them for the gear. If they didn't give gear I'd probably do Tillers everyday and the others very sparingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can barely get myself to do another 4-5 days of Shado-Pan for my trinket, but I didn't mind Serpent/Angler/Tillers and pushed those all the way to exalted. It all depends on how terrible the quests are designed. All of the Golden Lotus, Shado-Pan and the island for Klaxxi are the worst, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    I can barely get myself to do another 4-5 days of Shado-Pan for my trinket, but I didn't mind Serpent/Angler/Tillers and pushed those all the way to exalted. It all depends on how terrible the quests are designed. All of the Golden Lotus, Shado-Pan and the island for Klaxxi are the worst, in my opinion.
    Agreed on the Klaxxi island, always hated getting that. Those rock worms and shackled Tauren guys always seem to fuck me with their quest drops, takes like 30 kills to get the items lol.

If they only awarded pets/mounts/vanity items/transmog gear sure, maybe not every day but i'd get exalted with every faction eventually. Now it just feels mandatory to be able to use your points, on every toons, and I have a ton. As it is, I loathe dailies with a passion