Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
26
... LastLast
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

    A list of terrible issues.

    1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

    I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.
    1. COMPLETELY optional. Not forced at all.

    2. CRZ is absolutely amazing, completely provides the benefits of being on a larger server (people to talk to).

    3. PvP is the best it has ever been at the start of an expac.

    OP, you're crazy. MoP is the BEST expansion.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 10:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ashybawls View Post
    it's so funny to see the fanboys come out in full force when someone voices negative opinions about the game. I find it hard to believe that some people actually see nothing wrong with the xpac.
    I see nothing about it worse than other expansions. I wouldn't say it's perfect, no game is. I would say it is the best WoW has been, however.

  2. #302
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,640
    Quote Originally Posted by ashybawls View Post
    it's so funny to see the fanboys come out in full force when someone voices negative opinions about the game. I find it hard to believe that some people actually see nothing wrong with the xpac.
    It's funny to see the hateboys come out in full force when someone voices positive opinions about the game. I find it hard to believe that some people actually see something wrong with the xpac.

    Honestly though, you can dislike MoP all you want, but the arguments in the OP are just stupid. CRZs in Pandaria are not even enabled and the daily quests thing is, even if you feel you have to do it, not as big as people make it out to be. It doesn't take long to hit revered with those factions, and if you're only going for the gear, revered is all you need and you'll be doing very few dailies, and it'll be over very quickly.

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    Yes it does.
    Let's examine the evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    In TBC you didn't have to farm dailies over and over again
    The evidence points to no, it does not.

  4. #304
    High Overlord ashybawls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It's funny to see the hateboys come out in full force when someone voices positive opinions about the game. I find it hard to believe that some people actually see something wrong with the xpac.

    Honestly though, you can dislike MoP all you want, but the arguments in the OP are just stupid. CRZs in Pandaria are not even enabled and the daily quests thing is, even if you feel you have to do it, not as big as people make it out to be. It doesn't take long to hit revered with those factions, and if you're only going for the gear, revered is all you need and you'll be doing very few dailies, and it'll be over very quickly.
    how am I a hateboy I'm playing MoP and still see that there are some things that are complete shit about it. There are some good things too or else I wouldn't be playing.

  5. #305
    It's a mixed bag, really. A lot is horrible, a lot is nice. Once you leave all the horrible stuff behind it's quite nice.

    Still, CRZ killed any joy of questing alts I had left. Which is a shame, as they put so many recources in making 1-60 interesting again.

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    1. COMPLETELY optional. Not forced at all.

    2. CRZ is absolutely amazing, completely provides the benefits of being on a larger server (people to talk to).

    3. PvP is the best it has ever been at the start of an expac.

    OP, you're crazy. MoP is the BEST expansion.[COLOR="red"]
    1. It's completely essential if you want to do ANYTHING with your character other than stand in the middle of a city.
    2. CRZ is completely pointless, you still have to pay exorbitant money to server transfer and dead servers are still dead.
    3. The way how broken PvP is right now can only be compared to S5 DKs but I'm quite sure it's wasnt that ridiculous back then.

    And that's not to mention that new talent are complete garbage (and dont tell me about how there is a choice, everyone uses the same talents), dungeons are too short and too easy, and raids are too easy aswell (at least not easier than DS, thank god). So yeah, no way in hell MoP is the best expansion. Cant really compare to Cata right now (Cata started well but finished a disaster) but TBC and WotLK are def. superior in every way.

  7. #307
    I don't mind the dailies but I dislike that profession plans(mostly talking about enchanting) are locked behind rep. And the fact that shado pan and the august celestials are locked behind golden lotus. CRZ make it a pain to quest in the old world northrend is when it gets bad, especially with the kill X number of Y quests.

  8. #308
    Cataclysm fucking blew

  9. #309
    1. It's interesting how people who hate dailies and don't want to do them continues to whine about them, but...guess what, the rest of us who didn't mind it are almost done with it now. You know, no more dailies? everything unlocked? Sure, continue you boycott of dailies, it's your toons.

    2. CRZ has been an absolute blast for any and everyone on PvP server. It's not completely foolproof, but it does bring a glimpse of vanilla back. You know, when red = dead? Or are you one of the carebears rolling on PvP server and whining about PvP?

    Almost all arguments on CRZ are strangely all related with the players themselves
    I want more nodes
    I want rare hunter pets
    I want quest mobs
    I want rare mobs (TLPD anyone?)

    It's all about these players themselves. Their tiny concern about the "community" is only about AH prices, which is still about them. Are there bugs about CRZ? Sure, has Blizzard been working on it every single patch since? You bet.

    3. Oh MoP balance is the worst ever been? Hrm...so you will rather have RMP dominance since...arena first started? Warrior/Druid total dominance in TBC? How about the time where every BG players are outgeared by arena players by two tiers?

    The game is fine now, not perfect, not TBC-awesome with big rosy nostalgia glasses, not vanilla-gated behind resistance gear inaccessible. Of course, WoW expansions has never really been judged by it's launch, but the feel of it over its expansion life. I guess we can only watch how Blizzard performs this time round.

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelis View Post
    1. It's interesting how people who hate dailies and don't want to do them continues to whine about them, but...guess what, the rest of us who didn't mind it are almost done with it now. You know, no more dailies? everything unlocked? Sure, continue you boycott of dailies, it's your toons.
    Requires Dominance Offensive

    lol

  11. #311
    I'll say it again.

    The start of MoP is a trillion times worse than the start of Cataclysm.

    It is obviously a ton better than the rest of Cataclysm. But we still have to see the rest of MoP to make a more accurate comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    1. You don't have to do them.
    2. Avoid CRZ zones.
    3. PVP has always been imbalanced. As long as there are different classes it will remain imbalanced.
    1. Daily quests could potentially have been more innovatively designed which would have made the entire experience less repetitive. Just use your imagination and I'm sure that you'll think of something.
    2. People shouldn't be forced away from this zones as they're a rather big part of the game. Perhaps low level characters could be granted immunity to damage from high level opponents from other servers to prevent a ridiculous amount of ganking.
    3. Perfect balance is definitely impossible to reach, but that doesn't neseceraly mean that improvements for serious issues shouldn't be dealt with. I mean you can't honestly say that people should be fine with the current state of class balance and not expect changes.

    I don't know what you're attempting to achieve from this, but you can't seriously belive that people should just ignore issues in the game. Don't be so arrogant.

  13. #313
    Daily quests I've mostly been able to avoid or keep to a minimum.
    I've been having a fun time with PvP, but I'm mostly casual BGs for that, I don't do arenas, I find them to be god awful cookie cutter 30 minute healfests.

    Though I'm totally with you on the CRZ though. I went into MoP thinking this would be more like a bunch of SS/TM style battles in places and lots more questing groups, but instead it led to me completely quitting leveling alts (I've always been a big alt lover, leveling all classes to max each expansion being my preferred "end game" so to speak) I can't even go seriously 30 seconds between deaths before a group of 90s show up in nearly every pre-80 zone I've touched.

    It's all going fine so far as I'm still having fun on my first 90 with PvP and whatnot, but I'm sure soon I'll feel bored and get drawn back to leveling alts, and who knows how long I'll be capable of putting up with it before I cancel sub and wait til the end of the expansion for a fresh run before the next one lands.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 12:25 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It's funny to see the hateboys come out in full force when someone voices positive opinions about the game. I find it hard to believe that some people actually see something wrong with the xpac.
    Why does everyone on this board have the argument skills of a 6 year old? Seriously, what the fuck part of your brain said that retarded rubber-glue arguments like this are a good idea? Or the endless strawman and rhetoric always streaming out in these topics.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    Requires Dominance Offensive

    lol
    and? it's just one faction giving 2 496 stuff that you can get from Heart of Fear or Terrace.

    Or do you belong to the group of people who needs items equivalent to the raid you are getting them from, in order to beat that same raid's encounter? Are you being forced to do LFR too?

    LFR and Dailies are NOT mandatory for progression.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7924838?page=1

  15. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Is it just me or have anyone else barely noticed CRZ? I only leveled 85-90 and done pet battles to 25. but have not seen any imbalanced zones
    I've hardly been in the CRZ zones since Pandaria released. The most obvious part was having the sun shift going in/out of Stormwind during Hallow's Eve.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  16. #316
    1) Dailies are optional and really not that bad. You get valor, rep, gold, and charms from them...that's a lot of rewards for something that's very easy and stress-free.

    2) I LOVE crz. I love seeing other people run around, I love talking to them, and I love the random PvP that starts up on occasion. I haven't enjoyed leveling so much in YEARS.

    3) PvP will never be completely balanced, and it's nowhere close to a 'disaster' compared to some past seasons.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

  17. #317
    Field Marshal zacharyk88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    your mom's house
    Posts
    83
    holy crap what is wrong with cross realm zones? it's a great way to let people hang out with their friends on other servers without having to pay for a transfer. and it livens up dead realms.
    also once one is in the brawler's guild they can invite others into it so it won't be controlled by money for very long
    Lok'tar ogar! victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde, I give my flesh and blood freely to the warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my warchief's command. From this moment until the end of days I live and die- For the Horde

  18. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    1) Dailies are optional and really not that bad. You get valor, rep, gold, and charms from them...that's a lot of rewards for something that's very easy and stress-free.
    Honestly, I think that is the biggest complaint. They are so rewarding compared to other activities that you feel like you are gimping yourself if you don't do them. That said, I hate dailies but I'm still having a great time in MoP.

    1) Yes Dailies suck. Don't do them at all, or do them in moderation so they aren't too painful.
    2) CRZ is fine, most of the problems revolve around node/mob spawining being too slow. If you are on a PvP server, I am assuming you want to PvP.
    3) I can sympathize if you only play one class and your class got pissed on by Blizz. It happens. PvP is usually fairly balanced, but the start of an xpack is always bad. Really though this is nothing new.

    There were so many good changes made outside of these 3 things. In fact I can add a few more poor design decisions to your list, and the fun in MoP still comes out ahead.

  19. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    1. It's completely essential if you want to do ANYTHING with your character other than stand in the middle of a city.
    2. CRZ is completely pointless, you still have to pay exorbitant money to server transfer and dead servers are still dead.
    3. The way how broken PvP is right now can only be compared to S5 DKs but I'm quite sure it's wasnt that ridiculous back then.

    And that's not to mention that new talent are complete garbage (and dont tell me about how there is a choice, everyone uses the same talents), dungeons are too short and too easy, and raids are too easy aswell (at least not easier than DS, thank god). So yeah, no way in hell MoP is the best expansion. Cant really compare to Cata right now (Cata started well but finished a disaster) but TBC and WotLK are def. superior in every way.
    1. Bullshit. That is completely false. I have a guildy that has been pugging Heart of Fear and MSV on his rogue alt and he's never done a single daily on his main OR his alt. He raids on both and he does no dailies. They are not essential at all. They are 100% completely optional. Hell, the gear rewards are ALREADY obsolete because Heart of Fear is out. Furthermore, for every single class / spec / role outside of blood DK, prot warrior, and prot paladin? PvP gear is pretty much as good as valor point gear for PvE. Saying that they are essential just tells me one thing: you're making things up.

    2. What? CRZ isn't meant to fill up dead servers. You must have no idea what it is for. Here's a hint: it's to make leveling up in questing zones a more social experience. That's all it is there for. And it's absolutely fantastic.

    3. No, S5 DKs were substantially more OP. It was much more ridiculous back then and why didn't you mention ret paladins? They were just as obscenely OP as DKs were in S5.

    The new talents are amazing and there's plenty of choices. If people use the same talents, that says nothing except that most people are sheep and want to be led around by the nose.

    The dungeons could never be too short, that's an oxymoron. Challenge modes are the most challenging 5 mans we've had yet, why not talk about them? The raids are FAR from too easy. They are too hard if anything.

    MoP is easily the best expansion. TBC was the worst, btw. Worst PvP balance, worst raids, worst dungeons, worst questing zones, worst reputation grinds, worst story, etc.

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelis View Post
    and? it's just one faction giving 2 496 stuff that you can get from Heart of Fear or Terrace.

    Or do you belong to the group of people who needs items equivalent to the raid you are getting them from, in order to beat that same raid's encounter? Are you being forced to do LFR too?

    LFR and Dailies are NOT mandatory for progression.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7924838?page=1
    Saying something over and over again does not make it true. No matter how many times blue posters and blizzard worshippers say this content is not mandatory, obviously many, many players feel that they are. The rewards are simply too good to be ignored.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •