Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i kind of agree with you magemaer !! only problem i have with brawlers guild is that they have added realm firsts even tho its invite only so basically what will happen is. the same guy who got all the other realm first will get it because he will just get his guildies to buy all the invertations and knock out all the competition. and that is utter bullshite. for example seems funny how @mop launch over 90% of my realm was stuck on the dam ship for over 3 hours while the same guy who got all the realmfirsts last expansion was leveling with his friend and by time i got playing aka 5 hours after been sat on the dam gunship he was already 88 . but meh shit happens !

Deleted
    What's wrong with PvP? Need some practice?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I fully support this thread.

A) Dailies are a chore. They exist to gate content and slow down professions and gearing.
    I've started doing dailies 2 weeks after the release of the expansion and I just hit revered with the last one, which means technically I could stop doing them if I wanted to now. It took me about 4 weeks to get there and if I only wanted revered with those factions that give gear all I had to do was about 10-20 maybe 25 dailies. Right now only doing Shado-Pan and August Celestials it's about 10 per day. Now in that time I only got like 4000 Valor Points which means about 2 pieces of gear from the vendors. And some of that gear was even available before revered. It's absolutely not neccessary to hurry up and get to revered as fast as possible, because you'll be lacking the VP to get all the gear anyway. It will be several weeks if not months to get all I want from the vendors.

Now as for gating content, what content is gated exactly? The daily quests themselves? If that's what you mean, yeah that's good. It shows the storyline is progressing over the weeks. It feels better than just making all dailies available from day one.

If you mean raid content is gated because it takes a while to get the gear from the factions, then no. Heart of Fear was just made available. Raid content is gated because they're holding back the raids. Has nothing to do with the daily quests.

B) Challenge modes are pointless. There are only a few people on each realm who think their times matter, but they are wrong.
    On the one hand you're complaining about scrubs, on the other hand you're saying the achievements of the people who do challenge modes don't matter. Why does it not matter? I'm personally not interested in challenge modes, but if there are a few people, who enjoy them, just let them have fun.

C) Scenarios... /snore
    Scenarios are a really cool thing, right now I just feel there's no real reason for me to do them, because I don't get anything out of them.

D) Leveling is bland, monotone and banal... like the story of MoP.
    I don't feel like that at all. Leveling is anything but monotonous, unless you're not paying any attention. I really like the story of MoP, they've done a great job on it. All of the races are interesting, the zones are great. I especially like the mantid. So what exactly is it that you feel is bland, monotonous and banal about the story?

E) CRZ suck for the economics of the realms and collecting of rare mounts/pets.
    They are not enabled for Pandaria, so unless you're leveling up lots of low level toons, it's not gonna have any effect on your gameplay. The whole reason behind the CRZ is to make sure the zones aren't empty. That way, when you're playing through the zones, you will feel like it's really an active world. That was one of the complaints people made when leveling up in previous expansions. If you'd prefer empty zones just so that you can farm more easily, you shouldn't play an MMO.

F) Talents are more cookie cutter then ever and remove the option to be bad. Just like the whole expansion they are aimed for scrubs.
    Talents aren't cookie cutter. At all. In fact if you say they removed the option to be bad, that must mean that whatever talents you choose, it's still viable. That way there can be no cookie cutter. If there was a cookie cutter that would mean if you take anything else but that, you're bad. And that's not the case. I see lots of people with different talents than mine.

Deleted
    well said nidoriel one thing i would like to say to the QQers that just moan all the time your just like my irl friend and as i keep saying to him the more effort you put in the more fun you have its as simple as that. anyway im done with this thread wasted to much time already !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrov View Post
    What's wrong with PvP? Need some practice?
    I dont play the game, so no i dont need any practice. Im just reading that its terrible atm with completely out of control CC. Not surprising... something happened at blizz.... diablo 3 was a turd and now they crapped this xpac out and are trying to pass off artificially gated content as real content.

People that say just play on a pvp realm.... well pay for their xfer fee. Before CRZ pvp realms were not gankfests, sure ud die once in a while but not like it is meow. If Gw2 can offer free server transfers, why cant wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I dont play the game, so no i dont need any practice. Im just reading that its terrible atm with completely out of control CC. Not surprising... something happened at blizz.... diablo 3 was a turd and now they crapped this xpac out and are trying to pass off artificially gated content as real content.

People that say just play on a pvp realm.... well pay for their xfer fee. Before CRZ pvp realms were not gankfests, sure ud die once in a while but not like it is meow. If Gw2 can offer free server transfers, why cant wow?
    What's the point of coming to a WoW forum to post about what you read on a WoW forum? I don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    What's the point of coming to a WoW forum to post about what you read on a WoW forum? I don't get it.
    To give my opinion on the new WOW xpac.....

Deleted
    1) dont do dailys if it bothers you that much i do enough dailys per day to give me 13 charms and no more then it dont bother me
    2) yeh that does suck it was fun at first seeing lots of ppl but then it got tedious
    3) pvp balanced never has been never will be (aparently balanced round 3's LOL )

overall im enjoying the xpac

To give my opinion on the new WOW xpac.....
    Your opinion based on no actual experience. Which makes it pretty worthless.

It's like someone who's never played a Monk going into the Monk forums and arguing about what's wrong with the class. There are plenty of people with actual experience who can make much better arguments than "my opinion matters because I read it somewhere!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Your opinion based on no actual experience. Which makes it pretty worthless.

It's like someone who's never played a Monk going into the Monk forums and arguing about what's wrong with the class. There are plenty of people with actual experience who can make much better arguments than "my opinion matters because I read it somewhere!".
    Ive played enough wow to know MOP is a complete disaster..... I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.

Enough trolling & provoking
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-07 at 01:57 AM.

So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

A list of terrible issues.

1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.

*** EDIT*** I do not play WOW, so please stop telling me how to play (play on pve server, dailies are optional etc.)

My final score for this xpac is a 2/10 ( a pretty fair assessment imo , and based on things that im reading I WILL NOT be recommending it to my friends.
    1) They are not forced you don't have to do them if you don't want to i don't mind them i rather have stuff to do other then log in raid and log off
    2) CRZ Can be a tad of a pain but once again i don't mind them that much if you don't like the chance of being ganked don't play on a pvp server
    3) the X-Pac is still young balances and hot fixes are being added like any other x-pack before MoP

4) if you don't play any more why even bother making a thread if your not going to listen to what others have to say.
    And go with the approach that what you think is what everyone else thinks if they don't then they are stupid.
    If you don't like the game un sub and move on no one will know that you're gone any way

Ive played enough wow to know MOP is a complete disaster..... I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.

Enough trolling & provoking
    Bout time.

I sort of agree. I had very high hopes for MoP. I was excited to play and level. And then it all went downhill. The "forced" daily grinds (let's not get into specifics, for most of us who enjoyed the game they were required). The constant talk about going back to Wrath level of difficulty, yet IMHO even MSV isn't exactly a cakewalk despite being intended as the "entry level" raid (again up for speculation, my opinion only), and is a bit too difficult for the average guild even on Normal mode, when the expectation (perhaps the wrong expectation) was that it would be pretty trivially easy since there were two other "tiers" of raiding coming out. The dungeons got old very fast (not exactly unexpected, however). Scenarios were an interesting idea, and one that should be improved upon, but totally worthless since they don't seem to serve a purpose other than giving some VP, and therefore there's no reason to run them; they would have been better if the first time you ran them you got a quest that rewarded a 450 iLevel blue piece so at least they would serve a purpose as a stepping stone to heroics (and they are meant to be like the old group quests, which usually rewarded a blue item). The new thing with the Brawler's Guild requiring you to buy an invite is silly as well, it seems like they are just arbitrarily gating content for no reason. The BMAH itself seems to exist just to allow the 1% of rich players a way to waste money, while nobody else can get anything there. Even the plethora of rares aren't worth anything because they drop BOP gear, so there's no point in actually hunting rares (and the corresponding achievement doesn't reward anything, so there's not much incentive outside of those who just like achievements), and many of the very rare world drops are downright silly (epic BoE pieces with MoP green iLevels?)

In short, it turns out MoP was not for me. Not that it was "horrible" or the worst expansion, as that's all opinions, just it didn't appeal to me once the shine has worn off.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

A list of terrible issues.

1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.

*** EDIT*** I do not play WOW, so please stop telling me how to play (play on pve server, dailies are optional etc.)

My final score for this xpac is a 2/10 ( a pretty fair assessment imo , and based on things that im reading I WILL NOT be recommending it to my friends.

Hey everyone this person dislike the WoW expansion...I guess we have to follow this person view on it and say its a '2/10'.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Scenarios were an interesting idea, and one that should be improved upon, but totally worthless since they don't seem to serve a purpose other than giving some VP, and therefore there's no reason to run them; they would have been better if the first time you ran them you got a quest that rewarded a 450 iLevel blue piece so at least they would serve a purpose as a stepping stone to heroics (and they are meant to be like the old group quests, which usually rewarded a blue item).
    I find it hard to believe you aren't being sarcastic or something since there literally is a scenario which gives you a 450 ilvl blue weapon from a quest the first time you run it, and the rest of them give you a chance to receive a 450 or 463 (cant remember) blue on completion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't own MoP and I'm not subbed to WoW anymore but I just thought I'd pop my head in and say that compared to all the other expansions the decisions that Blizzard have made with MoP so far are just head-up-the-ass stupid.

CRZs are hell on pvp servers, especially when trying to do dailies. I experienced this myself after they were added in the last days of Cataclysm and I can assure you the frustration that the OP and anyone else you hear complain about them is legitimate. Even running as a group serves as no solace from the constant badgering of those who only seek to disrupt the play of others using this system and the amount of new dailies added with MoP only compounds this problem. I thought my server, Barthilas, was ganking hell before this was implemented. Turns out I didn't know what hell could really be.

As someone who often did every daily I could throughout the daily sections of previous expansions, having too many to do without a daily limit is a real problem. Basically when you do your dailies you want to get your whole daily cycle done as soon as possible and that in turn compels you to log in the next day to punch through them all again to get a sense of achievement. Missing out on any daily kills that sense and makes the game seem overwhelming.

Still on the subject of dailies and reputation tying justice/valor gear to reputation vendors is one of the worst ideas I've heard in a long time, not for the casual players but for the raiders. All the way back to vanilla all the raiders have cared about was being able to raid as efficient as possible, which usually involved farming up ingredients for potions and elixirs in the old days and eventually incorporated other trade skills to make armor and sometimes weapons for the first raid tier. Really late on in Wrath and Cata raiders would sometimes do their daily rotation for gold and mild gear upgrades but this was also just an annoyance and never something they took seriously. The requirement to do dailies for justice/valor gear in order to raid more efficiently is simply a bad idea and only serves to isolate the raiders from a development team that has once again proven that they don't understand this large chunk of players at all.

Brawler's Guild. What is there to say about this subject that hasn't already crossed the mind of most WoW players? Putting the passes on the BMAH was the most laughable and ridiculous decision that I've seen made by Blizzard in several years. Adding a large piece of content that was well-received by players and then only allowing the gold-hoarders and not even the casual players or raiders have access to it at launch is just beyond words. Most players don't hoard gold passed 10k, especially this early in the expansion. The casual and semi-casual players barely ever have that much in their wallets. I'm literally at a loss of words about this subject now because of just how utterly retarded it is from a design standpoint. Also I'm not sure if this is possible right now but being able to buy items from the BMAH that can no longer be obtained in the game is also a disgusting concept and I hope it never happens.

All in all I'm glad that I decided to give this expansion a miss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeasacar View Post
    I don't own MoP and I'm not subbed to WoW anymore but I just thought I'd pop my head in and say that compared to all the other expansions the decisions that Blizzard have made with MoP so far are just head-up-the-ass stupid.
    Yet, you made the decision (for some weird reason noone could possibly fathom) to post here and complain that, funnily enough, there's PVP happening on a PVP server. Fancy that.

All in all I'm glad that I decided to give this expansion a miss.
    And nothing of value was lost.
    Also, we really support your decision to quit wow and encourage you to stay strong, even in case of another expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ = huge desaster . Absolutly hate them
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    In your opinion*
    This guy ^. People need to get a major grip. I've never seen such a bunch of whining brats in my life lol. No wonder i moved to Rift. Like people have said above,

1. You not forced to do Dailys You do understand that you only need to do a few dailys a day in order to keep Coins caped up. If you using coins on every boss your a Retard. You dont have to do it, Get over it.

2. Dont play a PvP Server? For real. You play 1 then bicth about getting ganked? .....Not even going to say anymore cause people saying this are so Stupid.

3. Why? Being a PvPer i belive this has been the most Balanced PvP has ever been IMO. Yeah sure, There are problems with BM hunters, Locks and Warrior. Here a better question. When hasnt there been? Exacty. PvP has all been X class better than X If you wanna be a winner Achs are account bound now baddies.

People digging for something...Why am i even wasting my time lol...
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Deleted
    wow i like this expansion, it will get rid of all the "i want free epics" and "what is elitistjerks.com?" ppl. keep on going blizzard! soon the game will be back to "we dont care about profit as there are close to no subscribers anymore so now we focus on making an awesome game for the semi-hardcore gamers that actually like the game and know how to play"

10+ Year Old Account
    So now that the glitter has worn off....I am thinking this is the best content Blizzard has ever done.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.