Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because, you know, who cares about things like human rights, medical care, education, or things like that when you can make the biggest explosions!
    Wiping is Fun! ™

10+ Year Old Account
    And who cares that America has the largest military when the other nuclear powers could put her back into the Stone Age anyways?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    And who cares that America has the largest military when the other nuclear powers could put her back into the Stone Age anyways?
    "An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind", or in this case, glowing green and populated mostly by roaches.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

Any American who's been outside the states can tell ya that America is much more conservative than the rest of the industrialized world. Our Democratic Party would be like the Conservatives in many other countries. We also seem to be a decade behind everyone else intellectually imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So the only measurement that matters when determining which nation is best is military might?
    If you disagree, we will punch you in the fucking face. How about THAT, buddy?

I want to put a smirking smiley on this, but it looks weird.

The USA have next to no history compared to the "Old World" (USA has at best 500 Years most parts of Europ have about 2000 some even more)
    The USA has a worse educational system than most of the "Old World"
    The USA have really low percentages of voter participation
    The USA have a voting system that values voter in a way that not every vote counts the same for the election
    The USA have 2 party System while a lot of European nations have multiple Partys so if faced with that small base of Possiblitys and little information people go more from there guts

Also and that is absolutly personal.
    How can be people so stupid and vote against Obama?

Deleted
    romney is a total cunt, how can anybody vote him after what he have said about 50% of the ppl being hobos that ruin money from goverment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    "An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind", or in this case, glowing green and populated mostly by roaches.
    Absolutely. Which is why it's an odd measure of American greatness.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

Maybe most of America doesn't vote (myself included) and the ones who don't vote are the Obama supporters? I dunno, what % of non-Americans actually vote?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Absolutely. Which is why it's an odd measure of American greatness.
    The problem with MAD is it stops working the moment someone is. (see what I did there?)
    Wiping is Fun! ™

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    The problem with MAD is it stops working the moment someone is. (see what I did there?)
    *epically high fives Rommon64*

Good work, sir! Damned fine work!

Because the rest of the world is wrong obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    http://iftheworldcouldvote.com/polls/results/
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20008687
    (BBC link added to support first one)

I stumbled across this this morning. As I'm not American myself, I can heavily relate on everything in that poll - how true it is. For those too lazy to click;

- 88.6% of the world would vote for Obama
    - 92% of the world prefer Ron Paul as Republican candidate (with Romney following at a mere 2.4%)

Now, if I'm right, only about 50% of Americans would vote for Obama, and the other 50% for Romney. That is a MASSIVE difference from the views of the rest of this world, and same goes for Ron Paul and his PoV. My guess is that we like him better because even tho some of his ideas suck, he looks HONEST compared to most. (*corrected this last part to better explain my "idea").

What do you guys think, and who can relate to this?

"Surprisingly, support for Romney fails to match Obama's everywhere except Israel... countries such as Iceland, Netherlands, Portugal, Ireland, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, France, Finland, Italy, Turkey, Brazil, Romania, Saudia Arabia & Australia showing 91% support (and up) for Obama" (UPI.com)

EDIT2: Another source to back up; UPI Poll
    EDIT3: Also found this. Very interesting. theworldfor.com
    Because the rest of the world only sees what the international media wants them to see. They haven't been living here and seen the trillion dollar budget deficit for four years straight, the first time in 50 years with a deficit 4 years straight mind you.

They haven't see that Obama has done absolutely nothing in 4 years, that his campaign speeches lined up side by side with the ones from 4 years ago are identical, word for word, making one ponder exactly what he's done in the last four years.

In short, they haven't lived with him for four years and don't see, like any intelligent person, that it's time for hope and change.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

I think it's as simple as.. every culture has its own way of doing and viewing things, dood.

I think it's a little unfair to demonize conservatives. Imagine you are a 50 something white male, married with grandkids with $5M in savings, ready to retire comfortable off dividends and capital gains in your stock portfolio.

Why on earth would he vote for Obama? See Conservatives can do it too.

That's the problem with American politics, it's all so polarized and the leaders HAVE to be right or left wing. No independent will ever get elected and that is unfortunate, because as with all things in nature and science, the middle of the road is almost assuredly the correct path. This is one of the reasons I don't vote. I wouldn't want either candidate to win, so I might as well not have a say in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Because the rest of the world only sees what the international media wants them to see. They haven't been living here and seen the trillion dollar budget deficit for four years straight, the first time in 50 years with a deficit 4 years straight mind you.

They haven't see that Obama has done absolutely nothing in 4 years, that his campaign speeches lined up side by side with the ones from 4 years ago are identical, word for word, making one ponder exactly what he's done in the last four years.

In short, they haven't lived with him for four years and don't see, like any intelligent person, that it's time for hope and change.
    Erm, I have and... erm... I'd vote for Obama over Romney any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    I think it's a little unfair to demonize conservatives. Imagine you are a 50 something white male, married with grandkids with $5M in savings, ready to retire comfortable off dividends and capital gains in your stock portfolio.

Why on earth would he vote for Obama? See Conservatives can do it too.

That's the problem with American politics, it's all so polarized and the leaders HAVE to be right or left wing. No independent will ever get elected and that is unfortunate, because as with all things in nature and science, the middle of the road is almost assuredly the correct path. This is one of the reasons I don't vote. I wouldn't want either candidate to win, so I might as well not have a say in it.
    This is known as the golden mean fallacy. It's literally a formal logical fallacy.

That aside, Obama is the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
    I think it's as simple as.. every culture has its own way of doing and viewing things, dood.
    It's definitely not that simple. Check out this: http://www.usfederalbudget.us/defens...et_2012_3.html

25% of the federal budget goes to military spending. Guess how much education gets? 3%. There is something very very wrong there. You can't say "it's a different way of doing things." That's a cop out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Different history etc. As an American i look at some European politics and think "How could someone support that" It's just how we grew up and our surroundings. Europeans do the same to us, it just goes on and on and on.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see a website where these people give detailed reasons as far as WHY they like one over the other.