Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by XanderJS View Post
    Perhaps some of us are less cynical than others and believe a forum may actually be used by someone with genuine questions. Some of us like to help and not just mock everyone else.

Clearly that sentiment is lost on the pair of you. I'll remember next time you dare as a question on these forums though....
    It's a troll attempt, a successful one. If it wasn't obvious at first pass then comments to the effect of "somehow we'll soldier through Elegon without melee" should seal the deal. It's not me being cynical, its you being unable to read between the lines into the true meaning of what was said.

One day, when I finally pluck up the courage to ask a question, I hope its answered by people with comprehension skills and insight, not the likes of you.

Fyi, I give plenty of good advice on these forums, I respond to good questions with good answers, troll fodder gets posts like the one I originally made.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    On the history of WoW there are very few fights that favor melee over ranged, its almost always the other way around. Heart of fear also seens to follow this trend with basicaly every fight beeing easier to be handled by ranged than melee.
    What?
    I'd beg to differ. Based on my experience (6/6 both 25 - my group and 10 - my friends' group), I can't see HoF favor ranged than melee at all, at least in normal (unless by any chance my guild's strat is flawed).
    1) Imperial-something: Melee don't have to move to bubble during his Force and Verve cast (there is always one underneath the boss), so they get a slight dps advantage over ranged. My friends' 10 actually bring an unbalanced raid (they had like... 6 melee including tank in total?) and still all melee can hit the boss - they just bring the boss to middle of the melee's bubble and healer's bubble (mid-ranged one), placing tank in healer's bubble. Discs dodging is easier for melee since they just need to strafe around the boss.
    2) Blade Lord: this one I'd agree that ranged seems to have advantage over melee due to all the movements.
    3) Garalon: cleave heaven. Nuff' said.
    4) Wind Lord: same thing, cleave heaven. Melee don't get targeted by Wind Bomb in p2 so they can almost just sit there and dps the boss while range dps circling around.
    5) Un'sok: Melee and range are quite the same here. Maybe melee has slight advantage due to not having to run the beam in p1 and 2 and being able to hit DPS target right after being changed to construct. In p3 we all stacked so there is no difference.
    6) Empress: similar to above, see no clear advantage / disadvantage.

not the last boss u need ret pala or DK with u to the last boss to tank 1 add coz the 2 tanks will tank the 2 boss

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    What?
    I'd beg to differ. Based on my experience (6/6 both 25 - my group and 10 - my friends' group), I can't see HoF favor ranged than melee at all, at least in normal (unless by any chance my guild's strat is flawed).
    1) Imperial-something: Melee don't have to move to bubble during his Force and Verve cast (there is always one underneath the boss), so they get a slight dps advantage over ranged. My friends' 10 actually bring an unbalanced raid (they had like... 6 melee including tank in total?) and still all melee can hit the boss - they just bring the boss to middle of the melee's bubble and healer's bubble (mid-ranged one), placing tank in healer's bubble. Discs dodging is easier for melee since they just need to strafe around the boss.
    2) Blade Lord: this one I'd agree that ranged seems to have advantage over melee due to all the movements.
    3) Garalon: cleave heaven. Nuff' said.
    4) Wind Lord: same thing, cleave heaven. Melee don't get targeted by Wind Bomb in p2 so they can almost just sit there and dps the boss while range dps circling around.
    5) Un'sok: Melee and range are quite the same here. Maybe melee has slight advantage due to not having to run the beam in p1 and 2 and being able to hit DPS target right after being changed to construct. In p3 we all stacked so there is no difference.
    6) Empress: similar to above, see no clear advantage / disadvantage.
    1- Its is not realy and adtvantage its more like if youre melee get in the melee range bubble or loose dps, if youre ranged its okay to egt in any of the 3 bubbles as long as they have roon, however since melee has to be on the melee one it kinda fall on the ranged to move for the furthest ones, the dps loss is almost none tough. To resume it is an advantage to melee (slight) but because theyre limitted to the melee one, if you ahve no melee youre free ot sort your team as you will wich is better.

2 - Agreed

3 - Agreed, altough cleave heaven doesnt mean melee heaven it means combat rogues and warrior heaven, but the flip side is melee is constantly chasing the boss and making sure they dont enter the big purple circle of death, but ranged get stuck having to kite the boss and passing pherormones around so ye, ranged have the short end of the stick on this one for sure.

4,5,6 - Agreed as well

On my original statement I didnt give much tought to HoT you made some fair points, however ranged usualy have an easier time, some figths like Warmaster Blackhorn on DS, specially the heroic verison, even having 1 melee DPS was detrimental to your raid, the best possibel scenario was running the thing with a full ranged DPS team.

To the poster above me you dont need to have a ret palla or whatever tanking the add just have a ranged deeps tankign him, or have your actualt tank doing it keeping him next to the boss you cna cleave to the strenght that way altough it makes dodging devastating combos quite a bit harder, the strenghts have no melee attack, theyre only attack is the circular smash, as long as whoever is tanking him avoid it he should be fine. Strat guides tend to sugest DPS pallys or whatever tanking them cause they can taunt and position them in a specific place, ranged classes cant, in reality you cna even not tank them as long as your ranged ppl avoid the circular smash and know where to run when doing so it might add another layer of chaos to this already pretty chaotic fight but its easy to handle, the Strenght are mostly harmless realy.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2012-11-05 at 02:03 AM.