Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    If it turns out I am a bad player, ok. I try my best if it's not good enough I did all I could and so am not fussed at all. Only children worry about such things. I play the guitar too, and I am not good enough at that to entertain anyone but myself. Such is life. I always thought I was medicore, it's not a huge step to go from there to being bad.

Given most raider can]t even get to the dance though, maybe the data disagrees with us both. Who can say

Whatever the case, you are inconsistent, you said you only talk to good players, yet you are talking to me and say i am bad. Did you make two mistakes or just one?
    I'm talking AT you, not to you.

Maybe we should nerf Normal to feel more like raid finder, and nerf raid finder so that we can que up, set a healer on follow and collect free loot. Oops you can do that already.

The fight doesn't need a nerf, your raid needs a buff... and it's called "competence." Not better gear, not easier content, competence.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalinn View Post
    Remember my guilds first Stone guard trys it was so fun no one had read up for checked ANYTHING at all so went in there
    and wiped about 17 times befor we got it down most wipes came from the fact that the tanks dident taunt right and only a few from chains (melee to range)
    We had Chains,mines and purple crap but we worked passed it we are a somewhat casual guild aswell. Now after doing it ones we just fly by it.

Elegon is a bitch tho still trying !
    Elegon could use a nerf.

To the OP, please follow the valid feedback you got in this thread. If the chains are between two confortable players (like two ranged or two melees) dont even try to break them, even on jasper petrification. That will avoid being surprised by new chains.

Do that and ill swear you will kill it much much easier with any combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    I'm talking AT you, not to you.
    Nah, you are definitely talking to me.

Lets call it 3 mistakes, 1 submission and a complete fail to get any emotional reaction from me.

Better luck next time, kid.
    http://secretgl.wordpress.com/

Guild Blog for <Debonair> EU, Zenedar.

If you're having trouble with jasper chains you may want to consider sticking with LFR until you get more geared up. IMO, spirit kings are muhc easier than any of the other bosses, you don't even have to break the chains, I'd recommend just staying with the chained person the whole fight to be honest if you're having trouble, as I believe once he throws out 3 sets of chains, there won't be any more for the rest of the fight. The big thing to look out for it to determine if the other person you have chains with is ranged or melee, if it's ranged ranged, no need to break them at all.

Nah, you are definitely talking to me.

Lets call it 3 mistakes, 1 submission and a complete fail to get any emotional reaction from me.

Better luck next time, kid.
    You still lose because you're fucking terrible and all your friends are retards.

WTB Infraction so I don't have to interact with you clueless mouth breathers.

You still lose because you're fucking terrible and all your friends are retards.

WTB Infraction so I don't have to interact with you clueless mouth breathers.
    There was never a contest. I'm sorry you thought there was.

I'm also sorry for the way you've been treated in your life that means you think it's ok to be so hostile and antagonistic. I mean that sincerely. Please, take care of yourself.

Yeah sometimes when I put the fire in my mouth it makes my tongue go burny.

Let's add neon signs to everything warning that fire is make a hot burny on my tongue because I do not know what the fire make a hot when I do but when put it goes burn ((((

Pls halp.
    Don't quote me if your going to use me as an outlet for being a smartass. As my posts are only ever constructive in this forum, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't use me to troll other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

There was never a contest. I'm sorry you thought there was.

I'm also sorry for the way you've been treated in your life that means you think it's ok to be so hostile and antagonistic. I mean that sincerely. Please, take care of yourself.
    Get that sand out of your vagina. This is the internet. Be a dick or kill yourself.

Infraction, please. Done with this shit forum lol.

*They quit due to difficulty and came back for mop as they heard it wasn't as poorly designed.[COLOR="red"]

No, they don't. Normal people try stuff for a bit and when it's looking like a lot of work, drop it and go do something fun instead. This is why the raiding community has historically been such a small subset of wow players.
    Did the fight last night, we started playing three weeks after the release of MoP. We had a DPS who had just dinged 90 a few hours before but we had no one else. Granted all of us have raiding experience from TBC and WotLK, and most of us vanilla as well. We downed the fight in slightly over an hour. Most of us had half enchanted gear. Some of us had LFR gear. If you think Stone Guards are hard you probably never raided in TBC. The fight is easy, and really only requires communication between your tanks. Avoiding stuff on the floor isn't hard. The fight is fine as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Don't quote me if your going to use me as an outlet for being a smartass. As my posts are only ever constructive in this forum, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't use me to troll other people.
    Holy butthurt batman.

Where's that infraction?!

Stone Guard is not complicated and doesn't need to be nerfed. It does have a bit of a steeper learning curve then many of the fights in Dragon Soul, but I like that. I like that each week is a new challenge, but they're easy to overcome.

People seem to be complaining about the chains, two things:

1) The chains were nerfed in 10 Man already, so if you can't do it from this reset onwards, you probably should accept you can't do the encounter.

2) The chains are Jasper Damage, so only spread when the Jasper Guardian is active. You'll take 90% less Jasper Damage and the chains will do nothing to you. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Did the fight last night, we started playing three weeks after the release of MoP. We had a DPS who had just dinged 90 a few hours before but we had no one else. Granted all of us have raiding experience from TBC and WotLK, and most of us vanilla as well. We downed the fight in slightly over an hour. Most of us had half enchanted gear. Some of us had LFR gear. If you think Stone Guards are hard you probably never raided in TBC. The fight is easy, and really only requires communication between your tanks. Avoiding stuff on the floor isn't hard.
    Why do none of the pro difficulty guys ever actually read the posts?

Fwiw i've raided since vanilla, I thought stoneguard was an ok fight in general for my guild - I was talking about how such fights will effect new and returning players, based on my experience trying to help some brand spanking new players to the lovely world of warcraft raiding scene.

Avoiding stuff on the floor while dpsing, learning new mechanics and having the excitement of your first raid IS quite hard. You've just probably been doing it week in week out for that long you've forgotten that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Stone Guard is not complicated and doesn't need to be nerfed. It does have a bit of a steeper learning curve then many of the fights in Dragon Soul, but I like that. I like that each week is a new challenge, but they're easy to overcome.

People seem to be complaining about the chains, two things:

1) The chains were nerfed in 10 Man already, so if you can't do it from this reset onwards, you probably should accept you can't do the encounter.

2) The chains are Jasper Damage, so only spread when the Jasper Guardian is active. You'll take 90% less Jasper Damage and the chains will do nothing to you. Simple.
    I agree completely. When my guild first stepped into MV 10 we wiped an assload on Stone Guards... Why? Because our tanks had become so conditioned to simply pulling mobs, facerolling their keyboards, and collecting loot. The extensiveness of their tanking came from fights that required them to taunt off each other every 30-45 seconds... PUH-LEASE.

The fight is a nice wakeup call, ONLY clear the Chains during a Jasper Petrification (Start hugging each other around 85-90 energy on Jasper Quillen - Once it overloads the petrification clears and you'll be taking the FULL damage of the chains, instead of 90% reduced!)

Why do none of the pro difficulty guys ever actually read the posts?

Fwiw i've raided since vanilla, I thought stoneguard was an ok fight in general for my guild - I was talking about how such fights will effect new and returning players, based on my experience trying to help some brand spanking new players to the lovely world of warcraft raiding scene.

Avoiding stuff on the floor while dpsing, learning new mechanics and having the excitement of your first raid IS quite hard. You've just probably been doing it week in week out for that long you've forgotten that.
    Played since vanilla and can't dodge stuff on the floor or predict which of 4 attacks is being charged based on the 4 second wind-up animation.

Yep.

Played since vanilla and can't dodge stuff on the floor or predict which of 4 attacks is being charged based on the 4 second wind-up animation.

Yep.
    Yep.

And?

I played guitar for 25 years and still can't play like jimi hendrix. What's your point?

Yep.

And?

I played guitar for 25 years and still can't play like jimi hendrix. What's your point?
    Hendrix is overrated.

I guess you should try harder.

Wait did you compare playing the guitar with playing a rogue (4 button class) in WoW?

Hahahahahaha

Hendrix is overrated.

I guess you should try harder.
    I can only do what I can do. Theres no harm or shame in not being amazing, it's completely normal.
    Wait did you compare playing the guitar with playing a rogue (4 button class) in WoW?

Hahahahahaha
    No, I pointed out there are plenty of things I cannot do no matter how much time I spend on them or effort I put into them.

And I am fine with it.

The question is - why are you so in denial about how people really are?

Yep.

And?

point is playing like jimi hendrix is hard, dodging stuff is not.

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    point is playing like jimi hendrix is hard, dodging stuff is not.
    This man gets it.

@Injin: If you HONESTLY think dodging bad on the ground while pushing a (at max) 8 ability priority system (with a 1-1.5sec delay between them) is hard, then you're just a moron with low IQ, a retard, or some other unfortunate mutant with eagle claws instead of fingers, or some shit.

Literally there is NO CLASS in the game with an APM over 60. That's for "simcraft perfect DPS". You're nowhere near that, AND die in bad. So you've basically got the co-ordination, timing, and finesse of half of 1 hand of your average starcraft player.

That's a fucking joke.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-05 at 03:56 PM.