Question Requesting Help with a PC Problem

So, I have no idea what happened, but somehow my win7 permissions for admin got messed up... I am asking for help trying to fix it.

Here are some details:
    I know that it's not the individual file security permissions
    When I run as admin, access is still denied to the files that i want access to, I can't even change the permissions around on a lot of the file security permissions due to access being denied(yes, this is with an admin account)
    Any games that I run which need read/write permissions are typically denied due to not enough permissions

Is there a spot further into the OS which has specific admin privileges? Maybe in the registry?

I have my OS on my ssd and most of my games on my hdd.

I have taken my computer into my comp repair class and the professor did most of the common things, and couldn't figure it out. I have been in that class for a year and a half and I couldn't figure it out either...

A lot of forums just say to reinstall win7 or something like that... but I prefer not to, I wish to know the real problem so I can fix it in the future, and I also do not want to waste another product key, nor get win8 yet

I did scans with ms essentials, panda cloud security, and malwarebytes... they did find a few possible viruses, but I believe most of them were just programs which appeared hazardous but weren't (not sure if it was a virus that did this, but it's a possibility because it happened practically overnight)

And no, I cannot just use a restore point, I do not have one available from before this happened =/

Any help would be much appreciated

Try creating a new acct with admin permissions?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurien View Post
    Try creating a new acct with admin permissions?
    Tried this, no luck =/
    Even tried with the hidden win7 admin account

Was everything on the normal drive at one point? The games AND Windows and not deleted before the SSD install?

Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    Was everything on the normal drive at one point? The games AND Windows and not deleted before the SSD install?
    Yes, I can easily switch to my hdd and run everything fine (or at least so it seems) but I don't want to run it like that, because the hdd is too slow lol

Did you have any bitlocker turned on or make all folders private?

Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    Did you have any bitlocker turned on or make all folders private?
    Nope, neither

Have you tried enabling THE Admin account, and not your own admin-ranked account?

- There's always a default admin and guest account, try turning on the default admin account and changing the permissions that way
    Kuroiwolf - 90 Brewmaster Monk
    Youtube Account Twitch TV
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Have you tried enabling THE Admin account, and not your own admin-ranked account?

- There's always a default admin and guest account, try turning on the default admin account and changing the permissions that way
    If you're talking about the command line "net user administrator /active:yes"
    Then yes, I have already tried that with no luck

Did you just do this atm or has it worked for a while before?

Also was both drives in when you did the new install on ssd?

There were no problems until about a week ago. Before then, it was running fine for about 2-3 months.

http://www.tweaking.com/content/page...ll_in_one.html

Use the file and registry permissions repair option in this. I run it on every PC I clean spyware and virus's off of.

If that doesn't work try taking ownership of the folder(s) under security>advanced>owner tab. Make sure you repalce on all child objects and remove all inherited permisions if applicable.

hmmm, can you not make a new user admin acct to see it it can access them? Instead of trying to repair the one u use just to see results?

EDIT:

nvm u said lol. Is it only the normal drive u cannot access now?
    Last edited by foil; 2012-11-05 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreies View Post
    http://www.tweaking.com/content/page...ll_in_one.html

Use the file and registry permissions repair option in this. I run it on every PC I clean spyware and virus's off of.

If that doesn't work try taking ownership of the folder(s) under security>advanced>owner tab. Make sure you repalce on all child objects and remove all inherited permisions if applicable.
    *le sigh*
    there goes my whole ssd installation
    system restores and all
    and yes I used the backup, but it didn't help

this doesn't really help you but it may for others:

Code:
    Folders:
    takeown /f <directory name> /r /d y
    icacls <directory name> /grant administrators:F /t

running takeown and then icacls on the directory you want ownership to will recursively run through the folder and all files/subfolders and grant full control to administrators

"I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right