Poll: Least played Profession ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Engineer not in the poll? I've seen maximum 3 so far...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    on Desolation at least, there are PLENTY of necros. Both sPvP and PvE.
    Wooo Desolation!
    Anywho OT all I see on Deso is like tons of Guardians, Everywere ! Maybe the game should be renamed to Guardian wars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantom06 View Post
    Wooo Desolation!
    Anywho OT all I see on Deso is like tons of Guardians, Everywere ! Maybe the game should be renamed to Guardian wars
    yeah they are everywhere damn walking tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wish they hadn't used little symbols. I don't what the hell the turtle or teardrop symbols mean. >.>

Fuck your cryptic ways, Anet.
    im pretty sure youre looking at a bear and a fireball respectively
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Just from my experience I'd say necromancers and engineers are the least played professions.
    I concur.

Warriors and Guardians are the most popular. Rangers and Thieves probably come in next.

I see an over abundance of mesmers.

However necromancers, I pray the gods of Anet help your soul....

I have yet to see a ranger apart from bots (overreacting a bit, but honestly I never done a dungeon run with one nor does anyone I know plays one). Necro is pretty rare as well.
    I see plenty of mesmers and thiefs, although mostly in pvp.

Wow I really guessed thief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I see an over abundance of mesmers.

However necromancers, I pray the gods of Anet help your soul....

well the necro bug list was ~120 bugs a month ago. Still around 100 now...

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Last month Arenanet did a huge census of their player's races, classes and professions. And Mesmer was the least played class by a very large margin.
    Does anyone have a link to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Does anyone have a link to this?

It's not on the blog anymore but page 1 has the screenshots.

Post #5 on down, brah.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18984131

The Anet blog is working again: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/j...ars-2-economy/

Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-11 at 04:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hm Warr leading.

AN lies!

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    The only thing anet really released on the subject was a chart. I can't link the bigger/better quality version of it due to the Anet blog posts past page 2 currently not working.

It shows Mesmer = Engineer < Thief = Guardian < Elementalist < Ranger < Warrior. Or something, hard to tell with the image being that small and blurry (Also no actual numbers). Was posted like a month ago so is out of date, but I doubt the numbers changed that significantly.
    Necros aren't even represented there lol. I know they aren't that popular but I love my necro and I'm sure the fact they aren't popular is part of the reason why I do. I've never been a FotM chaser and usually prefer to play classes most others consider broken or gimped.

edit: It also doesn't surprise me to see Artificer is the least used trade profession. Fewest amount of weapons you can make and the potions are not at all popular. I was running Twilight Arbor the other day with a pug and before we started I whipped up a couple of stacks of Potent Nightmare Court slaying potions. When we got in the dungeon, I asked my group if anyone wanted some and they were like nah, that's ok. I then commented about how artificing was such a bad tradeskill that I couldn't even give what I make away lol.
    Last edited by Osprey39; 2012-11-11 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    Necros aren't even represented there lol. I know they aren't that popular but I love my necro and I'm sure the fact they aren't popular is part of the reason why I do. I've never been a FotM chaser and usually prefer to play classes most others consider broken or gimped.

edit: It also doesn't surprise me to see Artificer is the least used trade profession. Fewest amount of weapons you can make and the potions are not at all popular. I was running Twilight Arbor the other day with a pug and before we started I whipped up a couple of stacks of Potent Nightmare Court slaying potions. When we got in the dungeon, I asked my group if anyone wanted some and they were like nah, that's ok. I then commented about how artificing was such a bad tradeskill that I couldn't even give what I make away lol.
    Necros are in the one posted a few posts up.. more than both mes/eng. I see a ton of them in sPvP. I got my mes to 80 and I can see why it's an unpopular class, it wasn't very good for solo PvEing. I was full power/prec/critdmg all the way to 80 and some places I was killing stuff so slowly that it would respawn as I was killing :/ Compare that to warrior where I could just pull 5 mobs and kill them all in 5 seconds.

I agree artificer is crap. I got it to 400 and it was just a massive gold loss the entire way.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-11-11 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Ah, thanks. I was hoping there was more data than just the graph that was posted.

Looking at that other image on the site, is there actually a mystic forge recipe that I can use with my copious amounts of butter?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    What do you think is the least played prof at this point, and why?

Ranger not hunter. sry.
    Seems like the class I see least often is Engineers... but reguardless the poll seems a bit cheapened by the fact that you only included 1/2 the classes, only reason to do something like that would be if the poll is more for you to pick a class you think you may like but want the least amount of other people playing, in which case the poll should have stated "Of these 4 classes which seems the least played".

Anyways all classes have a good chunk of people playing and even the least picked class is not that far behind the rest of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The original graph has necros on it. That one that delias put up has been cropped.
    Phew - I was thinking I was the only Necro/Tailor in the world...

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not alone. I've started one and i'm amazed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    Sthe poll seems a bit cheapened by the fact that you only included 1/2 the classes, only reason to do something like that would be if the poll is more for you to pick a class you think you may like but want the least amount of other people playing
    not at all. I did not add Warr / Guardian / Ranger because on my server there are ZILLIONS of them.

Deleted
    It really depends on which part of the game you play, for example in PvE there are not many mesmers, in sPvP there are billions of them.