Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

assassination - any certain number of haste to get before all mastery?

is there a set number of haste i should get to before going all mastery?

No. Rogues don't have haste breakpoints.

Combat has a breakpoint where 2 Haste becomes>1 Agi, but for Assassination, you simply stack Mastery.

That's not really a breakpoint. If you have enough gear for 2 Haste to be > 1 Agi, then you can do that to get a little more damage in a single target fight with little to no swapping. A breakpoint would be, at 3321 haste you get an extra tick of deadly poison, and haste is worth 1.3 before that and 1.11 after that.

Deleted
    I love assasination rogue, finaly we are awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePvPremade View Post
    I love assasination rogue, finaly we are awesome
    You love using 3 buttons ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Exactly, I've keybinded everything to all my other wireless mouse buttons so I don't even need to get out of bed to play.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mutilate, Dispatch, Rupture, Slice and Dice, Envenom, and then Expose Armor, Recuperate and Crimson Blades is more than 3 buttons.

Sorry that the spec has a lot of downtime, but blame Mutilate's 55 Energy cost.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Mutilate, Dispatch, Rupture, Slice and Dice, Envenom, and then Expose Armor, Recuperate and Crimson Blades is more than 3 buttons.

Sorry that the spec has a lot of downtime, but blame Mutilate's 55 Energy cost.
    SnD you use once per fight, shouldn't be required to use Expose Armor, Nor Recuperate, Nor Crimson Blades on most bosses.

Mutilate, Dispatch, Rupture, Envenom are our damage dealing spells. I guess i'm corrected then: 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    SnD you use once per fight, shouldn't be required to use Expose Armor, Nor Recuperate, Nor Crimson Blades on most bosses.
    We're the best class to apply Weakened Armor, Recuperate is used when a target dies with CPs on it and Redirect on CD and when there's plenty on the S&D clock, and Crimson Blades is best in AoE situations with about 5 targets once Rupture's on 2 targets.

I'm sorry that I actually use all the tools in my toolbox.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Expose Armor adds a combo point, and yields more than enough damage over the 30-second 12%-less-armor debuff to mitigate the loss of a dozen or more GCDs.
    Not to mention the fact that you have 9 or more other people in the raid that could use that debuff to their advantages.

Our Haste (even at strong gear levels) is not high enough to begin calling it a DPS loss to lose that GCD. No, we are not REQUIRED to do it, but if we are the best, most reliable way to keep it up in our raid, then that is the way to go.

For example, I've got a Fury warrior in my current raid. Since they don't have a reliable way to get Weakened Armor up quickly, I do it with Expose Armor (glyphed) to make sure it gets up quickly and stays up on whatever target we (the melee DPS) move to.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Deleted
    We're the best class to apply Weakened Armor, Recuperate is used when a target dies with CPs on it and Redirect on CD and when there's plenty on the S&D clock, and Crimson Blades is best in AoE situations with about 5 targets once Rupture's on 2 targets.

I'm sorry that I actually use all the tools in my toolbox.
    Hunter's don't lose any DPS from using the pet to Expose Armor so wouldn't they be the best class?
    Yes you use recuperate if a mob dies with CDs but how many fights are there where adds are constantly dieing? A couple yes but not many.
    Redirect yes maybe 2-3 times a fight, again fight dependent.
    Crimson Blades yes maybe 1-2 times a fight, again fight dependent.

Sorry I didn't include the abilities we use a few times per encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter's don't lose any DPS from using the pet to Expose Armor so wouldn't they be the best class?
    It takes a Raptor 12s to stack Weakened Armor up to 3 stacks, whereas we do it in 1s and get all 3 stacks up, and I don't think a Raptor is the best pet for all Hunters when some specs get more out of increased magic damage instead.

It's not that difficult to hit one button once every 30s for vast non-personal DPS gains.

Plenty of fights where there are adds constantly dying. Last boss of Brewery. Snowdrift. Gandling. Gekkan. I could go on.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    It takes a Raptor 12s to stack Weakened Armor up to 3 stacks, whereas we do it in 1s and get all 3 stacks up, and I don't think a Raptor is the best pet for all Hunters when some specs get more out of increased magic damage instead.

It's not that difficult to hit one button once every 30s for vast non-personal DPS gains.

Plenty of fights where there are adds constantly dying. Last boss of Brewery. Snowdrift. Gandling. Gekkan. I could go on.
    First point is valid although the hunters i'm talking to say its not a DPS loss, also - why are you even talking about dungeon bosses?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you even talking about dungeon bosses?!
    Because raid bosses are just more difficult versions of these, and you learn to use your toolbox in dungeons.

EDIT: Also, raid bosses aren't the only things in WoW.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2012-11-05 at 12:58 AM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: Also, raid bosses aren't the only things in WoW.
    This pretty much invalidates everything you've said. If you're talking about PVE, you're talking about normal and heroic raids. Even casuals don't fear dungeons since Caterclysm.

God I hope that caster dagger in your sig is a joke.

Because raid bosses are just more difficult versions of these, and you learn to use your toolbox in dungeons.
    This is like saying piloting an F-16 is a more difficult version of riding a bike.
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2012-11-05 at 02:26 PM.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    This pretty much invalidates everything you've said. If you're talking about PVE, you're talking about normal and heroic raids. Even casuals don't fear dungeons since Cataclysm.

God I hope that caster dagger in your sig is a joke.
    No, it isn't. It replaced a 420-odd green and because of the DPS caster weapons do now (as opposed to Cataclsym) it was an upgrade. I've not played WoW since as I'm visiting my other half and as such the dagger stays (until I get an upgrade, of course).

And you forgot about LFR and LFD and... oh wait, I was talking about LFD anyway. I'm sorry that you draw your arbitrary line at Normal raiding, but there's no reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    This is like saying piloting an F-16 is a more difficult version of riding a bike.
    It is, except you've exaggerated your analogy whereas my comparison is much closer than that. Maybe a better comparison would be a motorcycle to a bicycle.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

No, it isn't. It replaced a 420-odd green and because of the DPS caster weapons do now (as opposed to Cataclsym) it was an upgrade. I've not played WoW since as I'm visiting my other half and as such the dagger stays (until I get an upgrade, of course).

And you forgot about LFR and LFD and... oh wait, I was talking about LFD anyway. I'm sorry that you draw your arbitrary line at Normal raiding, but there's no reason to.

It is, except you've exaggerated your analogy whereas my comparison is much closer than that. Maybe a better comparison would be a motorcycle to a bicycle.
    dungeons/heroics arent pve in my opinion. its just some place that u get in and aoe it till the end. u cant compare a 2 mins "boss" fight where u pretty much nuke to a 10 mins encounter with 25 (or 10) ppl and tons of shits happenin arround you at the same time. its like to compare the difficulty of heroic shado'pan to lets say heroic lich king (i can go further back) 25 or even 10...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wangsta View Post
    dungeons/heroics arent pve in my opinion. its just some place that u get in and aoe it till the end. u cant compare a 2 mins "boss" fight where u pretty much nuke to a 10 mins encounter with 25 (or 10) ppl and tons of shits happenin arround you at the same time. its like to compare the difficulty of heroic shado'pan to lets say heroic lich king (i can go further back) 25 or even 10...
    There's your arbitrary line. Sorry, it is PvE, because players go into the instance and fight against the environment created by Blizzard.

You can easily compare the two because you just did. Uncasked Heroic is an easier version of Halfus Normal, for example.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

tbh mate the people that actually do PVE use heroics and such just to chill...but if u call heroics hard and challenging then...meh....