Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yes, Dahanese, the same one who in the conquest reveal thought everyone was waiting on her to lead them then they were merely waiting for the extractor to cap. Since she thought they were waiting on her, she started to run off in a direction that there were no objectives. After the point capped, everyone started running the opposite direction she had gone. She obviously knows very little about the game, or the MMO market in general. She probably had no idea why Vanilla WoW was called Vanilla to begin with, hence she coined the term chocolate, which makes no sense. What little I have seen/heard of Dahanese makes me dislike her, and I cringe when she is involved in reveals. Listening to her read questions players ask to the devs makes it clear she has no real idea what they are talking about, Horrible CM IMO, quite possibly the only Trion employee I have seen/heard that I do not like.
    One, and only one, person I know so far who doesn't like her. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

As if King and Prince wasn't in there!
    Best fight aside from Akylios in my mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    OT: Looking at some of the video, the game has certainly evolved since my first crack at it at launch. The UI looks much more user friendly for sure.
    Missed this comment earlier, sorry! but yes, the UI has not actually changed, I've just moved things about to suit my gameplay and not to mention it gives quite a clear visual of the fights so its great for recording and showing off the game :P

Good Top 10. Mine is pretty similar and is:
    10. Grug/Gurloth/Arakhurn
    9. Isskal
    8. Harold
    7. Prince Hylas
    6. Twyl
    5. Rune King
    4. Greenscale
    3. Zilas
    2. Laethys
    1. Akylios

Bucknaste Time!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyquinn View Post
    Good Top 10. Mine is pretty similar and is:
    10. Grug/Gurloth/Arakhurn
    9. Isskal
    8. Harold
    7. Prince Hylas
    6. Twyl
    5. Rune King
    4. Greenscale
    3. Zilas
    2. Laethys
    1. Akylios
    Harold? You can't kill harold, everyone knows he is a nice guy!

But Herald on the other hand, he is an evil bone dragon picked from the Soulstream to rain destruction upon Telera, he can be killed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Gilded Prophecy is actually one of the best raids in Rift. Three of the four bosses in there are highly technical. Even more so than some other later encounters in HK, ID, RotF and PF..
    I thought GP was extremely easy and found all but Guurloth to be completely void of challenge

PF and rotp were pretty poor imho. In PF the RP first part was funny to do once but its easily the most annoying thing to do in the game every week at this point. Hell running a T2 for 1000th time is more interesting than that. 1st and 2nd boss were far too easy and simple. Especially the mead man, this must be the poorest raid level fight in the entire game. Altha I can deffinetely say that it feels like a silgern wannabe. Awareness/movement fight but falls short and at the end its not as fun and challenging as General Silg. was at release before all the class buffs and the cleansing nerf. Lord Twyl is great tho, but i do feel that the maze walls block far too much of what is going around - effect/season wise. I my self hadnt actually noticed up until ~a couple of weeks ago since i use my camera in a overview mode type way (kinda like those distant strategy game cameras).

on 20 mans.. ID had a few design issues. Lack of gear requirements (since T2 and T3 gear is basically the same) on some bosses lack of encounter progression (Ituziel for example would have been a lot better if he were to gain an extra ability ~mid-fight, same with the originally intended Maklamos fight) and most importantly non existent enrage timers that made things far too easy up to laethys. Enrage timers that would have slowed progression and prevented the wings from getting cleared on their opening days untill prople were able to finetune their setup and minimize healing/extra non required tanks) Maelforge especially was very poorly designed. The first part with the spires was very cinematic but beyond that...

oh yeah a list
    no order and all based on release state difficulty (well maybe with the exception of greenie, after his hp buff)
    Laehtys
    Estrode (untill you figured there was an easy mode soul/combo)
    Grugonim
    Zilas
    Akylios
    RKM (mage tank)
    Guurloth
    Silgern
    Lord Twyll
    Gweenscale
    Last edited by mmoc09fbcdc894; 2012-11-07 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    On my last attempt at raiding, me and my guild managed to get Akylios to 24%. that fight was sooooo awesome , i actually got rushes of adrenaline when doing it. I have raided in other games and i cant think of any other time i have been that pumped in a raid. Freaking awesome fight!

Quote Originally Posted by NeedDeeps View Post
    I thought GP was extremely easy and found all but Guurloth to be completely void of challenge
    GP was quite a challenge when first released, it has been significantly nerfed since then.

Deleted
    Yeh cleared it 5/11 which was server and quite possibly region first.

Man, River of Souls is the forgotten raid of "Rift". No love for Alsbeth and her whacky crew.

Somehow, I also like(d) the battle against Rusila. Especially the atmosphere... ... and the "dum dum" (or whatever^^) of the Fortuna Fatalis' heartbeat. :]