Poll: Are you afraid of death?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    No. I live for sleep. The best part of my sad, pathetic, frustrating day is sleep time. I do not fear death. I welcome it. Somewhat worst case scenario, death isn't any different from sleep. So I say, BRING IT.

I have experienced things people shouldn't. Almost dying multiple times. Throughout my life knowing that I may die at any time. In reality, not in some mathematical equation or paranoia. You begin to look at life differently and it's true at reevaluating your principals.

Sad but true.
    Evil is apart of all things, an essential energy of vile corruption. Evil manifests where Good thrives. You cannot have order without chaos. Nor, chaos without order.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    This topic interests me very much. I've found that some people are terrified of dying, while others are not scared of dying at all. Many are curious of what is on the other side, and many eagerly look forward to this eternal rest and nothingness. While eternal nothingness offers peace to some, others find it absolutely terrifying.

Some find solace in religion or other metaphysical beliefs. And some people are simply scared of death because society has conditioned them to fear it. Some hope to reunite with deceased family members, friends and pets after death. Hence the expression, "See you on the other side." Finally there are those who actively seek death. I am curious as to everyone's thoughts on death.

-Are you afraid of death, and why is this/what are your reasons?
    I for one am very afraid of death. I live my life knowing that it is so fleeting, and that one day it will end. While I understand this is a natural part of life.. the actual totality of it all.. Once I die, I'm done.. thats it. I worry about it all.. so much so that I have to force myself not to think about it.. or I go into a deep depression about it (Usually right as I am falling asleep)

i dont think i fear death, but i do fear the way i die.

i've had ...um.. let's called them episodes during which i've passed out and been unable to wake up for 6+ hours.. during that time, i heard nor felt anything... if anything at all, everytime that i woke up, i would feel at peace.. and no, jebus didnt hold my hand nor saw a while light. it was prob the most relaxing experience ever, each and every time..

so if i was to pick a way to die.. it would be that.. or while sleeping......i fear drowning a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not I. Death is the one event we all share. There is no avoiding it. Why fear something that cannot be changed? Personally, I'll be glad to get the rest.

To quote great Neil Gaiman "It is as natural to die as it is to be born". Death is a part of life, and this life is (probably) only one you'll have, so live it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    More afraid of the process than death itself. Having tried to commit suicide in the past 3 different times, it was always other things that kept me here, not death itself being a factor.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I'm not scared of death, I just don't look forward to it.

Dying is as much a part of life as living is.

Deleted
    Hmm, I think that it atleast for me, feels rather pointless to go around and worry and be afraid of something that I can not avoid.
    One day I will die, I am not even at liberty to choose how or when, but with some luck I will live long and get old, and perhapps pass away peacefully in bed.
    As far as religion goes, I am not religious, so I do not belive in a life after this or similar, I just try to live my life to the fullest, and enjoy it as much as I can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i din't fear death, but i do fear the dying part.
    You know going from pefectly fine and living to dead in a most likely horrible way.
    I hope i or someone else have found away in time to help me live forever and skip death totally!

Sure i have had my close calls..traffic close calls..massive iron bar snapping up from bellow almost ripping my head clean of, but luckily it only blew my baseball cap of and tuched the tip of my nose..almost getting crushed by a rock crusher, quick reflexes saved my ass there...
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

I'm not afraid of death as much as I'm afraid of 'dying'. There are many things out there more terrifying than death, a few of which I've been in realistic danger of experiencing, and death was considered a welcome alternative at the time, should it come to pass...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

This poll clearly demonstrates how desperate people are to pretend that they're tough guys. Oooh you voted no on an MMO champ poll! :-0 watch out!

so anyone that isn't afraid of death is instantly a tough guy.

'only 2 things are certain in life, death and taxes'

why if something is inevitable should you be scared of it, it will happen regardless of your emotional feelings of it.

I think instinctively we are all afraid of the final sleep because survival is our base instinctive force that drives us. So yes anyone that says otherwise is just lying because they are not actually dying right now..

someone quoted me and then said i was a tough guy on the last page, the truth is that if your dying in agonizing pain, it really makes no difference, you will soon be dead so why would the manner bother you that much, yes it would be terrible, scary and not wished on by anyone, yet if the end is so close the duration of such a death won't matter after said time as passed. your very unlikely to carry that horrible sensation with you. but yes that is the part which seems to scare most ppl more, the actual manner in which they go, not the actual going. which makes sense, i've always hoped i'd die in my sleep but not many are that lucky.

maybe the poll should of been more like 'are you afraid of death or are you afraid of the method in which you die' then you'd see a better correlation between 'tough guys' and honesty. even so, it still comes back to the fact that either noone or not many ppl are actually terminal in here so the results are tainted by randomness of the moment and not taken from anyone that is actually dying. Ask this question to a ward full of terminal patients and you'll probably get a large majority of ppl that just want to go.

I wasn't exactly planning on getting out of life alive. My time will come some day, preferably after I do some things, haha.

15+ Year Old Account
    No I'm not afraid, but that's mostly because I imagine it being so far in the future I simply don't have to worry about it. If I was diagnosed with a terminal illness I might change my tune.