What is there to do for 1/2 players?

So, looking for an MMO to play besides WoW, and rift seems fun, essp with the new expansion. But I have a few questions:

1.) What is there to do for the solo player or the duo player?
    2.) How balanced are the souls atm? Last time I played was just after launch when the souls balance was a bit off.
    3.) How would you rate the community in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    So, looking for an MMO to play besides WoW, and rift seems fun, essp with the new expansion. But I have a few questions:

2.) How balanced are the souls atm? Last time I played was just after launch when the souls balance was a bit off.
    1) YES! There is! They are called chronicles and they are AMAZING. They drop blues and epics and dungeon tokens. They are... AMAZING.
    2) We won't know until we hit 60 and get gear. But with so many specs to choose from its hard for any one calling to be under powered.
    3) I just joined a guild and they handed me like 4 epics, taught me important stuff about the game, and helped me complete chronicles.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

1. Solo and Duo Players can benefit from Instant Adventures, Chronicles (2 man Dungeons), most epic quest chains need 2 players, so that'll take up a lot of your time together and ofc there are the ever random zone events and invasions that you can participate in.
    2. They're under development, but warriors aside, it feels like they are starting to get closer to the balance they want, there has been a lot of positive feedback on several souls they have completed revamped in patch 1.11 recently
    3. 10/10 - Rift keeps putting up stuff to bring us INTO the world and not in cities, so very few trolls are around. guilds will help you out and usually, even in LFG, people tend to whisper you what you can change or improve or compliment you on your performance.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

thanks a lot for the info! Love the help.

Downloading the full client now, downloaded the beta first and loved it (Mage with earth elemental pet). Can't wait to try the normal game again

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 04:45 PM ----------

Doublepost (Sorry!):

Reached level 20 on a Ranger (main) Marksman and Assassin. Love it a lot. Did instant adventures, capped on platinum and Planarite. (already got my mount). But a few stupid (probably) questions:

1.) Iron Tomb Quests. We killed all the bosses, but I didn't get to loot the 3 weapons for 1 quest. (3 kings?)
    2.) Eternal Puresource, keep or sell/throw away?
    3.) Planarite. Can someone explain this part? I know it's a currency for gear, but beyond that I don't get it.

Planarite is a currency for planar gear; you can use it right up to maximum level and it's used to buy... sigils I think? Played the game a long time ago so I can't remember, but the focuses with minor or major essences with them.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    1) YES! There is! They are called chronicles and they are AMAZING. They drop blues and epics and dungeon tokens. They are... AMAZING.
    Chronicles have been largely ignored since patch 1.8. I am still waiting on my Infernal Dawn chronicle Hopefully with all of their dev team working on live content and not expansion content we will get not half done features anymore.

I PRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Trion does not become like Blizzard and permanently devote a majority of their dev team to expansion content with live content just chugging along at a meandering pace.

Examples: Master modes, Instant Adventures, Chronicles, Conquest. All genre changing features that have been ignored, especially master modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I PRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Trion does not become like Blizzard and permanently devote a majority of their dev team to expansion content with live content just chugging along at a meandering pace.
    Yeah, because they clearly didn't bother updating the live client at all in the 6+ months prior to the expansion at a similar rate as before.

Are you for real now?

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks a lot for the info! Love the help.

Downloading the full client now, downloaded the beta first and loved it (Mage with earth elemental pet). Can't wait to try the normal game again

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 04:45 PM ----------

Doublepost (Sorry!):

Reached level 20 on a Ranger (main) Marksman and Assassin. Love it a lot. Did instant adventures, capped on platinum and Planarite. (already got my mount). But a few stupid (probably) questions:

1.) Iron Tomb Quests. We killed all the bosses, but I didn't get to loot the 3 weapons for 1 quest. (3 kings?)
    2.) Eternal Puresource, keep or sell/throw away?
    3.) Planarite. Can someone explain this part? I know it's a currency for gear, but beyond that I don't get it.
    1 - Maybe its bugged? Id drop it and get it the quest again and see what happens

2 - Open them up, they are like goodie bags you get for doing Rifts and Invasions. They can contain artifacts, planarite, crafting mats, all kinds of stuff

3 - Planarite is a currency used at Planarite vendors. You will also receive stones for good participation in events, IA's, Rifts, Invasions. During your leveling each zone will have anywhere from 1 to 2 planarite vendors in some quest hub of the zone. There are two types of vendors: Planarite Goods and Rare Planarite Goods. Rare Planarite Goods vendors will offer gear that you can purchase, usually a blue and a epic. One vendor my sell epic gloves and a blue belt. The next could sell epic shoulders and blue pants. They are useful vendors to pick up decent gear to fill a slot here and there. Usually coupled with running dungeons to fill other gear slots. There is also use for Planarite at endgame, but I am a returning player who just got 2 toons to 50 in the Meridian IA last weekend so I know little about its use in endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Yeah, because they clearly didn't bother updating the live client at all in the 6+ months prior to the expansion at a similar rate as before.

Are you for real now?
    Biggest fan and harshest critic of Trion. I am not going to fanboi features that are incomplete. They cannot parade chronicles in front of the player base, then not finish them with no reasoning.

If they choose to put expansion content over live content, then it will prove to me atleast that they have taken the Blizzard approach to releasing content and expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest fan and harshest critic of Trion. I am not going to fanboi features that are incomplete. They cannot parade chronicles in front of the player base, then not finish them with no reasoning.
    Gimme meh dance studio!!!!! JKJK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Gimme meh dance studio!!!!!
    "So you think you can Dance?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    "So you think you can Dance?"

That was painful....

Chronicles have been largely ignored since patch 1.8. I am still waiting on my Infernal Dawn chronicle Hopefully with all of their dev team working on live content and not expansion content we will get not half done features anymore.

Examples: Master modes, Instant Adventures, Chronicles, Conquest. All genre changing features that have been ignored, especially master modes.
    Umm, how can you say IA and Cnquest have been ignored when nearly every patch since they have come out has altered them in some way.

If IA was ignored they wouldn't have added Scarwood, made teleports more often, added green circles to the map that were missing, made teleports better for cross faction play after cross faction was introduces......etc.

If CQ was ignored, why have there been changes to the way you gain points, changed to the number of extractors, changed the locations of portals, added in gaining PvP rep for kills....etc

Neither of those features have been ignored since they were implemented.

Why do you make things up to complain about? They have been improving and making live better the whole time they were working on the expansion, why even bring this up?