Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Stood in the Fire Jalfrezi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Durham, England
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

    A list of terrible issues.

    1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

    I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.

    1.) I got finished with them all on 1/11... i didnt feel forced, i just did them since they were an active part of the game. Opinion =/= fact.
    2.) Low level zones are awesome now due to this. Yes... you get ganked, but its only a little bit. Thats the price to pay for playing a PvP realm. nothing stopping you do it.
    3.) I don't PvP so, i couldn't give a shit. But it's always been the same complaints about pvp.

    Here's an idea for you... stop subbing, and go play GW2 or some other junk.

  2. #62
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,039
    I don't seem to understand this CRZ system, how does it work?
    As I've understood it makes zones more populated, in other words - more alive?
    Art is a long and tedious journy, and still so worth it.

    Instagram
    Facebook-Art page

  3. #63
    The only reasons CRZs bug me are in relation to pet battling/collecting.

    Rare pets are hard as shit to find and rare versions of rare pets are just ridiculous because there are five million people camping for these pet spawns.
    There is a pet that only spawns at 12:00 midnight, but every time I go to that zone, it's not yet 12midnight because I'm being CRZ'd into a realm with an earlier time. I really can't stay up until 3 AM just to ensure that whatever realm I'm being put into is at midnight. It's apparently supposed to be up in the morning too, but because people are farming it or maybe I'm just ridiculously fucking unlucky, I've never seen it.
    Other pets only spawn during certain weather conditions, and you guessed it, weather conditions change per whatever CRZ you get forced into. Going from one subzone of a zone to another subzone can change the weather.

    The only problem that is at all justifiable is the first one, which I understand and can accept but is still fucking annoying. The other two, however, are fucking retarded. Seriously just fucking retarded. I can't tell what the time is or what realm I'm in and I can't guess if the weather is going to change the second I enter the area where the pet I need is.

    I know you can manipulate the realm you're in by getting into parties with people, but I don't have friends.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I like CRZ.

    So because my opinion doesn't match yours it's wrong.
    No just mine is because I disagree with you then?

    On my PvE realm CRZ is fine while questing and questing ONLY. Heaven forbid you want to lvl mining or herbing though. Because that will now take you 3-4 times longer. Also heaven forbid you want a to find some rare battle pet made even more rare by the addition of 30 lvl 90s camping their spawns. While questing it is nice to see some folks in the world. That niceness is outweighed by all the little annoyances that accompany CRZ.

  5. #65
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Some people still like their mummies to hold their hands when they are walked to school, even at 18. Does not make them normal or holding the same world view as the majority of people around


    I am now confused. And for the record CRZ happened BEFORE MoP got released. I will say I like seeing new people in the world the tech issues are going to be solved. My only issue is if it's in Pandaria, I won't quit but...It...is not going to be a pretty sight.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    1. Opinions
    2. Opinions
    3. Opinions

    Yeah, ok.
    What are we discussing again? The same topic as yesterday and the day before I guess?
    1. They REMOVED the choice of how people gained rep.
    2. CRZ is only in the old world and has been mostly for the better so I have no beef there.
    3. PvP is undeniably in the worst state since season 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I don't seem to understand this CRZ system, how does it work?
    As I've understood it makes zones more populated, in other words - more alive?
    basically every server is linked to 3 or 4 servers whenever you go into a zone that isnt stormwind or in pandaria you are linked with those people from those 4 servers alot of people complain that his takes away resources or rare spwans but what they dont realize is that since cata blizzard has implemented a system where respawns of mobs/nodes goes up per person in a zone.

    for example anyone who lvled in pandaria on launch will tell you how mobs seemed to respawn pretty much right after death to the point where you could end up fighting 5 or so mobs just to leave one spot.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  8. #68
    I agree that the dailys are a step backwards.

    But the pve content is simply amazing. I havn't had this much fun in pve since tbc, and I've been a hardcore raider at all times.

    As for pvp, when isn't it unbalanced? There's always one or two fotm specs.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I am now confused. And for the record CRZ happened BEFORE MoP got released. I will say I like seeing new people in the world the tech issues are going to be solved. My only issue is if it's in Pandaria, I won't quit but...It...is not going to be a pretty sight.
    blizzard said lots of times they dont plan on adding crz to pandaria until the next expansion. crz is an old content feature
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  10. #70
    1. Opinion. Dailies are not forced unless you force it yourself. I have literally only done max 2 days of dailies per week (only to cap enough for charm if I want it) I only hit honored with golden lotus, haven't started with August, still friendly with Shado-pan, only just hit revered with Klaxxi. I don't even bother trying to get VP maxed. The gears you can get from these are all obtainable from Raid! And if you don't even raid, why even bother getting these?

    2. Opinion once again. I believe CRZ is freaking great. Now, I'm able to play with my friends outside of my server simply by just being invited to their group! Now when I go outside of ogrimmar, it is no longer the dead server it used to be, now durotar is filled with plenty of people to duel with.
    If you don't like to be ganked when leveling your alt but still picked a PVP server? Solution : ask your friend on a PVE server to invite you so you are no longer ganked!
    You're in an overpopulated server and can't seem to quest in pandaria? Solution : ask your friend on a low population server to invite you and enjoy the non-existence of others to take your mobs!
    Seriously, certain people complaining CRZ about the above are just too lazy to look for solutions widely open, and made available by what? OH YEAH! CRZ!

    3. the start of every expansion has always been unbalanced in PVP. People don't really test for PVP in beta. Just hang in there, and 5.1 is going to help a little. PVP has never been balanced ever.
    Last edited by hplaner; 2012-11-04 at 05:39 PM.

  11. #71
    I agree with ur first point, but not so much for the 2nd and third. in CRZ if you play on a PvP server, which you choosed to play on. If you don't want to be ganked, play on a PvE server. I can't really comment on PvP since I haven't been doing it since TBC (R.I.P. old Alterac Valley).

    Whie MoP is not as good as TBC and WotLK, it is still FAR better than Cata.

  12. #72
    OP: Sounds like you only played since Wrath or Cata....MoP seems like it is more related to Vanilla and BC than any other expansion so far. Everyone cried for Blizz to go back to that, and then when they did they cried again because it was:

    1. Too hard?
    2. Get ganked too much out in the world?
    3. Get owned in PvP?

    Seriously, people will always complain about the same things in different ways.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I don't seem to understand this CRZ system, how does it work?
    As I've understood it makes zones more populated, in other words - more alive?
    Temporarily merges realms together within zones, so whenever you enter a zone, let's say Elwyn Forest, you will be phased into a new cross realm phase where you can meet people from other servers. This means that even if you play on a full server, in the past zones like Searing Gorge could be completely empty, but now people will be added from zones all over the place and there will always be at least someone there. This means it's incredibly easy to gank/be ganked as a low level without flying, and you will always have to compete with mining and herbing nodes against others.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    1. They REMOVED the choice of how people gained rep.
    2. CRZ is only in the old world and has been mostly for the better so I have no beef there.
    3. PvP is undeniably in the worst state since season 5.
    What choice did people have to gain rep in TBC, Wrath or Cata? They only had one choice.
    That is your opinion on PvP which many people don't share.

  15. #75
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    268

    re:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulderfox View Post
    Unfortunately not everyone is as interested in mature, constructive discussion.

    I enjoy CRZ as well. It's nice to see horde and alliance out in the world again while questing and especially while leveling alts.


    I couldn't agree with this more. I actually like seeing people out in the zones. Don't get me wrong- I think they need to fix some of the issues WITH it, but it's not that big of a deal to me. I like the MMO to feel like a multiplayer game.

    If you don't like getting ganked... transfer to a non PVP server.

  16. #76
    I am a happy raider and did dailies only for only a few days. I really do not need anything from dailies. But for those who really like doing dailies in long term it can be rewarding for them.

  17. #77
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I don't seem to understand this CRZ system, how does it work?
    As I've understood it makes zones more populated, in other words - more alive?
    That was the intended reason. The actual implimentation of it has been a disaster.

    When you used to be able to have 3 clients open to take alts out to raise them, now becomes a zone server nightmare that can literally shut down the clients (as Battle.net is that slow to respond, and the clients are disconnected. When disconnected, clients crash to desktop).

    The other issue with CRZ is limited nodes -- never designed for CRZ. It used to be the competition was between Alliance and Horde for the nodes, but all resources stayed on your realm. So if you didn't get it, someone else did and can sell it. It all went back into the realm economy. Now it can be divided into 10+ realms, and the node respawn times not adjusted for now 10+ realms competing for the SAME limited nodes for ONE realm.

    Blizzard claims that is how it was always designed. That is totally false, as CRZ is a new feature that didn't exist even during 99% of Cata. Node competition was always a one realm feature and spawn times were adjusted accordingly. To make nodes work appropriately now is to up the times at a rate to support 10+ realms. Blizzard isn't doing that, and using it as a cheap gating mechanic.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  18. #78
    ITT: Everyone defending MoP with all their might and (wrong in majority) constructive counter arguments.
    The daily quests grind is bad. It really is and if you think otherwise, well... its your opinion.
    Kabukage 85 Tauren Shaman - Ahn'Qiraj EU
    Gandalug 85 Dwarf Paladin - Emerald Dream EU

  19. #79
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Lot's of this expansion is continuing the further progression that Blizzard has been amazing at. However key and glaring aspects are obvious regressions designed to stretch out content so that you will always have "something" to do even if it isn't appealing. Saying it's optional is good, however when people take the option not to do it they end up looking around and asking what to do. The key is to make optional systems that are rewarding enough and that are enjoyable enough that people WANT to do them. Not optional content that is balls and that people only do because they can get gear out of it. IN the former virtually no one complains. I don't really recall to many instances of people claiming they were forced to run heroics in cata but you didn't actually need to run them. Yes they were hard and people bitched but you could skipped them. The latter instance, what we have now with dailies, well people are coming out in droves insisting they are forced because they don't like the content and they're only doing it because of the parceled out piece meal reward.

    The end game of this game is the least rewarding it's ever been save for vanilla when their was virtually no reward. Some people like it I guess. Sadists mostly. They ALWAYS have something to do even though it's something that isn't very appealing to many of us and something that gets you nowhere.

    As for CRZ I have never had any problem with but I suspect and suspected that throwing entire battlegroups together wold lead to some pretty bullshit behavior on the part of the community. It's very easy to understand. People are on the internet are dicks. When you get them together (and I should add you make the game as frustrating and unrewarding as possible leading to the much studied and understood http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frustra...ression_theory) then it's just a recipe for disaster.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-04 at 05:45 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  20. #80
    Field Marshal Kilos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    No just mine is because I disagree with you then?

    On my PvE realm CRZ is fine while questing and questing ONLY. Heaven forbid you want to lvl mining or herbing though. Because that will now take you 3-4 times longer. Also heaven forbid you want a to find some rare battle pet made even more rare by the addition of 30 lvl 90s camping their spawns. While questing it is nice to see some folks in the world. That niceness is outweighed by all the little annoyances that accompany CRZ.
    I keep forgetting lazy ppl just don't want things to be hard. Maybe they shoudld just give maxlvl when you learn a profession? =)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •