Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    It's just your brain subconsciously processing information and reaching a conclusion about impending disaster/fortune before you realised it consciously.
    This combined with the fact that people remember when a prediction comes true and forgot all the times they don't, which makes them seem more special to some people.

Deleted
    I had such feelings, but, thankfully, they never turned out to happen.

I can't imagine how I would feel if those feelings or premonitions would become true. :/

i think it is simply confirmation bias. you quickly forget the times you "had a bad feeling" and nothing happened, and play up the times that it proved accurate. it's human nature

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    This combined with the fact that people remember when a prediction comes true and forgot all the times they don't, which makes them seem more special to some people.
    That might be true, I could have forgotten the times before this and if I recall there are times when I get that gut scared premonition feeling over nothing, but it's usually when things just have an eerie tone to them.

I could be overreacting to mine, except for the fact it keeps on looking to be more and more correct.

Deleted
    I sometimes have dreams that turn out true, but I never know which dreams are the ones that will turn true and which are not. The ones that turn true are like 1/100 anyway.

I got this really strange gut feeling on a night out. I was walking towards the bar to meet my mates, and I felt really paranoid and insecure all of a sudden. Felt like something bad was going to happen. Get to the bar and I see my ex of three years kissing her new boyfriend. Another occasion was when I was invited to a chinese with my family. Got that same gloomy feeling and decided not to go. Parents came back with food poisoning after eating the same thing I would have (Chilli Shredded Beef).