Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Top 10 Raid Encounters of Chocolate RIFT

Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls, the time has finally come, with Storm Legion just around the corner I've spent the last few weeks going through all of the raids in Chocolate RIFT grabbing some nice footage and putting it all together for my Top 10 Raid Encounters video!

If you have even the slightest interest in raiding I suggest you watch this video!

Also for those of you who have been raiding throughout chocolate RIFT, I want to know what are your favorite encounters and why?

Deleted
    what does chocolate rift mean?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanji View Post
    what does chocolate rift mean?
    The Original Game, like you know people refer to Original WOW as Vanilla WOW ^^

a joke about vanilla wow :P which doesnt make any sense

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    true however there isnt chocolate term, cus chocolate is made from vanilla base therfore it isnt the orginal without modifications

Vanilla software is computer software that is not customized from its delivered form – i.e. it is used without any customizations applied to it. Vanilla software can become a widespread de facto industry standard, widely used by businesses and individuals. The term comes from the traditional standard flavor of ice cream, vanilla flavor.
    The term "vanilla" is often used to describe the original version of a game, that has not been modified with third-party addons, nor developer updates. It can also refer to the original game engine when source ports or expansion packs are available.
    Last edited by Archimand; 2012-11-04 at 01:43 PM.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    a joke about vanilla wow :P which doesnt make any sense

true however there isnt chocolate term, cus chocolate is made from vanilla base therfore it isnt the orginal without modifications
    I don't make the naming rules, I just enforce them :O

10+ Year Old Account
    :P I don't think it works quite like that. Vanilla (or plain) is the base flavor for a lot of things, with other ingredients (chocolate) added to it to create another flavor. Declaring the original RIFT as "chocolate" RIFT is like saying chocolate milk came before regular milk, for lack of better terms.

Unless you're just trying to crack a joke, in which case, like Arcimand said, it doesn't make a lot of sense because of what's described above.

OT: Looking at some of the video, the game has certainly evolved since my first crack at it at launch. The UI looks much more user friendly for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    :P I don't think it works quite like that. Vanilla (or plain) is the base flavor for a lot of things, with other ingredients (chocolate) added to it to create another flavor. Declaring the original RIFT as "chocolate" RIFT is like saying chocolate milk came before regular milk, for lack of better terms.

Unless you're just trying to crack a joke, in which case, like Arcimand said, it doesn't make a lot of sense because of what's described above.

OT: Looking at some of the video, the game has certainly evolved since my first crack at it at launch. The UI looks much more user friendly for sure.
    It's a community joke, made by one of the CM's of RIFT known as Dahanese on one of the Livestreams about a month ago, since then it caught on and everyone refers to it, just mainly as an alternative take to vanilla RIFT because everyone refers to the original WOW as vanilla WOW, so she wanted it to be different, because thats what Trion love doing...

Deleted
    Hey Seatin, Darkmad here.

Some very interesting choices, i highly doubt zilas would of been on my list but each to their own ^^ still i'm sure that storm legion has an array of interesting and mechanically challenging fights waiting for us to shout at our raids about.

Interesting thread Seatin, and a good vid; loved the Snooki joke at the beginning. I was in an ok-quality raid guild for awhile who could never defeat Silgen. I thought that encounter was pretty rough, and had that perfect blend of tight spaces, a lot going on, and the absolute requirement that you invest in every opportunity Rift provides you: add-ons were a requirement to make a cleanse macro, hybrid healing builds, etc.

Certainly not the most eye-catching fight, but for a 10 man with people still trying to complete Hammerknell, it was an unending humility-check.

Gilded Prophecy is actually one of the best raids in Rift. Three of the four bosses in there are highly technical. Even more so than some other later encounters in HK, ID, RotF and PF.

Love the callback to EQ on Guurloth. ^^

Edit: Rise of the Phoenix is really good too. G-Silgen was another good one. It is interesting the sliver design team seemed to create more interesting encounters than in the 20 mans. A lot of the 20 man mechanics are sorta simple by comparison but simply have higher dps/tough/heal thresholds to meet. If Silgen was as strict as Sicaron initially, it'd be a way tougher fight than HK's encounter.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-04 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Gilded Prophecy is actually one of the best raids in Rift. Three of the four bosses in there are highly technical. Even more so than some other later encounters in HK, ID, RotF and PF.

Love the callback to EQ on Guurloth. ^^

Edit: Rise of the Phoenix is really good too. G-Silgen was another good one. It is interesting the sliver design team seemed to create more interesting encounters than in the 20 mans. A lot of the 20 man mechanics are sorta simple by comparison but simply have higher dps/tough/heal thresholds to meet. If Silgen was as strict as Sicaron initially, it'd be a way tougher fight than HK's encounter.
    I'm sure that the storm legion 20 mans will be a lot more engaging than recent bosses, but then again, laethys wasn't short on interesting and fun mechanics.

I don't mean to say the 20s lacked interesting encounters. Just to be clear.

Rather, I was consistently impressed with the encounter design of the 10s. In some ways, much more so than Ituziel, Zilas or Maklamos.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

It's very apparent you don't play Rift and your siggy confirms it, if it's anything to go by.

Originally, people tried calling it Vanilla Rift, but I think a Trion employee jokingly called it Chocolate, and people latched on.

It makes sense to me, since frankly, the Rift of 1.0 is nothing like the Rift of 1.10 or even 1.7..... >_>

Frankly Vanilla Rift was horrible to most and lasted a very short time (I never even played it during Vanilla) but basically, so much stuff has been added since, it's almost not the same game.

New raids, Planar Attunement, Ember Isles massive zone, chronicles, master mode dungeons, I am not sure if raid rifts came with the game originally, and other stuff I can't think of lol.

Suffice to say, Rift has greatly improved and been added to - before even the expansion.

Thus, Chocolate Rift. :P

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 06:20 PM ----------

It's a community joke, made by one of the CM's of RIFT known as Dahanese on one of the Livestreams about a month ago, since then it caught on and everyone refers to it, just mainly as an alternative take to vanilla RIFT because everyone refers to the original WOW as vanilla WOW, so she wanted it to be different, because thats what Trion love doing...
    Trion? Different? nawwwwwwwwww....
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

You did it!!
    its quite awesome, so kudos

and as for the maelforge eggs, there's apparently an artifact set in game (from EI) which is a collection of love literature between the two dragons (Laeythis) so erm... there's something there
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

No Isskal? Awe.

I love the toilet bowl of Death!

I've only seen T1 raids, as I work shift work and can't get into a more demanding guild, but T1 easily out does anything Cataclysm had (tiers 11 thru 13) as far as content.

Isskal, Greenscale, all of the bosses in GP, and Hylas are purely awesome fights.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    You did it!!
    its quite awesome, so kudos

and as for the maelforge eggs, there's apparently an artifact set in game (from EI) which is a collection of love literature between the two dragons (Laeythis) so erm... there's something there
    Even better, right from the Infernal Dawn Livestream, Adam himself explains how the eggs are made!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhPYvd8isg&t=27m28s

The UI hasn't changed much since release. Trion added toggle-able nameplates though.

I haven't changed my UI since week 1 of Rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The UI hasn't changed much since release. Trion added toggle-able nameplates though.

I haven't changed my UI since week 1 of Rift.

Yeah, pretty much the same for me. Rift was one of the few games that had good default customizable UI's straight out of the box.

People still play this god awful game?

<Infracted, post constructively>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-11-05 at 12:49 AM.

Yes, Dahanese, the same one who in the conquest reveal thought everyone was waiting on her to lead them then they were merely waiting for the extractor to cap. Since she thought they were waiting on her, she started to run off in a direction that there were no objectives. After the point capped, everyone started running the opposite direction she had gone. She obviously knows very little about the game, or the MMO market in general. She probably had no idea why Vanilla WoW was called Vanilla to begin with, hence she coined the term chocolate, which makes no sense. What little I have seen/heard of Dahanese makes me dislike her, and I cringe when she is involved in reveals. Listening to her read questions players ask to the devs makes it clear she has no real idea what they are talking about, Horrible CM IMO, quite possibly the only Trion employee I have seen/heard that I do not like.