Trying to make gold as LW/Skinner but

Im kept being undercutted on my server by 10-100g under the orginal prices (Leg enchantments/pvp gears) >.< and also my raid supplies costing me MORE than i make pisses me off and making me lose interest in the game together and also trying to save upto 30-50k for Tiger Deck for my monk

Deleted
    Undercutting ALWAYS happens.

You either learn to live with it/work around it....or you get the hump and give up

10+ Year Old Account
    Find out the mat costs for what you're making, add 10g and put it up for that. At that price VERY few people will bother selling, and there'll be more people willing to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Find out the mat costs for what you're making, add 10g and put it up for that. At that price VERY few people will bother selling, and there'll be more people willing to buy.
    What is the point of that? 10g is less than the AH cut, he'd literally be expending effort to lose money. Any sane competition would just buy him out and relist. While there's certainly a grey area that most people won't undercut below it's generally still above cost and you have to sit in it for what can be a very long time to really drive out the competition, you don't make any substantial gold while that is happening, and it's really only effective if you're also cornering the market on mats as well to limit supply. I'd advise doing it for something like glyphs/gems, but not on items that take spirits, they're too difficult to source to throw away like that, and it's too easy to be bought out. It doesn't sound like that would be a viable strat for this guy though.

OP, try circumventing the AH by advertising in trade (works very well for all of the spirit based epics for LW), or find something that nobody else is making/farming and sell that instead. Adaptability combined with good knowledge of your server economy is the key to making gold.

Well im thinkin of dumping LW/Skinning into Inscribe/herbing or herb/alchy

Deleted
    You dont really sound as though you have much determination or understand about the AH much. What windfury said is the correct strategy, but what mehamn said is also a strategy you can follow, but its better if you have farmed your own mats and are willing to use the items as an experiment i.e accept a much lower price.

Inscriber herbing is doing ok for the herbing side and the inscriber side is only making substantial amounts from dmf. Prices are falling fast. As LW is such a pain to level then I would use any new professions on a new character. An inscriber will take a good few months to do all the research to get all the glyphs.

The 476 leather/mail chests are still going for 13-15k on my server. I have all 16 spots on my farm unlocked and make Motes with all of them every day. That plus a Spirit or two here and there from dailies, you should be able to craft one every 4-5 days. Granted it isn't a lot compared to many people, but I've made close to 100k gold from LW alone so far this xpac.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Remember the 5% Ah cut, so you don't end actually losing money.

The AH needs more people to quit easily.

Well my stuff isnt being sold had some blue craftable gear made (legs/chest/shoulders) and none of them being sold and im down to 1k-2k gold cant afford raid pots or anything like that help !!!!

With only one proffession or two and no gold you need to start low. Get mining and/or herbing build a capital and expand, getting recipies from rep start selling those. with low investment comes low profit, but it will expand. you need to get capital and the only win win situation is either watch the AH for stupid posts or stuff to DE and sell, powerlevel mats are allways in demand and make good profit or get youre booty out farming! yes, all this is not with LW im afraid, which i said, lw isnt the cashflow and really never have been

Only relying on cup items isnt going to get you anywhere, LW isnt known for its high profit either, you got to find those small things and add them up, for example, Netherweave bags, while its not much gold, they cost 5g to make an go for 40g so sell 10 of those theres 350 profit, now find 50 of those small things and then have 10 big things out, it will be better.

People making 10-50k gold a day have several hondred auctions and/or know the AH economy and well, relisting 1-2 times a day or more. farming spirits. generally just play alot got ALL proffessions on alts, and providing each other. Mostly this was a bit exhaggirated but was to show the point. When I started seriously in Cata to make gold, it was with JC and mining, and getting 3 red cuts, and from there it expanded fast, and i dropped mining after a while, but thats how I had to start, I couldnt afford to buy 100 stacks of ore then which you can after a while.

(EDIT: I have edited to much, this is a mess spellwise and such)
    Last edited by Solidhype; 2012-11-06 at 09:53 AM.