93 22.52%
  • 5 - Great people, awesomely friendly community

23 5.57%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's seen better days for sure.

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    And how MMO-Champion is moderated helps to filter out dicks too. Very free environment for discussion while
    having a strict policy against personal attacks...
    Very selective at it though.

Corporate sites know how to butter the bread, so what folks will see isn't the entire sandwich. There's no mistake this is a fansite, and that means it's highly a onesided view per forum.

The only game community forums I've seen that is about as open as it can be is from EA. And that's largely due to the EA's policy of not interacting with the player community. They allow almost anything, as they don't witness it. lol
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

For the most part, this community is great. Still has some tools, but thats to be expected.

Tried the official WoW forums or ArenaJunkies? It's scary. Just posting a thread about kittens will get you so much rage and trolling.
    Last edited by RaZDaZ; 2012-11-04 at 02:57 PM.

The value of friendly idiots is zero
    I take intelligent posters who might insult me personally any day over carebear posters who can't create interesting posts even if their live depended on it

Moderation doesn't help here either as most of this kind of sites are moderated for a dont hurt my feelings direction and not based on how usefull posts are

I generally stick to off topic so can't really talk for the rest, but I know for a fact that off-topic is full of fanatical one sided zealots that don't sleep.
    I kid you not, anything to do with politics, you can expect several people to be on top off that thread fist fucking it into the ground with no repercussions and when you do crack and bite at these people, you get banned.
    Off topic is horrible, stay away from it. Unless you want to be banned for nothing.

Every game-related forum is a horrible community, not really any way around it

I've meet some awesome people on these forums, who I love hating debates with.

There are also some I have nothing but contempt for.

So its 50/50
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    Nothing wrong with ingame community, you just have to engage yourself in the sub-communities like realms and guilds and raidgroups.

This website in particular suffers from the fact that a lot of people come here to nerdrage incoherently and unconstructively after they get banned for nerdraging incoherently and unconstructively on the official forums though.
    You mean the FORMER sub-community of realms? Cause it's gone now!
    When she was just a girl, she expected the world, but it flew away from her reach so she ran away in her sleep and dreamed of para-para-paradise, para-para-paradise, para-para-paradise every time she closed her eyes..

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    I generally stick to off topic so can't really talk for the rest, but I know for a fact that off-topic is full of fanatical one sided zealots that don't sleep.
    I kid you not, anything to do with politics, you can expect several people to be on top off that thread fist fucking it into the ground with no repercussions and when you do crack and bite at these people, you get banned.
    Off topic is horrible, stay away from it. Unless you want to be banned for nothing.
    Great advice. It's very one sided there, I found out myself.

It's okay if you get the infraction. But clear name callouts and more reported...mysteriously vanishes into thin air.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    Nothing wrong with ingame community, you just have to engage yourself in the sub-communities like realms and guilds and raidgroups.

This website in particular suffers from the fact that a lot of people come here to nerdrage incoherently and unconstructively after they get banned for nerdraging incoherently and unconstructively on the official forums though.
    That part is why I gave it a 2. The general population that we experience most of the time (General/Trade Chat, LFD/LFR Groups) is a bunch of rude, sarcastic jerks. If people ask for help, I try to give it, but most people have to throw out a "your mom" for everything. Those who are halfway-decent people avoid those places, meaning the fact that you have to ACTIVELY seek out people who don't suck means the community sucks.

I mean, if your neighborhood was full of crackheads, you wouldn't rate it a 4/5 because if you go to the other end of the neighborhood, there's one family of nice, standup people, would you? This is the same: The game is full of crackheads with the occasional nice guy.

There's no "MMO-C community". There are a few bunches of people who band together and most of the time they despise anyone who even slightly differs from them. You're a hardcore raider? "F U! No lifer!" You're a casual? "Damn idiot f**, your whats wrong with tihs game!" And then you have people who feel proud of boasting "f*** ponies" avatars and sigs when all bronies do is talk about tolerance. And yes, the last ones do behave horribly but because a certain level of douchebaggery has become the norm, moderators won't do anything.

Out of all those people, I'd find myself closest to the bronies, even though I'd never watch a show meant for bloody 5-year olds. But that's okay, because not everyone has the same taste in TV shows. Not everyone has the same taste in video games. Not everyone wants to put the same effort into a game he has already paid for, and that's okay because we're all different. You're not going to beat up your real-life friend because he would love to ride one of those phoenixes but doesn't want to race into a challenge mode (at least I hope you're not going to). So do a bloody service to other people in the world and understand their differences do not make them bad people.

I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind with this, but at least trying makes me feel better about myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chen Stormstout
    To ask why we fight is to ask why leaves fall. (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit
    Gravity? We fight because gravity? Never listen to a philosophy from a panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I've meet some awesome people on these forums, who I love hating debates with.
    Capital Freudian "slip"!

lololol

But seriously, the only folks I really dislike in the WoW community/forums are those who don't understand boundaries. If they can't debate without running to a moderator; or their only way to debate is get personal; they are the epitome of what's wrong in WoW itself. MEMEME types who want to control everything their way.
    Last edited by Kevyne-Shandris; 2012-11-04 at 04:00 PM.

some people on here are fine, you get a lot of couches just making troll / qq threads, but they are easy to spot and ignore. if you look past those threads, mmo-c is one of the better online gaming forums.
    Too cool for a signature

I gave it a 3.

I've met a lot of great people here.

Unfortunately, the people who:

A. Don't listen to opinions

B. Mindlessly bash WoW with no back up nor points as to why

and C. Incite flame wars on the forums on purpose

ruin it for me. And it's depressing.

Regardless! The mods here are also awesome, especially Darsithis and Daetur!

Eh, this community is not too bad. If you want a terrible, terrible community go to arenajunkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Regardless! The mods here are also awesome, especially Darsithis and Daetur!
    I see how it is.

You see a lot of hate in certain sections of the forums. Bring up dailies, LFR, thrall, nerfs, world firsts, grind, swtor etc etc and people will generally respond with hostility most of the time it seems.

Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

I'd say the people who whine a lot about the bad community in most cases are the very cause of the bad community. We also tend to fixate a lot on the negatives. Like, I just finished playing after wiping three times in LFR on emperor's army. I'm not whining about it, I think most of the people were really good and tried their best. Didn't work this time, oh well, there's always next time.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I see how it is.
    /hide

I mean..Zaelsino is the best..mod..ever. He is..my..role model.