Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Supporter of peace yet he gives weapons as presents
    In the book text, Fearbreaker is actually a little too big for Andy, and is too small for Baine. Mostly it's a token of friendship, since it's entirely useless to Baine as a weapon. If it didn't represent more than it did, it would probably make a better paperweight for Baine than anything else. He sends it back to Jaina in Tides as a warning that shiz is about to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thats your opinion. You know how we have quests where our characters are ordered by ones like Garrosh or Nazgrim to go off and do there retarded quests even if we don't want to, yeah thats the same thing. some of us don't want to follow that tool, and some of us don't mind teaming up with Anduin in karashang wilds.

If I had the option ingame, I'd piss on Garrosh's boots.
    A horde guy. Feeling that there are worse things than teaming up with Anduin.

Hate Garrosh (and Nazgrim, for whatever reason) as much as you wish to. Hate war, hate orcs, but for the love of God don't say you would follow Anduin anywhere. This little gay prick is reserved for the Alliance, and we should be gratefull.

I mean, really? Even your avatar seems to try to run away from your post. Anduin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    You will never rise up the ranks with that attitude

but im serious ive kidnapped peoples children to end wars it worked for sylvannas in silverpine when she threatened to turn crowleys daughter into a undead

imagine if i did hand over the prince to garrosh he could use him for leverage basically say we want ashevenvale and darkshore or your gonna get a pinky finger in the mail for the next few days

Roleplaying as a evil bastard is so much fun
    And that is why guys like you follow characters like Garrosh as example, despite the fact he is set to lose miserably and most with common sense have seen it going that way for some time.

Roleplaying btw comes from peoples on interpretation of how they perceive things in the real world, people don't rp out of there own character even if there acting as someone else.
    #boycottchina

To be fair they have introduced scenarios which was supposed to be a way to tell these interesting events without having to mess around with the ingame world
    Indeed they try to implement such crucial lore through scenarios, but even then they are limited, there are things that can be far better described through books.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    In the book text, Fearbreaker is actually a little too big for Andy, and is too small for Baine. .
    Meh, just pointing out that I think its funny when people say fight for peace or something
    Fighting for peace is like saying to show how much I support chasity ima fuck 20 girls

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Indeed they try to implement such crucial lore through scenarios, but even then they are limited, there are things that can be far better described through books.
    yeah, books can show events in a lot more detail than the game can
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    A horde guy. Feeling that there are worse things than teaming up with Anduin.

Hate Garrosh (and Nazgrim, for whatever reason) as much as you wish to. Hate war, hate orcs, but for the love of God don't say you would follow Anduin anywhere. This little gay prick is reserved for the Alliance, and we should be gratefull.

I mean, really? Even your avatar seems to try to run away from your post. Anduin?
    Its obvious why you don't get it, usually people don't have a broader sense of scale when it comes to the story. I stand by my own interests in the story but I also take a broader view of all characters. Its because the way blizzard designed the game that I can't interact with those on the other faction, that doesn't stop be liking and disliking characters on the other side.
    I might be a horde fan more then alliance, but I'm not someone who thinks 'oh, I'm horde, I need to hate all the alliance because I can pvp against that', thats just stupid.

And Anduin is a character that if anything represents things to come, unlike failures like Garrosh and his goons.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

I think if they tried they could of done a scenario where we act as Vol'Jin or whoever in certain lore moments like Cairne v.s. Garrosh Hellscream and other events in the Shattering book but yeah some things are better told in a book.

Meh, just pointing out that I think its funny when people say fight for peace or something
    Fighting for peace is like saying to show how much I support chasity ima fuck 20 girls

Giving someone a weapon has no implication on an act of war of hostility.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Its obvious why you don't get it, usually people don't have a broader sense of scale when it comes to the story. I stand by my own interests in the story but I also take a broader view of all characters. Its because the way blizzard designed the game that I can't interact with those on the other faction, that doesn't stop be liking and disliking characters on the other side.
    I might be a horde fan more then alliance, but I'm not someone who thinks 'oh, I'm horde, I need to hate all the alliance because I can pvp against that', thats just stupid.

And Anduin is a character that if anything represents things to come, unlike failures like Garrosh and his goons.
    Here here!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    How exactly is this lore impossible to show in game? You're saying we couldn't have seen for instance Garrosh dueling Cairne? Even though we saw him dueling Thral pre-wrath? There couldn't have been a battle for undercity esque siege of thunderbluff?
    Where do we as players and adventurers fit into this story? It can't be done, there are too many things to show for starters a lot of them are also personal to X character. This is a game, we don't want to watch cinematics or cut scenes we are there to be involved. They are two completely different types of media and games are far more limited because of the interactivity.

You're also picking on the very bold parts of the story, as we're using the Shattering as an example, where do we fit in when Baine meets Anduin? Where are we when Thrall travels to Nagrand? Where are we during Thralls discussion with Garrosh and Cairne? Where are we when Night Elves get killed by Twilights Hammer?

So on so forth. There is only so much you can put into a game before it becomes a load of cinematics and cut scenes that a huge amount of time, resources and money are put into that only a small proportion of the playerbase will bother with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Where do we as players and adventurers fit into this story? It can't be done, there are too many things to show for starters a lot of them are also personal to X character. This is a game, we don't want to watch cinematics or cut scenes we are there to be involved. They are two completely different types of media and games are far more limited because of the interactivity.

You're also picking on the very bold parts of the story, as we're using the Shattering as an example, where do we fit in when Baine meets Anduin? Where are we when Thrall travels to Nagrand? Where are we during Thralls discussion with Garrosh and Cairne? Where are we when Night Elves get killed by Twilights Hammer?

So on so forth. There is only so much you can put into a game before it becomes a load of cinematics and cut scenes that a huge amount of time, resources and money are put into that only a small proportion of the playerbase will bother with.

Course the book haters won't ever realize this and don't call me an Adventerer I'm a Hero >
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I think the point is that the game's lore should be in, you know, the game.
    The lore isnt based on the game, the game is based on the lore =P

And that is why guys like you follow characters like Garrosh as example, despite the fact he is set to lose miserably and most with common sense have seen it going that way for some time.

Roleplaying btw comes from peoples on interpretation of how they perceive things in the real world, people don't rp out of there own character even if there acting as someone else.
    He may lose (thanks blizz for ruining the ending) but it will be a great ride while it lasts

Then its back to killing dragons and demons yawn

Im tired of roleplaying as the misunderstood monster with a heart of gold that aint what i want in a action adventure roleplaying game

i choose orc for a reason it was to conquer and to fight not to sit around and play Pinochle with the enemy

just cause i like garrosh doesnt make me a bad person irl its just i like to roleplay as the bad guy not as some knight in shiny armour and i also believe garrosh goals justifys the means and if he did win we would stradle the earth as its masters muhahaha

I sometimes wonder why you rolled horde to begin with trassk when its so obvious you would be better suited as an alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    He may lose (thanks blizz for ruining the ending) but it will be a great ride while it lasts

Then its back to killing dragons and demons yawn

Im tired of roleplaying as the misunderstood monster with a heart of gold that aint what i want in a action adventure roleplaying game

i choose orc for a reason it was to conquer and to fight not to sit around and play Pinochle with the enemy

just cause i like garrosh doesnt make me a bad person irl its just i like to roleplay as the bad guy not as some knight in shiny armour and i also believe garrosh goals justifys the means and if he did win we would stradle the earth as its masters muhahaha

I sometimes wonder why you rolled horde to begin with trassk when its so obvious you would be better suited as an alliance
    you don't understand why i rolled horde because you have a very narrow view of the horde. I rolled horde because they were a band of noble-savage characters trying to survive, I did not roll horde or an orc because they were rip off from lord of the rings. If I wanted that I'd be playing warhammer.

Thankfully by the end its going to be your kind of take on the horde thats in minority, since most horde don't want to be in a horde thats ordered around by a warmonger fascist like Garrosh.
    #boycottchina

you don't understand why i rolled horde because you have a very narrow view of the horde. I rolled horde because they were a band of noble-savage characters trying to survive, I did not roll horde or an orc because they were rip off from lord of the rings. If I wanted that I'd be playing warhammer.

Thankfully by the end its going to be your kind of take on the horde thats in minority, since most horde don't want to be in a horde thats ordered around by a warmonger fascist like Garrosh.
    Yeah but that sounds great in a book or a movie just not in a video game you cant have both factions totally the good guys
    that makes for a boring game imo

The horde i chose to be was the horde from warcraft 2 where the warchief sent out his army to conquer and kill where the horde ran riot with demon blood flowing through there veins but alas its not destined to last so its back to boring old cold war where we dont do anything remotely exciting but hey at least you wont have any warmongering to worry about cause there wont be any war

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but that sounds great in a book or a movie just not in a video game you cant have both factions totally the good guys

The horde i chose to be was the horde from warcraft 2 where the warchief sent out his army to conquer and kill where the horde ran riot with demon blood flowing through there veins but alas its not destined to last so its back to boring old cold war where we dont do anything remotely exciting but hey at least you wont have any warmongering to worry about cause there wont be any war
    The problem with people who like that kind of aspect to a story is they don't know its a very short wick, when war is reved up into high gear, it will burn itself out, because a war brings death, destruction, lose of resources and it will never last.

You talk about war like you imagine it being a constant unending, which is as unrealistic as it gets.
    #boycottchina

You talk about war like you imagine it being a constant unending, which is as unrealistic as it gets.
    Unless it is in a big enough setting like Warhammer 40k.

10+ Year Old Account

You're confusing taste with bad writing. It isn't bad writing. The faction war can't last forever. It will eventually just look really stupid and when the Old Gods rise again and or Legion comes or any world threat returns and they still fight? We'll all be idiots. Again I find the Burning Legion interesting. Don't drag down those that like being a Orc or part of Thrall's Horde. The problem is you obviously shouldn't of played WoW cause when WoW was made it was Thrall's Horde and not the Dark Horde which you seem to forgotten. Not sure how anyone can be full of bloodlust. If you have any sort of Compassion or sense you would realize how dark the Horde was and when the writers changed it was almost revolutionary for the Horde.

They were trying to overcome their dark past and get over it. Think of the Dark Horde like Batman, dark things happened to the Horde and eventually they try and fix but like Batman can't get away from being dark(Excluding Batman doesn't kill and all that jaz and can't get over his parents deaths). Thrall's Horde is able to look past the darkness in their hearts and move on.

Garrosh is just pushing it out and making it known and show the Horde hasn't changed pretty much showing Varian is right to go to war. You want to be a Dark Horde Orc? That is your choice but in the end people like you will end up like Garrosh....dead or shamed for life and accomplish nothing...but tearing your people apart for what.. Conquest GLORY?

Dark Horde Orcs' fate will be Garrosh's fate and Gul'Dan's fate.

Warrior-Magi

But both sides aren't "totally the good guys". There are shades of gray. They aren't both a purely white clad knight in shining armor. That's why the factions are interesting. The Black vs. White dichotomy that Dark Horde/Garrosh supporters want is what I find boring...
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

The problem with people who like that kind of aspect to a story is they don't know its a very short wick, when war is reved up into high gear, it will burn itself out, because a war brings death, destruction, lose of resources and it will never last.

It has to be otherwise blizz might as well stop making these games and just release books instead

the war between the alliance and horde will be neverending cause of the need for pvp and because thats what the game was originally built on Orcs v Humans

the day the wars end is the day when blizz shuts off the last server so expect more conflict tension and a hundred garrosh hellscreams in the future

There is no bright future for azeroth no heroes no honor just death and destruction so we gotta carry on fighting till non of us is standing

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no bright future for azeroth no heroes no honor just death and destruction so we gotta carry on fighting till non of us is standing
    Wrong.

But both sides aren't "totally the good guys". There are shades of gray. They aren't both a purely white clad knight in shining armor. That's why the factions are interesting. The Black vs. White dichotomy that Dark Horde/Garrosh supporters want is what I find boring...
    Except the Alliance has always been good and Knight in shining armor. Realistically the full scale war of the Alliance and Horde CAN'T LAST FOREVER. It just can't.

Warrior-Magi