"Im not sure if this was mentioned somewhere already, but i tested the following with Rupture, because i was concerned if it turns out to be a DPS-loss and you probably want to know:
- Apply 5 CP Rupture with a specific insight level (shallow, moderate, deep)
- Clip the last tick(duration <= 3 seconds) with a 5 CP Rupture of a lower insight level compared to the one you've been in when applying the first Rupture.
The clipped tick not only increased the duration of the new Rupture by up to 3 seconds(this was known before ofc), but also merged the former higher damage due to a higher inside level into the first tick of the new rupture.
- 5 CP no insight ticks: 2429 dmg
- 5 CP deep insight ticks: 3157 dmg
- 5 CP no insight rupture clipping a tick of a 5 CP deep insight rupture ticks: 5585(~2429+3157) dmg for the first tick and the usual 2429 for the others"