Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
... LastLast
  1. #441
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Anti-Frost Mage Camp.
    Posts
    16,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    2) CRZ is awesome, stop hating. But then again... opinions and all that.
    When I have a positive experience with CRZ, I'll let you know.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  2. #442
    I fully support this thread.

    A) Dailies are a chore. They exist to gate content and slow down professions and gearing.

    B) Challenge modes are pointless. There are only a few people on each realm who think their times matter, but they are wrong.

    C) Scenarios... /snore

    D) Leveling is bland, monotone and banal... like the story of MoP.

    E) CRZ suck for the economics of the realms and collecting of rare mounts/pets.

    F) Talents are more cookie cutter then ever and remove the option to be bad. Just like the whole expansion they are aimed for scrubs.

  3. #443
    Quote Originally Posted by Linca View Post
    Anytime someone complains about long rep grinds, I figure they must have ignored or forgotten about Netherwing Ledge. I remember doing Netherwing for a good 30 days to hit exalted or the like (Albeit, with the extra eggs). These rep grinds are mostly a joke compared to that. I'm not saying that it makes rep grinding 'okay because of how it was in BC' but... getting multiple things to Revered within a week or so isn't really all that bad these days.
    You did that for a drake. That´s cosmetics. No raidleader will bark at you if you don´t own that drake.

    In BC we had attunements and gained reputation while doing BT. Then in WotLK we had to grind rep for Sons of Hodir. Only that. In Cata we had to grind rep for Therazane. The reputation for your head enchant was earned until you hit 85. And now? We could grind rep 24/7 and use the night as well and still don´t get all the stuff we need in a managable timescale.

  4. #444
    lol at this thread i read a new one everyday funfunfun!

    anywayy
    1) dont do dailys or just do what i can imagine alot of people do ! ( do them when you can be arsed or need 400g to buy ur Darkmoon trinket or some shit)
    2) tbh cross realm zones are great and getting ganked is fun because it normally starts a guild brawl <3 and tbh only time i notice CRZ is when i go outside sw and see loads of people sluging it out and im on a medium pop realm and i know a few other realms that got put with mine are also medium/high pop just = more people to annoy while day to day stuff.
    3) i think your dead wrong about pvp its not that bad actually tbh after they tweak a few classes (hunters/war's and mages this is coming from a mage) it should be alright.

    ofc people should take what i say with a pinch of salt because these are my opinions.

    conzigs out ( sounded so much better in my head)
    Last edited by conzigs; 2012-11-06 at 10:25 AM.

  5. #445
    Fanboys will hate, but this thread is right. MoP is a horrible expansion and it has terrible design decisions. And it won't get ANY better. Just look at what they're doing with Brawler's Guild on 5.1, making it invite-only and not instanced, against any common sense aswell as the will of most players.
    WoW is killing itself, and it's not just age.

  6. #446
    i kind of agree with you magemaer !! only problem i have with brawlers guild is that they have added realm firsts even tho its invite only so basically what will happen is. the same guy who got all the other realm first will get it because he will just get his guildies to buy all the invertations and knock out all the competition. and that is utter bullshite. for example seems funny how @mop launch over 90% of my realm was stuck on the dam ship for over 3 hours while the same guy who got all the realmfirsts last expansion was leveling with his friend and by time i got playing aka 5 hours after been sat on the dam gunship he was already 88 . but meh shit happens !

  7. #447
    What's wrong with PvP? Need some practice?

  8. #448
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I fully support this thread.

    A) Dailies are a chore. They exist to gate content and slow down professions and gearing.
    I've started doing dailies 2 weeks after the release of the expansion and I just hit revered with the last one, which means technically I could stop doing them if I wanted to now. It took me about 4 weeks to get there and if I only wanted revered with those factions that give gear all I had to do was about 10-20 maybe 25 dailies. Right now only doing Shado-Pan and August Celestials it's about 10 per day. Now in that time I only got like 4000 Valor Points which means about 2 pieces of gear from the vendors. And some of that gear was even available before revered. It's absolutely not neccessary to hurry up and get to revered as fast as possible, because you'll be lacking the VP to get all the gear anyway. It will be several weeks if not months to get all I want from the vendors.

    Now as for gating content, what content is gated exactly? The daily quests themselves? If that's what you mean, yeah that's good. It shows the storyline is progressing over the weeks. It feels better than just making all dailies available from day one.

    If you mean raid content is gated because it takes a while to get the gear from the factions, then no. Heart of Fear was just made available. Raid content is gated because they're holding back the raids. Has nothing to do with the daily quests.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    B) Challenge modes are pointless. There are only a few people on each realm who think their times matter, but they are wrong.
    On the one hand you're complaining about scrubs, on the other hand you're saying the achievements of the people who do challenge modes don't matter. Why does it not matter? I'm personally not interested in challenge modes, but if there are a few people, who enjoy them, just let them have fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    C) Scenarios... /snore
    Scenarios are a really cool thing, right now I just feel there's no real reason for me to do them, because I don't get anything out of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    D) Leveling is bland, monotone and banal... like the story of MoP.
    I don't feel like that at all. Leveling is anything but monotonous, unless you're not paying any attention. I really like the story of MoP, they've done a great job on it. All of the races are interesting, the zones are great. I especially like the mantid. So what exactly is it that you feel is bland, monotonous and banal about the story?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    E) CRZ suck for the economics of the realms and collecting of rare mounts/pets.
    They are not enabled for Pandaria, so unless you're leveling up lots of low level toons, it's not gonna have any effect on your gameplay. The whole reason behind the CRZ is to make sure the zones aren't empty. That way, when you're playing through the zones, you will feel like it's really an active world. That was one of the complaints people made when leveling up in previous expansions. If you'd prefer empty zones just so that you can farm more easily, you shouldn't play an MMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    F) Talents are more cookie cutter then ever and remove the option to be bad. Just like the whole expansion they are aimed for scrubs.
    Talents aren't cookie cutter. At all. In fact if you say they removed the option to be bad, that must mean that whatever talents you choose, it's still viable. That way there can be no cookie cutter. If there was a cookie cutter that would mean if you take anything else but that, you're bad. And that's not the case. I see lots of people with different talents than mine.

  9. #449
    well said nidoriel one thing i would like to say to the QQers that just moan all the time your just like my irl friend and as i keep saying to him the more effort you put in the more fun you have its as simple as that. anyway im done with this thread wasted to much time already !!

  10. #450
    Bloodsail Admiral Aurust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrov View Post
    What's wrong with PvP? Need some practice?
    I dont play the game, so no i dont need any practice. Im just reading that its terrible atm with completely out of control CC. Not surprising... something happened at blizz.... diablo 3 was a turd and now they crapped this xpac out and are trying to pass off artificially gated content as real content.

    People that say just play on a pvp realm.... well pay for their xfer fee. Before CRZ pvp realms were not gankfests, sure ud die once in a while but not like it is meow. If Gw2 can offer free server transfers, why cant wow?

  11. #451
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I dont play the game, so no i dont need any practice. Im just reading that its terrible atm with completely out of control CC. Not surprising... something happened at blizz.... diablo 3 was a turd and now they crapped this xpac out and are trying to pass off artificially gated content as real content.

    People that say just play on a pvp realm.... well pay for their xfer fee. Before CRZ pvp realms were not gankfests, sure ud die once in a while but not like it is meow. If Gw2 can offer free server transfers, why cant wow?
    What's the point of coming to a WoW forum to post about what you read on a WoW forum? I don't get it.

  12. #452
    Bloodsail Admiral Aurust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    What's the point of coming to a WoW forum to post about what you read on a WoW forum? I don't get it.
    To give my opinion on the new WOW xpac.....

  13. #453
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    45
    1) dont do dailys if it bothers you that much i do enough dailys per day to give me 13 charms and no more then it dont bother me
    2) yeh that does suck it was fun at first seeing lots of ppl but then it got tedious
    3) pvp balanced never has been never will be (aparently balanced round 3's LOL )

    overall im enjoying the xpac

  14. #454
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    To give my opinion on the new WOW xpac.....
    Your opinion based on no actual experience. Which makes it pretty worthless.

    It's like someone who's never played a Monk going into the Monk forums and arguing about what's wrong with the class. There are plenty of people with actual experience who can make much better arguments than "my opinion matters because I read it somewhere!".

  15. #455
    Bloodsail Admiral Aurust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Your opinion based on no actual experience. Which makes it pretty worthless.

    It's like someone who's never played a Monk going into the Monk forums and arguing about what's wrong with the class. There are plenty of people with actual experience who can make much better arguments than "my opinion matters because I read it somewhere!".
    Ive played enough wow to know MOP is a complete disaster..... I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.

    Enough trolling & provoking
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-07 at 01:57 AM.

  16. #456
    Mechagnome RaZz0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

    A list of terrible issues.

    1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

    I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.

    *** EDIT*** I do not play WOW, so please stop telling me how to play (play on pve server, dailies are optional etc.)

    My final score for this xpac is a 2/10 ( a pretty fair assessment imo , and based on things that im reading I WILL NOT be recommending it to my friends.
    1) They are not forced you don't have to do them if you don't want to i don't mind them i rather have stuff to do other then log in raid and log off
    2) CRZ Can be a tad of a pain but once again i don't mind them that much if you don't like the chance of being ganked don't play on a pvp server
    3) the X-Pac is still young balances and hot fixes are being added like any other x-pack before MoP

    4) if you don't play any more why even bother making a thread if your not going to listen to what others have to say.
    And go with the approach that what you think is what everyone else thinks if they don't then they are stupid.
    If you don't like the game un sub and move on no one will know that you're gone any way

  17. #457
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    Ive played enough wow to know MOP is a complete disaster..... I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.

    Enough trolling & provoking
    Bout time.

  18. #458
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,832
    I sort of agree. I had very high hopes for MoP. I was excited to play and level. And then it all went downhill. The "forced" daily grinds (let's not get into specifics, for most of us who enjoyed the game they were required). The constant talk about going back to Wrath level of difficulty, yet IMHO even MSV isn't exactly a cakewalk despite being intended as the "entry level" raid (again up for speculation, my opinion only), and is a bit too difficult for the average guild even on Normal mode, when the expectation (perhaps the wrong expectation) was that it would be pretty trivially easy since there were two other "tiers" of raiding coming out. The dungeons got old very fast (not exactly unexpected, however). Scenarios were an interesting idea, and one that should be improved upon, but totally worthless since they don't seem to serve a purpose other than giving some VP, and therefore there's no reason to run them; they would have been better if the first time you ran them you got a quest that rewarded a 450 iLevel blue piece so at least they would serve a purpose as a stepping stone to heroics (and they are meant to be like the old group quests, which usually rewarded a blue item). The new thing with the Brawler's Guild requiring you to buy an invite is silly as well, it seems like they are just arbitrarily gating content for no reason. The BMAH itself seems to exist just to allow the 1% of rich players a way to waste money, while nobody else can get anything there. Even the plethora of rares aren't worth anything because they drop BOP gear, so there's no point in actually hunting rares (and the corresponding achievement doesn't reward anything, so there's not much incentive outside of those who just like achievements), and many of the very rare world drops are downright silly (epic BoE pieces with MoP green iLevels?)

    In short, it turns out MoP was not for me. Not that it was "horrible" or the worst expansion, as that's all opinions, just it didn't appeal to me once the shine has worn off.
    NOBLESHIELD
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Twitch Stream | Wayniac#1291


  19. #459
    Mechagnome Mikehuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Frozen Throne
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

    A list of terrible issues.

    1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

    I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.

    *** EDIT*** I do not play WOW, so please stop telling me how to play (play on pve server, dailies are optional etc.)

    My final score for this xpac is a 2/10 ( a pretty fair assessment imo , and based on things that im reading I WILL NOT be recommending it to my friends.

    Hey everyone this person dislike the WoW expansion...I guess we have to follow this person view on it and say its a '2/10'.

  20. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Scenarios were an interesting idea, and one that should be improved upon, but totally worthless since they don't seem to serve a purpose other than giving some VP, and therefore there's no reason to run them; they would have been better if the first time you ran them you got a quest that rewarded a 450 iLevel blue piece so at least they would serve a purpose as a stepping stone to heroics (and they are meant to be like the old group quests, which usually rewarded a blue item).
    I find it hard to believe you aren't being sarcastic or something since there literally is a scenario which gives you a 450 ilvl blue weapon from a quest the first time you run it, and the rest of them give you a chance to receive a 450 or 463 (cant remember) blue on completion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •