Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
27
... LastLast
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'll say it again.

    The start of MoP is a trillion times worse than the start of Cataclysm.

    It is obviously a ton better than the rest of Cataclysm. But we still have to see the rest of MoP to make a more accurate comparison.
    I would never agree with this. Cata had very little non-dungeon / raid content. MoP does. Cata had ridiculously overtuned 5 mans which caused nothing but grief and made tons of people quit the game. MoP has very fun and well tuned 5 mans with the option for a more challenging experience. Etc.

    MoP's start is the best WoW has ever been, hands down.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 02:07 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Saying something over and over again does not make it true. No matter how many times blue posters and blizzard worshippers say this content is not mandatory, obviously many, many players feel that they are. The rewards are simply too good to be ignored.
    Who cares how people "feel?" That means nothing. The simple FACT is that you can easily clear MSV in 5 man gear and you can easily clear Heart of Fear in MSV + 5 man gear. They aren't mandatory, they are completely optional. This isn't an opinion. If you "feel" differently, then you should spend some time in introspection because your "feelings" are leading you astray. Absolute nonsense, you really didn't think that through at all, did you?

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

    A list of terrible issues.

    1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

    I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.

    Nope.

    PvP is not that much different than the beginning of every other Xpac and as always healing ruins PvP a long with too much CC,
    CRZ is the best thing to happen to WoW since many realms are (or were and will be again) severely lacking,
    and Daily Quests are the only thing keeping you paying monthly fees along with hopes of quick patches, PokeWoW, Gear Carousels, and gated Raids.

    This is a severe case of the Grass is always Greener. These are the exact opposite of the complaints I had throughout Cataclysm; IE: Nothing to do, Nobody to play with, PVP is boring and ruled by Heroic raiding weapons.

  3. #323
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,895
    I played the 10 day trial of MoP, couldn't get past 85 due to it being a trial, but so far I have no desire to buy the game. If I had to compare WoW to what it used to be... It's complete trash. Aside from the story, it's the same ol' crap. I heard people saying how the questing was amazing... not to mention that questing shouldn't be the flare of an expansion, but there's NOTHING different. Upon logging in, I had to get on the horde plane, go to pandaria, get shot down... and what's the first thing I have to do? "Go slay 15 alliance and ignite 10 supplies." If you're truly defending this game, you're biased and your opinion means nothing.

    If anyone had to take anyone's opinion seriously, I believe mine would be fair... My opinion, PvP does suck... it shouldn't, especially since it's been part of the game since the very beginning... class balancing should be first priority, but it's not. The introduction storyline isn't very good... You don't get to know the characters well and if you really want to get engaged in the lore, you have to go outside the game and read the comics. Overall, I'm not pleased with this expansion, the state of PvP hasn't improved, blizzard still has no clue what to do at endgame rather than have the players do dailies/heroics/raids. MoP brought nothing of value to the game... Pretty much at this point, I don't see WoW recovering.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  4. #324
    I think it's hilarious that Blizzard adds more content to MoP and people complain that there's too much content. Hysterically funny.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Linca View Post
    Anytime someone complains about long rep grinds, I figure they must have ignored or forgotten about Netherwing Ledge. I remember doing Netherwing for a good 30 days to hit exalted or the like (Albeit, with the extra eggs). These rep grinds are mostly a joke compared to that. I'm not saying that it makes rep grinding 'okay because of how it was in BC' but... getting multiple things to Revered within a week or so isn't really all that bad these days.
    Those were optional. All dailies in the past have been optional. The dailies this xpac are REQUIRED to spend Valour. They give a billion ways to obtain valour, seemingly understanding that everyone likes to do things differently. Then they say "If you wanna spend it, you better daily"

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I played the 10 day trial of MoP, couldn't get past 85 due to it being a trial, but so far I have no desire to buy the game. If I had to compare WoW to what it used to be... It's complete trash. Aside from the story, it's the same ol' crap. I heard people saying how the questing was amazing... not to mention that questing shouldn't be the flare of an expansion, but there's NOTHING different. Upon logging in, I had to get on the horde plane, go to pandaria, get shot down... and what's the first thing I have to do? "Go slay 15 alliance and ignite 10 supplies." If you're truly defending this game, you're biased and your opinion means nothing.
    Errr... what? I love quests like that. I always have. I absolutely love RPG quests. I love that sense of fulfillment you get when you finish them. I love getting small rewards for them. When I stepped off the zeppelin, landing in Pandaria, I felt pure and unadulterated joy. I hadn't played WoW in 9 months. During those 9 months, I played Star Wars: The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2 for short periods of time. All they did was make me want to play WoW again. Call me biased, that's meaningless. I love this game. I find it impossible to get bored of it forever. It's the most fun game I've ever played and my favorite game of all time. I don't give a rat's ass if you think I'm "biased." Such a nonsense term. There's nothing objective about opinions. Biased... absolute nonsense. That means NOTHING.

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Those were optional. All dailies in the past have been optional. The dailies this xpac are REQUIRED to spend Valour.
    And you are required to "spend Valour" why? And if you really feel you MUST spend it, next patch you can do so on upgrading gear you get from heroics, pvp and raiding.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  8. #328
    On my server they merged the 3 biggest EU servers (frostmane, outland, kazzak), so yeh, bored people 1shotting alts everywhere
    Thank god i quitted. I totally agree with the fact this is the worst Xpac ever. Cata was the tip of shitmountain, Pandaria is barely the neck.. more to come im sure.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    The simple FACT is that you can easily clear MSV in 5 man gear and you can easily clear Heart of Fear in MSV + 5 man gear. They aren't mandatory, they are completely optional. ...
    Not trying to defend his post, but I will say this. They are mandatory if you want to get into HoF as soon as possible. If you are content on leaving it up to RNG then yeah you will probably get in eventually.(but RNG is RNG and it possible to never get a single drop from MSV just extremely unlikely) My main has enough to get into LFR HoF this week, but that is with 2 valor pieces, and 2 holiday loot pieces. Definitely not mandatory, but not doing them is extremely sub-optimal. However, you can do a minimum amount of dailies each day and get revered with Golden Lotus fairly quickly.

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Those were optional. All dailies in the past have been optional. The dailies this xpac are REQUIRED to spend Valour. They give a billion ways to obtain valour, seemingly understanding that everyone likes to do things differently. Then they say "If you wanna spend it, you better daily"
    Before, valor gear was mandatory. You had to get certain tier pieces with valor.

    Now, however, valor gear is completely optional. You don't need it for anything.

    So, your comparison is flawed from the outset. You are not required to get valor points. Why do you think they so heavily reduced the amount of valor you get from raid bosses now? Valor gear is intended for casual players now, not for raiders.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    I think it's hilarious that Blizzard adds more content to MoP and people complain that there's too much content. Hysterically funny.
    Not rlly too much content. Just too much the same shit.
    Assuming you plan on catching up immediatly: You need to do around 55-70 dailies. After that, you need to catch fishies for paggle, and maybe run a hc or 2 or do dungeons. But its all the same. Same grind, different day.

  12. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Not trying to defend his post, but I will say this. They are mandatory if you want to get into HoF as soon as possible. If you are content on leaving it up to RNG then yeah you will probably get in eventually.(but RNG is RNG and it possible to never get a single drop from MSV just extremely unlikely) My main has enough to get into LFR HoF this week, but that is with 2 valor pieces, and 2 holiday loot pieces. Definitely not mandatory, but not doing them is extremely sub-optimal. However, you can do a minimum amount of dailies each day and get revered with Golden Lotus fairly quickly.
    Not true. At all. They are not mandatory for anything. You should already be geared enough for HoF.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 02:19 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Not rlly too much content. Just too much the same shit.
    Assuming you plan on catching up immediatly: You need to do around 55-70 dailies. After that, you need to catch fishies for paggle, and maybe run a hc or 2 or do dungeons. But its all the same. Same grind, different day.
    That's a terrible assumption to make.

  13. #333
    High Overlord Kornstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chios, Greece (Hellas)
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    I would never agree with this. Cata had very little non-dungeon / raid content. MoP does. Cata had ridiculously overtuned 5 mans which caused nothing but grief and made tons of people quit the game. MoP has very fun and well tuned 5 mans with the option for a more challenging experience. Etc.

    MoP's start is the best WoW has ever been, hands down.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 02:07 AM ----------



    Who cares how people "feel?" That means nothing. The simple FACT is that you can easily clear MSV in 5 man gear and you can easily clear Heart of Fear in MSV + 5 man gear. They aren't mandatory, they are completely optional. This isn't an opinion. If you "feel" differently, then you should spend some time in introspection because your "feelings" are leading you astray. Absolute nonsense, you really didn't think that through at all, did you?
    Well, Cata didnt have overtuned 5 man dungeon, you just needed to use your CC. Imo 5 mans in MoP were nice but it was like WotLK, just boring9too easy except from some encounters).... MoP's start is still the best, but i would like to see a bit harder 5 man heroics, those made me sleep while i was healing...

  14. #334
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Errr... what? I love quests like that. I always have. I absolutely love RPG quests. I love that sense of fulfillment you get when you finish them. I love getting small rewards for them. When I stepped off the zeppelin, landing in Pandaria, I felt pure and unadulterated joy. I hadn't played WoW in 9 months. During those 9 months, I played Star Wars: The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2 for short periods of time. All they did was make me want to play WoW again. Call me biased, that's meaningless. I love this game. I find it impossible to get bored of it forever. It's the most fun game I've ever played and my favorite game of all time. I don't give a rat's ass if you think I'm "biased." Such a nonsense term. There's nothing objective about opinions. Biased... absolute nonsense. That means NOTHING.
    You can say you love WoW as much as you want... but if you played from the very beginning, you'd get a headache if you played MoP... NOTHING... IS... NEW. Same ol' stupid quests, go gather that, go kill that, go talk to that person... There's no damn indication that blizzard is trying to change things up. You want to know why it's like that? It's because blizzard is playing the safe card... Cataclysm scared blizzard shitless... they thought that maybe... just maybe, that their baby would die. So now they're sticking to what they know works, but what they fail to realize is that players like myself have seen this same ol' thing for the past 8 years... why on hell would i want to see the same stuff again? Change things up, make me feel like a new player again.

    In the end of the day, you're just another WoW players who Blizzard brainwashed into thinking that stupid quests that you've been doing since level 1 are "fun"...
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Not true. At all. They are not mandatory for anything. You should already be geared enough for HoF.
    I only said mandatory if you want to get in as soon as possible.
    HoF requirement is 470. You cannot get in with dungeon gear. I have had probably average luck with MSV drops, got both holiday pieces I could use, and 2 valor pieces, my most recent valor purchase got my iLevel just to exactly 470.

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    You can say you love WoW as much as you want... but if you played from the very beginning, you'd get a headache if you played MoP... NOTHING... IS... NEW. Same ol' stupid quests, go gather that, go kill that, go talk to that person... There's no damn indication that blizzard is trying to change things up. You want to know why it's like that? It's because blizzard is playing the safe card... Cataclysm scared blizzard shitless... they thought that maybe... just maybe, that their baby would die. So now they're sticking to what they know works, but what they fail to realize is that players like myself have seen this same ol' thing for the past 8 years... why on hell would i want to see the same stuff again? Change things up, make me feel like a new player again.

    In the end of the day, you're just another WoW players who Blizzard brainwashed into thinking that stupid quests that you've been doing since level 1 are "fun"...
    No, I would never get a headache. I've been playing RPGs with kill quests like that since I was a kid. I will never get tired of it. Never. I wanted MoP to be "safe." When I resubbed and purchased MoP, I was thinking to myself "please don't be too different, I'm tired of different, I just want more of my favorite game."

    I thought that quests like that were fun LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before I ever played WoW. Long before MMOs even existed.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 02:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I only said mandatory if you want to get in as soon as possible.
    HoF requirement is 470. You cannot get in with dungeon gear. I have had probably average luck with MSV drops, got both holiday pieces I could use, and 2 valor pieces, my most recent valor purchase got my iLevel just to exactly 470.
    Wait... what do you mean by "HoF requirement is 470?" No, there's no ilevel requirement for that raid. Just form your group and go into it. You might not down any bosses if the group isn't good enough, but you won't be turned away from the entrance because of your ilevel. A raid leader might not invite you because of a lower ilevel but that's not Blizzard's fault and you can just form your own group instead.

  17. #337
    these thread are funny they normally go like this:

    "I hate MoP because of the dailies"
    "Well that's your opinion, the dailies are fine"
    "Well that's YOUR opinion, they are not!"
    "WELL THAT'S YOUR OPINION!, THEY ARE FINE!"

    Can people not just all agree that unless its backed up with some link to research/facts/official press releases, etc then of course its just someone's opinion do we always have to state the obvious.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornstyle View Post
    Well, Cata didnt have overtuned 5 man dungeon, you just needed to use your CC. Imo 5 mans in MoP were nice but it was like WotLK, just boring9too easy except from some encounters).... MoP's start is still the best, but i would like to see a bit harder 5 man heroics, those made me sleep while i was healing...
    I never used CC in Cata dungeons, no idea what you are talking about. By overtuned I mean that that the boss fights had far too little room for error, causing wipe after wipe in dungeons like Grim Batol. That's not a good experience for a random group trying to get starter gear. That kind of difficulty should be completely optional. The current standard of easy gearing dungeons and super hard optional dungeons is amazing and the best 5 man situation in WoW history. If you want more challenging 5 mans, just run challenge modes. They aren't cakewalks by any means. And don't give me that nonsense people keep saying like "those dungeons aren't designed for players like me." That's absolute nonsense. Either you want a challenging 5 man or you don't.

  19. #339
    I am Murloc! Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    5,389
    Cata: nothing to do. WORST EXPAC EVER!
    mop: plenty of things to do. WORST EXPAC EVER!

    this is why i hate the WoW community.

  20. #340
    Herald of the Titans Aqua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,636
    I like the part where facts were used and opinion in no way made this first post completely pointless to read.

    Y'know dude, I could give a list. A nice long list with detailed descriptions and pro's and con's of things I think are wrong with MoP, 10x more thought out and interesting than the generic grade-A tosh you're spewing, check them against the problems that would arise if they were removed or changed, and then actually ask the community about their take on such ideas and just MAYBE I might get less bile than you're being thrown.

    But no, you took 1 minute tops to write that in a huff and have gained 0 points or worth. Your brainless ramblings are opinion, not fact. Get off the soapbox and go home.
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Yeah, it's always WAR WAR WAR untill..BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?? GLORIOUS LOOT!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •