Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Question Blood Elves doesn't exist

    Are Blood Elves still in Horde or they're a 3rd faction right now? I'm pretty sure there isn't a single BELF on the whole Pandaria. Both Horde and Alliance discover new land which they want to conquer and Blood Elves just sit in Silvermoon and do nothing. I know that they will take part in 5.1 lore but not seeing them on Pandaria is just silly. Is Blizzard lazy or did I miss something?

  2. #2
    Pit Lord Huntaer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Goldshire
    Posts
    2,418
    Lor'themar sent all his rogues, maybe thats why you don't see them? :3
    ●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄ Rolf! Rolf! Rolf!
    ▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
    █M█L█P█ █ █ █ █ █ █►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
    -\My pet collection/- -\My Mount collection/-

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire Vapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Quel'thalas
    Posts
    418
    there will be Some reliquary guys in 5.1, and there are some in the shrine of two moons but none that are really involved in anything.(which is good sign imo!)

  4. #4
    It's just part of the whole trend that Blizzard has taken since Cataclysm to make everything revolve around Humans and Orcs. Pretty annoying and, above all, uninspired.
    In all fairness, the next patch will provide some action and lore for to the Blood Elves and other races. And they recently recognized on Twitter that they neglected the Blood Elves lately. Small good signs, but definitely still too little for Blood Elves and all other non-Orc or non-Human races...
    It's also pretty odd since Blood Elves are more played than Orcs. One could say that it shows how much Blizzard cares about their players view, but that's debatable of course...

  5. #5
    High Overlord Fuggan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    127
    You had your time in TBC! :P
    Legendary Blogging - http://www.fugpugs.com/

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    The problem is with elves itself (both in Alliance and Horde).

    They're not exactly trusted by either faction.

    BEFs basically are traitors in WoW lore from an Alliance perspective, and as distrusted. Were the Nightelves although allies, are linked to that Worgen curse (let alone whatever tomfoolery to come). They just not the people to trust, you have to keep an eye on them, like with the Death Knights (who may hear their master's call again).

    I have my DKs in a Holy paladin guild for a reason, let alone my Worgens.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  7. #7
    in the cinimatic where the united Horde battle fleet arives to pandaria you will see that the footmen are only made out of Blood elfs, Goblins and orcs, There is no Undead, trolls, Pandas or Taurens joining the battle in that cinematic

  8. #8
    Everyone forgets about the Dreanei...

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Peaky Blinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Birmingham UK/Arizona US
    Posts
    5,687
    Trust me there will be plenty of belfs in pandaria in the upcoming domination quest chain and you will even be questing with whats his name from silvermoon

    yes its true he finnaly will get out of his plush palace in silvermoon and actually do shit

  10. #10
    People complained about too much BElf presence throughout BC - Cata, now we're complaining of not enough?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    The problem is with elves itself (both in Alliance and Horde).

    They're not exactly trusted by either faction.

    BEFs basically are traitors in WoW lore from an Alliance perspective, and as distrusted. Were the Nightelves although allies, are linked to that Worgen curse (let alone whatever tomfoolery to come). They just not the people to trust, you have to keep an eye on them, like with the Death Knights (who may hear their master's call again).

    I have my DKs in a Holy paladin guild for a reason, let alone my Worgens.
    Well not to be a dick realy, but ur wrong.

    This topic has been beaten to death, allaince screwed over the elves in couple of ways.. now the horde does the same with garrosh. So realy the elves should be the ones who distrust the alliance and horde. Btw didn't the alliance tried a fail attempt on making friendship?..

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Irulon View Post
    People complained about too much BElf presence throughout BC - Cata, now we're complaining of not enough?
    What? Belfs have barely had any lore whatsoever since TBC. Certainly much less than they deserve.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    Everyone forgets about the Dreanei...
    Who? 10characters
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  14. #14
    Epic! Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    1,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    It's just part of the whole trend that Blizzard has taken since Cataclysm to make everything revolve around Humans and Orcs. Pretty annoying and, above all, uninspired.
    In all fairness, the next patch will provide some action and lore for to the Blood Elves and other races. And they recently recognized on Twitter that they neglected the Blood Elves lately. Small good signs, but definitely still too little for Blood Elves and all other non-Orc or non-Human races...
    It's also pretty odd since Blood Elves are more played than Orcs. One could say that it shows how much Blizzard cares about their players view, but that's debatable of course...
    I think you mean it is part of the trend Blizzard has taken since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. The series has always been, at its core, about those two races.

  15. #15
    Brewmaster ghostblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The edge of dark space!
    Posts
    1,371
    just wait until 5.1 Just wait and see XD

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Well not to be a dick realy, but ur wrong.

    This topic has been beaten to death, allaince screwed over the elves in couple of ways.. now the horde does the same with garrosh. So realy the elves should be the ones who distrust the alliance and horde. Btw didn't the alliance tried a fail attempt on making friendship?..
    Ask yourself why it would fail.

    The backstory even in WoW is the elves are mistrusted. You saw it in the Worgen's existence storyline, and the shame of yet another Elf created mess rearing it's ugly head again.

    Why?

    Because it's the nature of elves to mettle and distrust others (especially humans). This is not something new, even the D&D backstory of the elves are they are high/vain creatures, who look down at humans. BEFs are an extreme stereotype of the vanity of elves, but that is what they are at heart.

    If there's treachery and sorcery involved, turn and look around. An elf is involved somewhere.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  17. #17
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    What? Belfs have barely had any lore whatsoever since TBC. Certainly much less than they deserve.
    The Horde side of Dalaran was because of blood elves. The Horde part of the Argent Tournament was blood elves.
    In Cataclysm the blood elves got an archeology society of sorts.

    What did the draenei get since BC?
    In Wrath they had a quest where they were turned down for help, the end.
    In Cataclysm we saw their leader visit a town to say goodbye to a dying friend, the end.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 04:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I think you mean it is part of the trend Blizzard has taken since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. The series has always been, at its core, about those two races.
    No, it was changed since Warcraft 3. Because you also had the undead and night elves there too.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Ask yourself why it would fail.

    The backstory even in WoW is the elves are mistrusted. You saw it in the Worgen's existence storyline, and the shame of yet another Elf created mess rearing it's ugly head again.

    Why?

    Because it's the nature of elves to mettle and distrust others (especially humans). This is not something new, even the D&D backstory of the elves are they are high/vain creatures, who look down at humans. BEFs are an extreme stereotype of the vanity of elves, but that is what they are at heart.

    If there's treachery and sorcery involved, turn and look around. An elf is involved somewhere.
    Ok, but that has nothing to do with the warcraft story we all know. Even in 5.1 Lorthemar is mentioning Garrithos.
    If u just purely look at the story of the blood elves, this is not realy the point. People hate the blood elves cus of their alliance, but if u played warcraft 3 they got kicked out for no ( real ) reason.

  19. #19
    Old God adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    10,689
    Because the Horde army hasn't arrived yet........

    We where part of a special task force to take Pandaria that quite frankly failed, thus why we enlisted a hozen army.

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Ok, but that has nothing to do with the warcraft story we all know. Even in 5.1 Lorthemar is mentioning Garrithos.
    If u just purely look at the story of the blood elves, this is not realy the point. People hate the blood elves cus of their alliance, but if u played warcraft 3 there is no distrust from the elves realy.
    It has e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g to do with WoW.

    The whole storyline is similiar to D&D's take on elves. No patch is going to change the bottomline: elves play with humans (or any "lesser" beings than themselves...remember that ego?), as that's their entertainment, as they love treachery and deceit.

    BEFs are the stereotypical elf. Vain, egotistic, and ever the lover of magic and mischief.

    Those who understand the lore of elves understand they have to be watched, if for anything for their own good (let alone the world).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •