Poll: would you do dailys if you didn't have to unlock your valor gear?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I would slowly do them over several months, but the way it is now you feel forced to do them every day.
    If you've felt forced enough you should only have 4 dailys left to do each day by now.

My reason was not an option I noticed - the main reason I've stuck with dailies the way I have is for the recipes I want/need from Shado-Pan and August Celestials. Gear's nice and helpful, but there are other options.

I do resent that they locked such a variety of rewards behind the reputation grinds, but I can understand why they've done so. Doesn't mean I have to be ecstatic about the grind itself. It has made grouping for the Dailies a great deal more satisfying, though, so perhaps that was something they wanted to encourage without having to explicitly state it - but after the way they've clearly resisted allowing a Raid to work on quests together, that's probably very unlikely. I also resent the way they seem to like pitting players of the same faction against one another; it's bred a very unwelcoming community.

Needs a "Yes, but only for the mounts" option

10+ Year Old Account
    There should be another option. I would still do dailies, but not necessarily daily. Dailies like cloud serpent, tillers, hell even brawlers guild (up until that shit blew a gasket) are all side factions that have fun things to unlock. The mounts from the klaxxi are fun to unlock. Those kinds of incentives would make it so that I would casually do dailies that I wanted to do and have fun..have purpose.

As it stands right now I feel like I'm doing 2 hours of dailies to....unlock the vendors that stand in stormwind's old town district selling justice and valor gear. Literally..thats what I feel I'm doing. Unlocking valor npcs. But not only am I unlocking them but I still have to find time to grind for the currency in order for them to even be of any use. So at the end of my daily/grind run I've achieved very little besides a sore ass from being forced to sit through all of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted yes but I don't do them every day and often I pick the dailies that I'll do.

I've NEVER done dailies every day and there's no reason to start now. I like quests though so dailies are very much a part of my game.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Rep is a grind whether it is killing Ogres in Nagrand or doing dailies. At least the dailies switch it up a bit.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would still do them but probably one faction a day instead of multiple a day

i have to do them for valor gear yet i dont even have 1 faction on exalted (not counting those fishmen in jade forest and lorewalkers)

10+ Year Old Account
    I gues I'll eventually end up with exalted status with them all. But there are only few I actually enjoy doing... Tillers (and finding mud piles OMG ITS SO MUCH FUN!!!) and I think August Celestials often are the ones I do. Now that I have almost all reputation on revered I dont do them all daily. I try to get myself to do some... but.. its just too much work. Id like to do other stuff in game aswell, after work and before raid ._.

I am focused on celestials now cause of the bag pattern. WOOP 28slots here I come..

Deleted
    I'm a bit OCD about empty rep bars, so I do them anyways, valor gear is just an added bonus

Deleted
    I always try to do them every day, i never skipped a cloud serpent day, probably 4 days of Lotus, 1 day Shado-Pan and Celestials, other ones (Tillers, Anglers, Klaxxi) i might do after i'm done with shado-pan, never really got the time to do them and i'm Neutral with Anglers so dont know how to unlock their dailies.

However i am sure going to do Dominance Offensive in 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    There should be another option. I would still do dailies, but not necessarily daily. Dailies like cloud serpent, tillers, hell even brawlers guild (up until that shit blew a gasket) are all side factions that have fun things to unlock. The mounts from the klaxxi are fun to unlock. Those kinds of incentives would make it so that I would casually do dailies that I wanted to do and have fun..have purpose.

As it stands right now I feel like I'm doing 2 hours of dailies to....unlock the vendors that stand in stormwind's old town district selling justice and valor gear. Literally..thats what I feel I'm doing. Unlocking valor npcs. But not only am I unlocking them but I still have to find time to grind for the currency in order for them to even be of any use. So at the end of my daily/grind run I've achieved very little besides a sore ass from being forced to sit through all of it.
    When you do the dailies you get capped automatically when you do all dailies available and when you get exalted with Tillers, Anglers and Cloud Serpents and stop doing their dailies you already unlocked Shado-Pan and August Celestial so that you can still cap your valor completely with doing dailies.

When it's just about gear you need to do Golden Lotus and Klaxxi at start which can be done in like 30 minutes and after that you can do dungeons, scenarios or raids to cap valor. Do their dailies for some weeks and you unlocked their valor gear and Shado-Pan and August Celestial. Once you unlocked them you can stop doing GL and Klaxxi and SP and AC take maybe also just 30 minutes to complete and you need to do it for some weeks. It only takes 2 months to get all reps to exalted and in the first week you can only get 1000 VP so earliest in the second week you can buy something and by that time you're already honored with GL or Klaxxi to buy a ring, a necklace or a cape. The next week you can buy another piece and the week after that another one and by that time you're revered with Klaxxi and (when you got some keys) with GL so that you can buy other pieces and start doing SP and AC. You'll get honored with SP just after some days and after 2 weeks you're revered. So by now you already unlocked almost all valor gear and you have only 4 dailies left to do each day for maybe 3 weeks until you're revered.

It isn't really a lot of work like people say. You don't have to do all dailies because there are only 2 factions at the same time unlocked that have gated gear for VP. Yes it takes about 2h if you do all dailies available but then you don't have to do anything else because you will get capped by just doing dailies.

MoP is out for 6 weeks and I started a monk at release and I'm already exalted with GL, Klaxxi, Tillers, Anglers and Cloud Serpents, revered with SP and honored with AC. SP will take another 2 weeks until exalted and AC maybe 3-4 weeks. So when you played your old character or leveled faster than me you're already exalted with everyone except maybe AC (you could have farmed a rare mob that drops an item that increased rep with all Pandaria factions by 1000 without CD).

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    I also resent the way they seem to like pitting players of the same faction against one another; it's bred a very unwelcoming community.
    What does this mean? I see nothing different in terms of the new dailies and older dailies.

People are so dumb about dailies -_-

Ok lets see....when you ding, if it was your first lvl90 ofc, you "have" to do Golden Lotus and Klaxi dailies for gear, thats it! You also don't get whole Hubs unlocked at the start. You keep doing them, by the time you get revered with GL (how long it takes...dunno ~10days...w/e) and unlock Shado Pan/Celestials, you don't have to do GL/Klaxi anymore.
    Shado pan, i got valor rewards unlocked, and i did shado pan dailies i think like 3 days....
    And i am only doing Celestials still....

P.S We are talking about VP gear here.
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Deleted
    It is highly unlikely that I would do the dailies religiously if I did not have to acquire better gear from them. The only thing that would make me do them would be for some of the mounts at Exalted, but even then I would take it easy and just do them whenever I felt like it. What is interesting is going by the number of threads and posts on a daily basis, nobody likes the endless rep grind they have to do with these dailies. But when you look at the results so far, nearly half of people say they do it just for the rep. A paradox if you ask me .

Yes, i'm an achievement ho and love to do such things as grinding reputation.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels entirely too mandatory as it is, I wouldn't do them period ideally.

ive got to exalted with cloud serphant, anglers and tillers and once im finished maxing out all the people in halfhill i might continue with the others once in a while but not every day.

Deleted
    If they would still reward the mount and other fun things, then yes, as that's exactly why I do them now. I don't need valor gear.

I would do them - rep junkie, plus most of them lead to cool mounts and pets (win!)