Cross realm zones

I am just here to whine alittle..

GOD fucking damn, that fucking cross realm zones shit is the worst fucking thing blizzard has ever done.. it is god damn impossible to level gathering proffs when there is always 5+ level 90's flying their shitty ass's around farming every god damn fucking node in every god damn fucking zone....
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well then I'm going to counter here OP, It is one of the greatest things that they've ever made god I can't wait to xfer soon ahahaha!!

Ahhhhhh it will be a grand time.

I like it, nice to see people while questing.

Well for my part, I do dungeons and quest while waiting, now people are both taking all the quest mobs and they are taking all the nodes.. I hate it
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

15+ Year Old Account
    CRZ are the best thing that has happened to WoW in a long time. So please never turn it off =)

I love CRZ can't w8 for it to be expanded to Pandaria

Deleted
    Let the QQ begin!

Honestly I don't know what Blizzard is thinking here. They have a sticky on the general forum:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4442380?page=1

as of this post it is up to 93 pages. Basically Blizzard is saying Cross Realm Zones glitched the fishing tournament. Rather than take CRZ down till that is fixed, they took away the fishing tournament. A feature that was working 100% up until CRZ, taken down over taking down the thing that was causing the bug. They went on to say the dismounting issue with passenger mounts is a technical limitation. Passenger Mounts worked 100% up until CRZ. Rather than take CRZ down till THIS is fixed they are saying deal with it. People are also reporting that CRZ has brought forth harassment, griefing, and a lot of racism (as in real life racism) in the form of slurs in public chat channels, and being unable to right click and report because "That Character does not exist".

CRZ is responsible for breaking 2 featured that worked fine. It creates a lot of immersion breaking with time zones. And it opened a floodgate for griefers who can't even be reported. Ideally, the following should happen:
    • Cross-Realm Zones feature should be taken down till ALL the bugs are 100% fixed.
    • While CRZ is being fixed, either hire more GM's, or strive to improve the playing atmosphere in game by coming down harder on harassment and language abuse. But most definitely work on ticket response time. Wasn't that many years ago when tickets would be responded to in around 3 hours.
    • Bring CRZ back once it is fixed. But include an opt-in or out feature. To ensure it is used by a sizable chunk of the community, offer incentives for opting in to use CRZ.
    Another game called Aion is doing their own CRZ. They have an opt-in feature that includes bonuses for opting in. Blizzard should do something similar. But when you got something that is breaking things, causing immersion issues and creating a negative playing atmosphere, then the answer is not to turn off the things being broken by the feature. The feature causing the breaking needs to come down till it is fixed. There was a time when Blizzard would do that. That is how many of us know Captain Placeholder from the Menethil Harbor days.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutes View Post
    I love CRZ can't w8 for it to be expanded to Pandaria
    What do you love about it?

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    CRZ are the best thing that has happened to WoW in a long time. So please never turn it off =)
    Can you explain this pls?
    because the only thing I read about it are complains.
    So I ask people who love it, why they love it... to get some more information about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I agree with you. CRZ is fail. Merge the servers or don't merge the servers. Some people play on medium pop servers for a reason. Running around in Zangermarsh with 60 other people doing the same quests just makes the experience more mundane.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    What do you love about it?

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 12:10 PM ----------

Can you explain this pls?
    because the only thing I read about it are complains.
    So I ask people who love it, why they love it... to get some more information about it.

Well I play on a PvP server, I love CRZ because as I was levellnig my monk who is now 90 Human Monk. I enjoyed every second of it seeing others that I levelled with that were from diff servers and the world pvp against others at my lvl or a few lvls above me was fantastic. I don't care about profs so all this node battling means nothing to me.

if it wasn't for CRZ the zones would have been so empty whilst leveling and I play an MMO cause I want interaction with other players be it via PvP or Co-op questing. Thats why I don't play single player RPGs.

Now I only dinged 90 on my monk yesterday so just enjoying PvP'ing big time right now. Farming my honor gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    GOD fucking damn, that fucking cross realm zones shit is the worst fucking thing blizzard has ever done..
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    if it wasn't for CRZ the zones would have been so empty whilst leveling and I play an MMO cause I want interaction with other players be it via PvP or Co-op questing. Thats why I don't play single player RPGs.
    This is going to sound mean and it's not how I intend it to sound but if you wanted interaction with other players you could have re-rolled or moved to a server with a higher population.

On my server there was always at least a dozen people often more rolling through the starter zones, always people in every zone apart from Desolace or Sithilus (because those zones are pretty horrid and very un-fun to go through). Even the servers which were 'recommended' used to have thriving starter zones prior to CRZ so people were about if you wanted them to be, if you chose not use the facility to put more people around you that's your call, doesn't mean the rest of us should be punished though.

CRZ is a punishment because its broken, buggy and why, someone tell me why, I really need 2 more full servers and another 9 other servers (8 of which are Med pop) to share my space with in game when my server was already full?
    Last edited by mmocbcf5f8495c; 2012-11-05 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With that kind of opening post, I don't see a real constructive future here.