68 16.46%

84 20.34%

145 35.11%

93 22.52%
  • 5 - Great people, awesomely friendly community

23 5.57%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    There is always so much talk about WoW having the worst possible online community ever... That nothing in the game can be designed around social dynamics because everyone are "dicks" etc.

Does this also reflect upon the Mmo-champion forum community then? Reasonably the forum community of the worst possible gaming community should reflect this, right?
    It's not so much that people are "dicks" it's that people are plain stupid.

Take flying mounts for example, half are all for completely removing them from the game and the other half want flying earlier, or other stupid ideas.

If people could shut up and agree on things instead of fighting about it and nearly forcing Blizzard to make changes (albeit, sometimes it's for the better), then people might actually give the community a good name.

But that's like asking Israel and Iran to not fight.

Because I've been to other WoW forums and I can't make myself go back.

MMO-C has jerks and raging, bleeding assholes, but there are also a lot more reasonable, civil people posting than I've found elsewhere. This is one of the only places that has people posting informative things, or with people at least trying to hold a reasonable conversation. There are still trolls, lots of trolls, and lots of people so bored they absolutely must obey the compulsion to feed the trolls, but if you look in threads that aren't titled just to get a reaction you can often find some interesting discussions, or links to informative info. I've learned a lot and discovered a lot through MMO-C's forums. It's not all important or deep or cutting edge, but just ... stuff.

It's not all that hard to figure out who the trolls are, and to ignore them. Not hard to figure out which threads are going to be flame fests, whine groups, etc. If that's what you're looking for, have at'em. If that's not what you're looking for, simple enough not to engage.

WoW itself, so far I've experienced a better set of people in game since the expansion came out. Maybe I've just been lucky. The people who get their enjoyment out of trying to tear others to shreds don't seem quite as numerous as before. Perhaps they simply have boycotted Panda Land, perhaps they're busy grinding out dailies, perhaps they're too busy raging on forums... I don't know. I guess I don't care so long as they stay occupied elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefarian View Post
    The worst possible online community has to be all the kids who played battlefield 1942 back in the day. God you have no idea how anoying it is to hear a 12 year old screaming trough his mic that he made a headshot... Same applies for the Halo 2 community back on the orignal xbox live network.
    Don't remind me. The Halo community is what is keeping me from getting Halo 4. It makes every other gaming community seem perfect in comparison.

I also rated the forums a 3. It is pretty in the middle of the road as forums go. No complaints from me here, but I have been to forums that I have enjoyed more. However, as video games forums go, this is the golden standard.
    WoW: Fiska 90 Holy Paladin (Mal'ganis)
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Our problem is we have two groups of people that drag the community down.

1. People who know nothing about game/program design talking about how to improve the game. Mostly saying "just spend more money!"

2. People who have quit but still come here to troll about GW2.
    Permanently unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

Been a fun run guys, but the game's officially moved into the "Milk the Playerbase" phase. And I for one don't intend to stick around as the cost of expansions go up, content in them goes down, and raids become further and further apart.
    Maybe I'll be back for WoW2, but probably not. - Slowpoke, the former Dokhidamo

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    MMO-Champion has it's moments where I swear people can't think higher then their buttocks. I think the worse problem is......

WHY DO YOU HAVE PONIES IN YOUR AVATAR!?!?!!? I rate it 3. Not very inspiring. Is it better then WoW? Lol no
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

It's actually better then the greater WoW community. There's still some horribly annoying people though, as there are some nice, fun and cool people that stand out.

But overall, somewhere in the middle.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    It's actually better then the greater WoW community. There's still some horribly annoying people though, as there are some nice, fun and cool people that stand out.

But overall, somewhere in the middle.

I've met people who do seem nice but aren't really noticed. Although there are individuals I want to smack with a rubber chicken.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

Alot of the free to play MMO's have far worse communities In my own lengthy experience.

WoW harbors some of the more well written individuals in gaming. The people who stomp off to other forums proclaiming x is the worst scum on the face of the planet are usually those who've had a big disagreement and cannot face the repercussions from some of the less wholesome members. In which every community has in spades if you trigger them. WoW and MMO champion just has such a VAST amount of people both who are currently playing and moved on from WoW, it's almost impossible to never run over the assholes. But don't let them cloud your perceptions, they just want attention.

It's half the reason I still feel playing WoW is worth it, the community has less crap if you know what you want out of the game and stick to it.

MMO champion has some bum nuggets but on the whole I've really seen far worse. 3 Awarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Yeah, it's always WAR WAR WAR untill..BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?? GLORIOUS LOOT!!!!!

While i do admit i find the WoW community terrible (that's a topic in itself), i would say the MMO champ community isn't too bad. It really depends though. MMO champion has a lot of different groups of people. Some worse than others, depending on what side you feel you are on.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    You may have had good intentions by saying the line which is now in bold... but in actuality, you just insulted the guy. Frankly, your conversation should have ended after the first time the hunter said "No". You tried to force yourself into his group after being told no. Had I been in the same situation with you, I would have done the exact same thing. I applaud the hunter for telling you off and then ignoring you. At least in my eyes, this is a terrible example of "what is wrong" with the WoW community.

Think of it from the hunter's perspective, maybe he gets great joy out of actually soloing rare mobs. WoW has many different players with many different mindsets. We all enjoy different things. This is something that we need to be cognizant of.
    Well, I'm sorry for trying to play with somebody in an MMO.

I remember the days when almost everyone would greet you with open arms, these are the days long gone, I don't think it's ever something that we will get back.

People settle themselves straight into the 'Solo Mode' mindset and that's that nowadays.

It's a shame really.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Azjol-Nerub EU - Fieran (Feral) | Smite | LoL | Skyrim | BF4
    Played: EVE - 37mil SP | Rift Mage | Guild Wars 2 - Mesmer | SW:TOR Sage
    i7 3930K - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - GTX Titan SLI - Samsung 750GB 840 EVO - Corsair 540 - Full WC

Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post
    If I visited a college in America and spoke to 3 stupid people is it fair to assume everyone in America is stupid?
    There's a much easier way to determine that, and with a far larger sample size to boot!

If Romney wins today, it's pretty clear that we are.

Though this poll is pretty stupid as well. 3 I guess? But that's only because most people are either a 1 or a 5, which evens out to a 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    Well, I'm sorry for trying to play with somebody in an MMO.

I remember the days when almost everyone would greet you with open arms, these are the days long gone, I don't think it's ever something that we will get back.
    But that's just one side of the story. We also had (or a lot of PvP servers) a lot of Blacklists to go with those good/bad KoS lists (Hell, I think there was even a guild called KoS on my server) Whether it was a relic from old games like Everquest guilds, or simple habit, I only know shit was not all lovey dovey unless you had managed to not make yourself look like an ass in front of whichever group just so happened to invite you to raid with them.

One rogue on my server got harassed off server for accidentally screwing up a CC in a hilarious way that they never lived down. (Became a gladiator on another server later in WoW, though)

People have always been circlejerking asshats. Difference then was you could remember more of which ones you loved/hated, and since you had to put up with it then it either became fun or you didn't do it. I don't think there's any going back once you don't have to put up with the inconvenience that is "other players", in most people's mentality of "It's my subscription fee that I pay"
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2012-11-06 at 10:00 PM.

Voted 2.

Not lying when I say I have around 300 people on ignore here.

EDIT: actually I think the number is closer to 900, not even kidding.
    Last edited by Maklor; 2012-11-06 at 09:58 PM.

the internet - A place where wanking and extreme opinions go hand in hand

I actually like the MMO-Champion community. Most posters are very respectful and full of great ideas! I appreciate all the positive feedback and discussion when other posters and myself get into it sometime, and it is fun to see all the various opinions on things!

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Voted 2.

Not lying when I say I have around 300 people on ignore here.

EDIT: actually I think the number is closer to 900, not even kidding.
    How do you put someone on ignore? I didnt even know that feature existed on the forums.
    It is my humble opinion that TBC was the most entertaining expansion.
    The Fonz wants you to smile.

For the most part people here seem decent. Even those I disagree with on everything I'd say are good people despite differences in opinion.

From a guy that's played MMOs since Ultima Online and Everquest I can honestly tell you without hesitation that the WoW community is the most arrogant, selfish, self promoting bastards you will ever meet in your life. Never in a game before have I had so many people bragging to me about how awesome their character is and all the achievements and all the bosses they've killed. People in UO and EQ would happily go out of their way for you. People in WoW only care about what you can do for them. Obviously I'm looking at this as a whole, there are plenty of good people in WoW and there were some bastards in the older MMOs...but overall the community was incomparably better in the older games. I actually know a couple people that still play EQ Live on private servers exclusively because of the community.

With all that being said, the MMO Champ community doesn't seem too bad. There's quite a few hardcore pricks out there who can't wait to tell you things about their character that you just couldn't possibly care about, but the community as a whole here ain't so bad. But if you played some of the older MMOs, you would have been STUNNED at how awful the WoW community is in comparison.

Oh and as for your chart, I'm gonna have to give 2 different numbers because I don't consider the MMO Champ community and the wow community the same thing.

MMO Champ 3
    WoW community 1 (I'd give it a 0 if i could)
    Last edited by Radoria; 2012-11-07 at 01:41 AM.

MMO-C definitely has a majority of noobs/bad people in the community, just look at the majority of posts/threads.

But, there are quite a handful of good intelligent people (including moderators) who make MMO-C pretty great and entertaining. I really like those people.

Still, there are a lot of bad mean complainers here.

It changes with each subforum really, off-topic is great and GW2 is very sloppy for example.